TrueBlueArmy Forums
Eastern Road Bebrief. - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Eastern Road Bebrief. (/showthread.php?tid=1012)

Eastern Road Bebrief. - BilltheCat - 19-09-2021

https://easternroaddebrief.wordpress.com/2021/09/18/oh-no-were-at-home/

Anybody know these people? Uncomfortable reading!!

RE: Eastern Road Bebrief. - Bluebob - 19-09-2021

(19-09-2021, 07:27 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: https://easternroaddebrief.wordpress.com/2021/09/18/oh-no-were-at-home/

Anybody know these people? Uncomfortable reading!!

A superbly written account of the problems we Pompey fans are putting up with. No doubt bluetagagain will dispute all of it with his blue tinted specs.

RE: Eastern Road Bebrief. - exterminator - 19-09-2021

This is a Ryan Stillwell as Pompey Viking who does summarising on Express FM - he is also a regular poster on TPF.

I can't argue with much of what he says apart from Catering/Bar - you just cannot get the staff at the moment. I was only speaking to a former owner of a couple of kebab shops last week, he has sold both because he can't get any staff to operate them late nights or weekends !!

RE: Eastern Road Bebrief. - dsmg - 19-09-2021

Can’t get the staff- Brexitttttttt

RE: Eastern Road Bebrief. - exgaffer - 20-09-2021

(19-09-2021, 08:40 PM)dsmg Wrote: Can’t get the staff- Brexitttttttt

So the only people capable of working are those from other countries then?   Smile

OK I’ll be brief  Smile .

Can you imagine what it would be like if you had to prove your vaccination status too?

RE: Eastern Road Bebrief. - stayinupforever - 20-09-2021

There does seem to be a general malaise around the club at the moment. But I don't think it's just at Pompey or football.

There seems to be an acceptance that not getting things right is "ok". Whether that's down to Covid, the government or Brexit I have no idea but there seems to be very little forward planning anywhere (vaccines excepted).

It's always a response or reaction to something never a proactive or pre-emptive plan.

RE: Eastern Road Bebrief. - bluetagagain - 20-09-2021

To answer some of the Easter Rd questions.

I had no probs, other than a 10 min wait. People putting their ST’s in the slot was a problem. You only had to scan your ticket just like every other shop in the UK. The slot is for printed tickets and phones to scan QR codes.

Catering has always been shite at FP but I don’t go to a match to eat. Everybody pays with a card now.

The club shop sells Nike gear so of course it’s going to be expensive, the same people complained when we had cheap kit manufacturers.

There is a massive problem with staff at the moment - stewards/ chefs/ servers etc shortages everywhere not just PFC.

The match was shite though, like the Paul Cook days but toothless up front. DC needs to bin his iPad and stats and get back to basics. It’s not a difficult game.

Also , the club sent out emails and a ‘ cardboard’ card with your seat details on it and an apology also stating we’d be getting new cards.

Some people like a good whinge and it’s easy to complain , the whole stand thing with people being moved wasn’t PFC’s doing it was Portsmouth City Council who carried out a H&s check 8 weeks before the season started,

(20-09-2021, 07:27 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: To answer some of the Easter Rd questions.

I had no probs, other than a 10 min wait. People putting their ST’s in the slot was a problem. You only had to scan your ticket just like every other shop in the UK. The slot is for printed tickets and phones to scan QR codes.

Catering has always been shite at FP but I don’t go to a match to eat. Everybody pays with a card now.

The club shop sells Nike gear so of course it’s going to be expensive, the same people complained when we had cheap kit manufacturers.

There is a massive problem with staff at the moment - stewards/ chefs/ servers etc shortages everywhere not just PFC.

The match was shite though, like the Paul Cook days but toothless up front. DC needs to bin his iPad and stats and get back to basics. It’s not a difficult game.

Also , the club sent out emails and a ‘ cardboard’ card with your seat details on it and an apology also stating we’d be getting new cards.

Some people like a good whinge and it’s easy to complain , the whole stand thing with people being moved wasn’t PFC’s doing it was Portsmouth City Council who carried out a H&s check 8 weeks before the season started,

Very well put BTT.

I agree with all of it.

RE: Eastern Road Bebrief. - Jizbag - 20-09-2021

(20-09-2021, 07:27 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: To answer some of the Easter Rd questions.

Lemon!  Rolleyes

I’ve been called a lot worse lol. However, if the football was better we wouldn’t be moaning as much.

(20-09-2021, 09:02 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: I’ve been called a lot worse lol. However, if the football was better we wouldn’t be moaning as much.

Are you sure?  Smile

RE: Eastern Road Bebrief. - teeftwo - 20-09-2021

Well it appears that despite the contentment of bluetag and exgaffer with the utter shit show that was the non football part of matchday the CEO has clearly seen fit to finally take ownership of some of the issues, something the club dodged appallingly with their statement on Saturday night.

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/andrew-cullens-plymouth-programme-notes/

(20-09-2021, 10:05 AM)teeftwo Wrote: Well it appears that despite the contentment of bluetag and exgaffer with the utter shit show that was the non football part of matchday the CEO has clearly seen fit to finally take ownership of some of the issues, something the club dodged appallingly with their statement on Saturday night.

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/news/2021/september/andrew-cullens-plymouth-programme-notes/

If you want to get your knickers in a twist, go right ahead mate.

I’m not bothered about the bogs, the catering, the merchandise or any of the other stuff. I’m bothered about the football, which is currently crap.

Not sure which genius came up with the idea of the season tickets with no seat numbers on them but hey, I tapped my ticket and got in no trouble, that’s job done for me.

Pub for a few sherbets, get there a bit earlier than usual (about 10 minutes earlier in my case) and everything is fine. So you have to queue for a little while until the snags are ironed out, worse things happen at sea.

As for being ‘embarrassed’ by anything, I don’t understand the concept, life is far too short for any such bollox  Smile .

RE: Eastern Road Bebrief. - DeepBlue - 20-09-2021

(20-09-2021, 10:58 AM)exgaffer Wrote:
(20-09-2021, 10:05 AM)teeftwo Wrote: Well it appears that despite the contentment of bluetag and exgaffer with the utter shit show that was the non football part of matchday the CEO has clearly seen fit to finally take ownership of some of the issues, something the club dodged appallingly with their statement on Saturday night.

If you want to get your knickers in a twist, go right ahead mate.

I’m not bothered about the bogs, the catering, the merchandise or any of the other stuff. I’m bothered about the football, which is currently crap.

Not sure which genius came up with the idea of the season tickets with no seat numbers on them but hey, I tapped my ticket and got in no trouble, that’s job done for me.

Pub for a few sherbets, get there a bit earlier than usual (about 10 minutes earlier in my case) and everything is fine. So you have to queue for a little while until the snags are ironed out, worse things happen at sea.

As for being ‘embarrassed’ by anything, I don’t understand the concept, life is far too short for any such bollox  Smile .

couldnt agree more. No queue at all when I got there and no problems with scanning the new card. 

But they explained the no seat numbers thing .. that was because they are going to have to move people around during the season as the seat replacement program rolls out.  Not the club's  fault that they have to do that, unless you blame the decades of neglect on the ground before the Eisners came along, because that was forced by the h&s inspection very late in the day.

I’m not denying there where problems getting in and there was also no signage, however, a certain amount of common sense regarding scanning your ticket was needed, but, it looks like I was overestimating a certain percentage of our fans.
As regards catering etc of course there’s problems, unless you’ve been stuck in a bubble without no news for about 6 months , you’ll know there’s staff and haulage problems throughout the UK and abroad.

RE: Eastern Road Bebrief. - Northstandgeorge - 20-09-2021

(20-09-2021, 11:10 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: I’m not denying there where problems getting in and there was also no signage, however,  a certain amount of common sense regarding scanning your ticket was needed, but, it looks like I was overestimating a certain percentage of our fans.
As regards catering etc of course there’s problems, unless you’ve been stuck in a bubble without no news for about 6 months , you’ll know there’s staff and haulage problems throughout the UK and abroad.

The problem is if there are a significant amount of fans who had difficulties getting in and there were. Regardless of the reasons and if you want to accuse a significant number of Pompey fans of being thick. Its in the clubs best interest to make sure these issues are solved in the next game as the club are reliant on these fans for revenue. As regards to the toilets and catering again its in the clubs interest to ensure they have the highest standard they can achieve to maximise revenue. While I understand those who are not bothered about the toilets and catering. A significant number are and it will influence  attendance decisions. Ive yet to hear anyone say im going to Fratton park because the catering is crap and i love pissing up a wall with no working hand washing facilities. It needs sorting and quick

RE: Eastern Road Bebrief. - Pompey_in_Derby - 22-09-2021

Queue wasn't much better last night - stretching back as far as the Pompey shop to get into the Fratton End at the North Stand corner. Quite a few got in late and missed Brown's goal.

Had I been running the show, I'd have ordered the exit gates to be opened just before 7:45 as a one-off. Everybody in the queue would have had a match ticket so no reason not to.

Hopefully things will improve from now on!

RE: Eastern Road Bebrief. - Roybatty - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 11:46 AM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: Queue wasn't much better last night - stretching back as far as the Pompey shop to get into the Fratton End at the North Stand corner. Quite a few got in late and missed Brown's goal.

Had I been running the show, I'd have ordered the exit gates to be opened just before 7:45 as a one-off. Everybody in the queue would have had a match ticket so no reason not to.

Hopefully things will improve from now on!

Got to the ground just before 7:30,got in the ground a minute into the game,two people in front of me both had there tickets not work,one was a paper ticket,the other was a actual ticket from the ticket office,both had to come out of the queue to see another steward so probably missed the goal, as I entered the ground I heard one steward say to another " this is embarrassing,the club need to sort it out"...

RE: Eastern Road Bebrief. - Hammie - 22-09-2021

perhaps i could suggest that on saturday games people get there a little earlier, I know it is harder for midweek games for many.
I usually get there early enough to park easily. Chill out, watch the warm ups and see why we don't score very often.No queues at the kiosks for a coffee or hotty choccy then either.

RE: Eastern Road Bebrief. - Pompey_in_Derby - 22-09-2021

Why don't the club launch a 'Happy Half Hour' with cheaper beer between 1:30 and 2? Get the fans in early, offer them an incentive, fans happy, club makes more money?

RE: Eastern Road Bebrief. - Hammie - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 07:14 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: Why don't the club launch a 'Happy Half Hour' with cheaper beer between 1:30 and 2? Get the fans in early, offer them an incentive, fans happy, club makes more money?

great and simple idea, wonder why they don't?
The Eisners asked early on why the club was not getting more of the pre match spend