TrueBlueArmy Forums
Harrison - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Harrison (/showthread.php?tid=1022)

Harrison - Wightblue - 22-09-2021

Whilst I confess to not being a particular fan of Harrison, he did show movement and determination against Wimbledon when he scored his hatrick (albeit assisted somewhat by some loony tunes goalkeeping), his reward ? something like 50 minutes League minutes and then being hauled off.

During one of the very recent Pompey games, Whittingham referred to Harrison actually turning down a move away on the last day of the window, must confess I wasn’t aware of this….but there and again, I am not a confident of Cowley (in fact the only time I hear from him is when I put to much starch in his shirt collars !)

Is the fact that he can’t get on the pitch a mark of DC being thoroughly p*ssed off with him spoiling some back to back move to bring someone in as Harrison moved out and freezing him out as a result ?

By my reckoning our strikers have scored 1 goal between them in  the 8 L1 matches played this year (2 if you regard Curtis as a striker which I don’t), I would have thought it might be ‘all hands to the pumps’ rather than isolate a player, does anybody have some inside track on this ?

RE: Harrison - PompeyBlue15 - 22-09-2021

Harrison has had 2+ years here and has had a handful (if that) of decent games. He's had more than enough opportunity in the past to show his worth and hasn't done so. 

None of the strikers look much cop so don't think there's really an arguement to start any of them ahead of any of the others at the moment. Marquis probably gets the nod as he realistically would be worth a bit more if they chose to sell him so need to keep his value up. Although I assume he's out of contract at the end of the season as well as Harrison? 

Not getting a decent striker in on deadline day could cost us that extra few places come the end of the season but I'm just not sure who was available even if we had moved Harrison on.

RE: Harrison - BilltheCat - 22-09-2021

I'm led to believe that Cowley wanted shot of both Harrison and Marquis during the Summer.

RE: Harrison - mikey393 - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 12:42 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: I'm led to believe that Cowley wanted shot of both Harrison and Marquis during the Summer.

I'm sure he did but should have tried harder to shift at least one of them Marquis. In my book Harrison offers more of an attacking threat than Marquis & is good in the air if the crosses are put into the box hence our 2nd goal.

RE: Harrison - Hammie - 22-09-2021

He has to find a way to play any 2 of the 4 strikers together. That would give them the chance to show what they can do when not isolated up front. We don't have anyone who can do the number 10 role well so why not try something different than that?

RE: Harrison - DeepBlue - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 04:45 PM)Hammie Wrote: He has to find a way to play any 2 of the 4 strikers together. That would give them the chance to show what they can do when not isolated up front. We don't have anyone who can do the number 10 role well so why not try something different than that?

Surely he did that last night by playing Curtis & Marquis as a front two ?

RE: Harrison - Gerry Hatrick - 22-09-2021

(22-09-2021, 04:45 PM)Hammie Wrote: We don't have anyone who can do the number 10 role well so why not try something different than that?

Ermm...remember a chap called Jacobs? I bet he could play there.

RE: Harrison - Hammie - 22-09-2021

I thought marquis and Curtis looked ok working together last night
Jacobs? Must be crackers if you think he is going to get anther chance