TrueBlueArmy Forums
What's tonights excuse Danny - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: What's tonights excuse Danny (/showthread.php?tid=1040)

What's tonights excuse Danny - briefcase_wanchor - 28-09-2021

Just admit the recruitment was second rate on the cheap and we are treading water.

RE: What's tonights excuse Danny - mikey393 - 28-09-2021

Two Bob Recruitment & letting better players go.

RE: What's tonights excuse Danny - ForeverPompey - 28-09-2021

I’d settle for treading water right now. Seems we are sinking fast. Is relegation a remote possibility?

RE: What's tonights excuse Danny - Bedhamptonblue69 - 28-09-2021

Cheap option appointment. Only get what you pay for . Loans and freebie additions which hardly have set the world alight . So out of their depth it’s frightening . How long can it go on for ?

RE: What's tonights excuse Danny - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 28-09-2021

(28-09-2021, 08:54 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: I’d settle for treading water right now. Seems we are sinking fast. Is relegation a  remote possibility?
Well the last time we won a game was against Shrewsbury 6 weeks ago, so yes I’d say it is a very real possibility

RE: What's tonights excuse Danny - ForeverPompey - 28-09-2021

Some of our ‘star’ loans don’t even make the 18 man squad for some reason. Barmy.

RE: What's tonights excuse Danny - Bluebob - 28-09-2021

Shocking defending powder puff attack. Will say Burton didn’t stop pressing for 90 minutes.

RE: What's tonights excuse Danny - West Australian Portsmouth Fan - 28-09-2021

5 losses and 3 draws since we last won a game of football

RE: What's tonights excuse Danny - Pangus - 28-09-2021

But for Bazuno it could have been worse. Have to bring Ogilvie in at left back. Its getting painful and embarassing watching Marquis. Morrell had a decent game and probably our only decent midfielder currently. Harness worked hard to little effect. Romeo had a decent start and showed flashes of class but faded and was muscled out of it. Curtis found it hard to get involved and was muscled out of it. Our game is supposed to be based on pressing, but suffice to say that Burton did all the pressing, all over the pitch and completely unsettled us all night.
This is looking like a very ordinary Pompey squad that may make mid-table and no more.

RE: What's tonights excuse Danny - MiltonPFC - 28-09-2021

(28-09-2021, 08:57 PM)West Australian Portsmouth Fan Wrote:
(28-09-2021, 08:54 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: I’d settle for treading water right now. Seems we are sinking fast. Is relegation a  remote possibility?
Well the last time we won a game was against Shrewsbury 6 weeks ago, so yes I’d say it is a very real possibility

Poor link up play and understanding upfront combined with defensive errors at the back. 

Not a great recipe for success

RE: What's tonights excuse Danny - Wightblue - 28-09-2021

I know Eisner is a tight ars* but Cowley knew that when he signed on, Bazunu apart, our loans seem a waste of time and too many of our signings aren’t proving to be better than those they replaced.

The promised football hasn’t ever showed consistently and Cowley seems better at talking a good game rather than actually getting the team playing one

Cowley’s lucky that he’s fire proof, just can’t see Eisner paying up his contract (unless we are in the relegation places) so we fans are expected to just grin and bear it.

Jackett and Cowley - two cheeks of the same arse

RE: What's tonights excuse Danny - bluetagagain - 28-09-2021

Another shocking performance.
His 3 at the back plan isn't working. He's still got 2 fit CB plus Ogilvie and all his full backs. Why not play with 4 at the back?
The front 3 don't work especially Harness and Marquis. Harness has always flattered to deceive ( no end product)and has done so for 3 seasons. Marquis is just shocking.
Thompson needs to play in front of a back four in a 4141 formation. I would play Romeo as a rt wide midfielder instead of Harness.
Baz
Freeman, Raggs Downing/Ogilvie, Brown
Thompson
Romeo,Tunnicliffe, Morrell,Curtis
anyone who can shoot

Get back to basics. Defend properly and shut down the midfield. We've got players with pace on both flanks and there must be someone at the club that can shoot without thinking about it. I'm starting to worry about the Cowley's, I really hope I'm wrong but they need to sort it out fast otherwise Saturday could be embarrassing.

RE: What's tonights excuse Danny - Jizbag - 28-09-2021

I really wish Eisner would sell up to somebody who actually gave a fuck and was interested in progressing the cub.

Clueless American buys "Sleeping Giant"

RE: What's tonights excuse Danny - slayer - 28-09-2021

Five or six players needed.

To be fair Romeo and Bazunu are superb signings.

RE: What's tonights excuse Danny - Pedalo_menders - 28-09-2021

I'll give Danny a couple more transfer windows. He's inherited a lot of shift players and is on a reduced budget.

That's not to say he recruited well though. Just gonna cut him some slack because we knew before the season started it wasn't going to be fun.

RE: What's tonights excuse Danny - Ain’t got a Danny - 28-09-2021

He should keep his explanations and excuses simple. I doubt some of the players understand what he’s talking about.

RE: What's tonights excuse Danny - MiltonPFC - 28-09-2021

Agree with that.
His lengthy ‘PE Teacher meets Politician’ explanations for everything are wearing thin.

I’m not sure yet if he is completely winging it … or so over complicating his tactics / instructions to the players that they simply don’t understand him …

Shut up Danny, re-circle the wagons behind closed doors and get abit of bite and nastiness back in the team … ala the first half against Plymouth … otherwise you will have a relegation fight on your hands