TrueBlueArmy Forums
Cowley - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cowley (/showthread.php?tid=1046)

Cowley - exgaffer - 29-09-2021

Just seen Cowley’s post Burton interview.

He looked like a defeated man ffs.

If they had interviewed Napoleon on the way back from Moscow he would have looked and sounded very similar to Cowley last night.

I would have preferred a bit of anger and some sign that he has an idea how to get out of this hole.

Worrying times indeed  Sad .

RE: Cowley - stayinupforever - 29-09-2021

Hence my post about them resigning by Christmas.

RE: Cowley - exgaffer - 29-09-2021

(29-09-2021, 09:04 AM)stayinupforever Wrote: Hence my post about them resigning by Christmas.

Well if they’ve run out of ideas, before Christmas would be good.

In fact ASAP.

Of course we could beat Sunderland and go on a run, my god the sunshine has gone to my head.

RE: Cowley - Wightblue - 29-09-2021

I genuinely feel very sorry for The Cowleys, I think reality is setting in and they don’t have much in the way of solutions to their (and Pompey’s) mounting problems).

Having been unemployed for quite a long period I doubt that they would either wish to, or afford to, resign….and Eisner’s not going to pay them off is he !

ExGaffer
I think your analogy with Napoleon is so appropriate and, whilst Cowley has contributed in large part to our woes, he would have every right this morning to read the riot act to those that so let Pompey and it’s fans down last evening.

The poor individual and collective performances apart, the stupifying loss of discipline and collecting a confetti of yellow cards will have impressed no one and Brown’s yellow for taking the law into his own hands (his second for similar offences in a few games) needs addressing, he is a senior player and Captain and should set the tone for the rest of the team.

Of course Burton were time wasting, we would have done so ourselves but leave it to the officials or, better still, take the lead and hold on to it and waste time ourselves (sorry I think the correct term is Game Management).

The problem last night seemed to be that Cowley and his players had no answer to JFH’s physical high press, our own just disintegrated in front of we fans. I said to my grandson “ we don’t seem to have any Plan B”, his reply “We don’t really seem to have a Plan A”. On reflection, I don’t think he isn’t so very far from the mark.

Where does Cowley, Pompey and we fans go from here ? I don’t have a clue but, there and again, neither I suspect does Cowley.

RE: Cowley - ForeverPompey - 29-09-2021

He did offer the astute statement when asked about his 3 at the back that 'a system is a system I think'. Insightful!

RE: Cowley - Tomsk - 29-09-2021

"Where does Cowley, Pompey and we fans go from here ? I don’t have a clue..."

???
We go on to the next game and try and turn things round...!!!

RE: Cowley - ForeverPompey - 29-09-2021

I agree that miracles can happen. 18 games into his tenure and he has certainly turned things around from a disappointing, boring outfit to a shambles. Perfect scenario for beating Sunderland. That’s football. PUP

RE: Cowley - Ain’t got a Danny - 29-09-2021

(29-09-2021, 09:01 AM)exgaffer Wrote: Just seen Cowley’s post Burton interview.

He looked like a defeated man ffs.

If they had interviewed Napoleon on the way back from Moscow he would have looked and sounded very similar to Cowley last night.

I would have preferred a bit of anger and some sign that he has an idea how to get out of this hole.

Worrying times indeed  Sad .

At least Napoleon knew they way back.

RE: Cowley - slayer - 29-09-2021

Half the squad are Jackshitt players that needed to play safety first handbrake on football because they can't play to space.

The recent results in the style of play patently prove that.

Where Cowley has been supported in bringing players in, he has brought players in who can play his pressing brand of football and generally he has improved the quality of the player in that position.

Where Cowley is perhaps going wrong is trying to play his style with half a team that are woefully short of the standard required to carry it out.

If I were him, I would revert to a 4-3-3 cum 4-5-1 and try and grind results out until the next window, then go after more Bazunus, more Morells, more Romeos.

Maybe we do a backwards Pompey and have a great January and second half of the season, and play the Cowley press in 2022.

RE: Cowley - slayer - 29-09-2021

It would be a shame to hound Cowley out now. We have someone who wants to play the brand of football we demanded to watch under Jackett. He just hasn't got the players yet and we know full well that isn't for the lack of trying.

Were it not for the outlay on Morell perhaps we would be going after the board and their budget, but I'm not sure that's fair criticism either.

RE: Cowley - Tomsk - 29-09-2021

Completely agree, early days give the bloke(s) a chance