TrueBlueArmy Forums
Wembley tickets to be refunded - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Wembley tickets to be refunded (/showthread.php?tid=104)

Wembley tickets to be refunded - Northstander - 12-01-2021

The EFL, Portsmouth and Salford City met yesterday to discuss the postponed 2019/20 EFL Trophy final.
A decision was taken that all supporters who purchased tickets for the match at Wembley Stadium will receive a refund.
Further discussions will now take place to arrange a new date for the match to be held.

Portsmouth Football Club would like to thank all fans for their continued patience and understanding. Information on how refunds will be processed will be announced in due course.

Good news for those who purchased these tickets....

RE: Wembley tickets to be refunded - Tomsk - 12-01-2021

Doubt anybody bought tickets because it's a competition nobody cares about.
Apparently.

RE: Wembley tickets to be refunded - ForeverPompey - 12-01-2021

(12-01-2021, 11:56 AM)Northstander Wrote: The EFL, Portsmouth and Salford City met yesterday to discuss the postponed 2019/20 EFL Trophy final.
A decision was taken that all supporters who purchased tickets for the match at Wembley Stadium will receive a refund.
Further discussions will now take place to arrange a new date for the match to be held.

Portsmouth Football Club would like to thank all fans for their continued patience and understanding. Information on how refunds will be processed will be announced in due course.

The refund had to happen. It's true, nobody really cares about the competition, but I would say plenty care about having a day out to watch us at Wembley regardless of the competition. I know my father was always glad to have had his last ever big day out for the Sunderland game. Made a happy final memory.

RE: Wembley tickets to be refunded - Northstander - 12-01-2021

(12-01-2021, 12:27 PM)Tomsk Wrote: Doubt anybody bought tickets because it's a competition nobody cares about.
Apparently.

Over 50k tickets sold by Pompey from what I remember

RE: Wembley tickets to be refunded - Northstander - 12-01-2021

(12-01-2021, 12:38 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 11:56 AM)Northstander Wrote: The EFL, Portsmouth and Salford City met yesterday to discuss the postponed 2019/20 EFL Trophy final.

The refund had to happen. It's true, nobody really cares about the competition, but I would say plenty care about having a day out to watch us at Wembley regardless of the competition. I know my father was always glad to have had his last ever big day out for the Sunderland game. Made a happy final memory.
Good on your Dad. I watched it in a PO Postcode club. we even had a Scummer cheering us on

RE: Wembley tickets to be refunded - Hammie - 12-01-2021

just wondering, do we get all he money back or are ticketmaster taking a big admin chunk?

RE: Wembley tickets to be refunded - stayinupforever - 12-01-2021

We should get it all back including fees.

RE: Wembley tickets to be refunded - hilsea12 - 12-01-2021

(12-01-2021, 07:26 PM)Hammie Wrote: just wondering, do we get all he money back or are ticketmaster taking a big admin chunk?

It was said at the time that TicketMaster would be taking their fee out first.

RE: Wembley tickets to be refunded - Hammie - 12-01-2021

(12-01-2021, 09:05 PM)hilsea12 Wrote:
(12-01-2021, 07:26 PM)Hammie Wrote: just wondering, do we get all he money back or are ticketmaster taking a big admin chunk?

It was said at the time that TicketMaster would be taking their fee out first.

that was my assumption, be very happy to be proved wrong though. 
sad, it was a chance to take the grandchildren to wembley with pompey, might not happen again for a very long time if we get promoted.

RE: Wembley tickets to be refunded - stayinupforever - 13-01-2021

Another view.
If I refuse a refund and keep my undated ticket then I will legally be able to gain access to Wembley when the game is eventually played.
If I am forced to accept a refund then it must be in full including booking fees.

RE: Wembley tickets to be refunded - JIMBON - 13-01-2021

Email from club says booking fee will be refunded but postage cost will not. Thats £2.50 on each booking made (not on each ticket). I think this seems fair enough.

RE: Wembley tickets to be refunded - Hammie - 13-01-2021

(13-01-2021, 04:05 PM)JIMBON Wrote: Email from club says booking fee will be refunded but postage cost will not. Thats £2.50 on each booking made (not on each ticket). I think this seems fair enough.

agreed and much better than I expected.