TrueBlueArmy Forums
Well, at least we’re consistent ! - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Well, at least we’re consistent ! (/showthread.php?tid=1048)

Well, at least we’re consistent ! - Wightblue - 29-09-2021

Our Academy kids have now exited from the Youth Alliance Cup at the hands of  Forest Green Rovers !

Pompey, already out of the EFL Cup, teetering on an exit from the Papa John’s, League 1 seemingly in free-fall, we do seem to be plumbing unfathomable depths at the moment.

Still, we are still in The FA Cup so that’s all right then.

RE: Well, at least we’re consistent ! - PompeyDB - 29-09-2021

Any non-league team would fancy their chances against us in the FA Cup first round at the moment.

RE: Well, at least we’re consistent ! - Pedalo_menders - 29-09-2021

The benchmark is Aldershot. That was the lowest point in Pompeys history.

RE: Well, at least we’re consistent ! - Wightblue - 29-09-2021

Pedalo

You’re tempting fate !

RE: Well, at least we’re consistent ! - Cleaver Greene - 29-09-2021

My Missis thinks I support a football team called FFS Pompey.
Thats the only thing she has heard me say over the past few weeks.

RE: Well, at least we’re consistent ! - foxleyblue - 29-09-2021

(29-09-2021, 01:45 PM)Wightblue Wrote: Our Academy kids have now exited from the Youth Alliance Cup at the hands of  Forest Green Rovers !

Pompey, already out of the EFL Cup, teetering on an exit from the Papa John’s, League 1 seemingly in free-fall, we do seem to be plumbing unfathomable depths at the moment.

Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Well, at least we’re consistent ! - Deebo - 29-09-2021

Give it a rest WhingeBlue. You’re starting to sound like Private Fraser.

RE: Well, at least we’re consistent ! - exgaffer - 29-09-2021

(29-09-2021, 04:00 PM)foxleyblue Wrote:
(29-09-2021, 01:45 PM)Wightblue Wrote: Our Academy kids have now exited from the Youth Alliance Cup at the hands of  Forest Green Rovers !

Big Grin Big Grin

Well actually I couldn’t give a flying one about the EFL Cup or the Papa John’s Trophy, so the fact that we are still in the F. A. Cup IS a plus for me  Smile .

The Academy seems to have been abandoned by the Eisners, strangely.

Our best hope is that someone else wants to buy us but I won’t be holding my breath.

RE: Well, at least we’re consistent ! - slayer - 29-09-2021

Those competitions are good for getting players fit and challenging for the senior team so I always see it as a shame when we exit them.

Deebo

Sorry to bore you with my whingeing but, after 75 seasons of supporting Pompey, I now just tell it like I see it !

Anyone and everyone is welcome to take a pop at my posts, I’ve a thick skin and won’t be offended, anyway, I have been insulted by much better people than most on this board (?).

I would love to be able to applaud and laud Portsmouth FC but I can’t at the moment, it’s not fit for purpose.

RE: Well, at least we’re consistent ! - dsmg - 29-09-2021

Hey, Wighty! How do you know how good I am? Not that I've insulted you.

Sorry about my last post, didn’t check it and the (?) should have been a Smiley face, some of us olds just aren’t up to pace with this tech stuff.

Frankly, I am still reeling from the fact that my Sinclair ZX81 is regarded as out dated….and just as I had finally mastered Basic programming !

Does this mean I am a dinosaur ?