TrueBlueArmy Forums
Bobby Kellard - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Bobby Kellard (/showthread.php?tid=101)

Bobby Kellard - Northstander - 10-01-2021

It is with great sadness I post that Bobby Kellard passed away earlier today aged 77. I remember Bobby playing in the Fulham replay, official attendance 44050 and then the home loss to West Brom the eventual Cup winners. Ironically Bristol City are another of his former clubs. RIP

RE: Bobby Kellard - Hammie - 10-01-2021

never saw him but often heard him mentioned as a decent player. RIP

RE: Bobby Kellard - hilsea12 - 10-01-2021

(10-01-2021, 01:46 PM)Hammie Wrote: never saw him but often heard him mentioned as a decent player. RIP
A very hard man, often, and rightly called a Pocket Battleship, with quads the size of tree trunks.

RE: Bobby Kellard - Wightblue - 10-01-2021

Saw him play for Palace at The Dell (one of my London mates was a Palace fanatic ) before his move to Pompey, great on the day. Delighted when he moved to FP, always a committed, industrious player definitely fit to wear the shirt.

Great player for us, I have often mentioned him to my Grandson in terms of  “if we had a Bobby Kellard playing for us, we would be walking this”..... so I’ll say it again “ If Pompey had a Bobby Kellard playing for us this season we would be nailed on for promotion”

RIP Bobby

RE: Bobby Kellard - bluebollox - 10-01-2021

RIP old Treetrunks.

RE: Bobby Kellard - roysiv - 11-01-2021

I recall a match where the referee was insisting the players moved 10 yards from the ball at a free kick, after a few arguments, Kellard strode , counting the steps, to prove the ref was wrong, he got booked?

RE: Bobby Kellard - exterminator - 11-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 04:31 AM)roysiv Wrote: I recall a match where the referee was insisting the players moved 10 yards from the ball at a free kick, after a few arguments, Kellard strode , counting the steps, to prove the ref was wrong, he got booked?

In the 67-68 season we were walking away with the old Div 2 ( now Championship) with George Smith and Bobby Kellard bossing the midfield. Up front we had Ray Pointer in the no 10 role supplying Ray Hiron, Albie McCann and Nicky Jennings who all got in to double figures for goals. 

Ray Pointer broke his leg, it all fell apart and we ended up 5th. That season was Bobby Kellard his best for us - tigerish in the tackle and a good short passer to the creative players.

RE: Bobby Kellard - Northstander - 11-01-2021

(11-01-2021, 01:00 PM)exterminator Wrote: In the 67-68 season we were walking away with the old Div 2 ( now Championship) with George Smith and Bobby Kellard bossing the midfield. Up front we had Ray Pointer in the no 10 role supplying Ray Hiron, Albie McCann and Nicky Jennings who all got in to double figures for goals. 

Ray Pointer broke his leg, it all fell apart and we ended up 5th. That season was Bobby Kellard his best for us - tigerish in the tackle and a good short passer to the creative players.

Ray was injured the Saturday before the cup tie which we lost at Fp to the eventual winners West Brom. Twas never the same without Ray indeed

RE: Bobby Kellard - mikey393 - 12-01-2021

I remember watching Bobby Kellard as if it was only yesterday with Ray Hiron, Nicky Jennings, Albie McCann etc; A Great Midfield General & the Boiler Room of the team. He got stuck in to the opposition & became a fans favourite. He served the club well R.I.P. Bobby.