TrueBlueArmy Forums
Jamie O'Hara - TalkSport - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Jamie O'Hara - TalkSport (/showthread.php?tid=1051)

Jamie O'Hara - TalkSport - mikey393 - 29-09-2021

On the late evening programme last night with Dean Saunders. Sonny a 23 year old Staunch Pompey Supporter rang in pretty fed up with last night's performance with our strong away support. Asked for their views, O'Hara said he had a great affection for Pompey from his time at the club. His view was to give the Cowleys until Xmas to turn things round if not on their bikes as the club need to get out of Div 1. He said he avidly still follows the club & reads posts on the forums. Dean Saunders said his first visit to Fratton Park as a 19 year old with Swansea ended up as a 6-0 defeat with a Neil Webb hattrick, Mark Hately -2 & Alan Biley. Billy Gilbert & Noel Blake also played. Those were the 'Days'.

RE: Jamie O'Hara - TalkSport - Hammie - 29-09-2021

(29-09-2021, 08:20 PM)mikey393 Wrote: On the late evening programme last night with Dean Saunders. Sonny a 23 year old Staunch Pompey Supporter rang in pretty fed up with last night's performance with our strong away support. Asked for their views, O'Hara said he had a great affection for Pompey from his time at the club. His view was to give the Cowleys until Xmas to turn things round if not on their bikes as the club need to get out of Div 1. He said he avidly still follows the club & reads posts on the forums. Dean Saunders said his first visit to Fratton Park as a 19 year old with Swansea ended up as a 6-0 defeat with a Neil Webb hattrick, Mark Hately -2 & Alan Biley. Billy Gilbert & Noel Blake also played. Those were the 'Days'.

A little unfair to compare the current team to one of the best I ever watched! And to finish off with my favorite fan song too. 

The current lot seem much more like all those years of just avoiding relegation in the champ; capable of a decent 20 minutes here and there but mostly flattering to deceive.

RE: Jamie O'Hara - TalkSport - slayer - 30-09-2021

Well if he does read the forums, can I be the first to say thanks Jamie for putting 9 out of 10 performances in every week. Think at Pompey we saw the best of you

RE: Jamie O'Hara - TalkSport - Pedalo_menders - 30-09-2021

And telling Redknapp to shove his contract up his arse when playing Tottenham. Legend for nailing his colours to the mast like that.

RE: Jamie O'Hara - TalkSport - mikey393 - 30-09-2021

(29-09-2021, 09:08 PM)Hammie Wrote:
(29-09-2021, 08:20 PM)mikey393 Wrote: On the late evening programme last night with Dean Saunders. Sonny a 23 year old Staunch Pompey Supporter rang in pretty fed up with last night's performance with our strong away support. Asked for their views, O'Hara said he had a great affection for Pompey from his time at the club. His view was to give the Cowleys until Xmas to turn things round if not on their bikes as the club need to get out of Div 1. He said he avidly still follows the club & reads posts on the forums. Dean Saunders said his first visit to Fratton Park as a 19 year old with Swansea ended up as a 6-0 defeat with a Neil Webb hattrick, Mark Hately -2 & Alan Biley. Billy Gilbert & Noel Blake also played. Those were the 'Days'.

A little unfair to compare the current team to one of the best I ever watched! And to finish off with my favorite fan song too. 

The current lot seem much more like all those years of just avoiding relegation in the champ; capable of a decent 20 minutes here and there but mostly flattering to deceive.
Hammie, I wasn't comparing the two teams. The past one was miles above our current one. I reckon if there has a hypothetical game between them they'd rack up double figures!

RE: Jamie O'Hara - TalkSport - EE81966 - 30-09-2021

Saunders got it wrong it was only 5-0