TrueBlueArmy Forums
Sunderland fans on rtg - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Sunderland fans on rtg (/showthread.php?tid=1062)

Pages: 1 2

Sunderland fans on rtg - Theyak2 - 02-10-2021

Huge fans site and masses of threads and replies but Jesus christ, some of the most biased, dick heads I've ever read exist on that site.
There are some knowledgeable lads there too but it's heavily laden with 'mugs'
Pompey contrary to what they think don't normally play on bogs and we have suffered on our own pitch for style of football in facical conditions before. Leicester in 2003 anyone?
But I thought we adapted and actually played some stuff that opened them up really well.
I thought we got lucky with the 2nd goal and TV only confirmed it tonight with Curtis's tackle on their lad. But there was so much that was good about pompey.
Sunderland  well today they were mugs on and off the pitch.

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - Jezzer - 02-10-2021

Like it nevers rains in Sunderland.  Some of their fans still haven't come to terms with the fact that they ceased to be a big player when the titanic went down.

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - Northstander - 03-10-2021

I read the Fratton/Portsmouth thread, made me smile. Some of them didn't grasp that it had rained all day and then came down harder in the 2nd half. At 2 p.m the pitch surface was a credit as always to the ground staff. By the way Did everybody's ST work ok yesterday going in ? I know one chap who arrived early deliberately with his 2 lads, the ST's still didn't work

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - PompeyDB - 03-10-2021

Mine worked perfectly. Perhaps your chap was still trying to put it in the slot?

No he wasn't DB. The stewards tried it and let the family in. He is going to be sent new cards they assured him

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - foxleyblue - 03-10-2021

One fan's comments.......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7LKOwnUpKg

(03-10-2021, 10:03 AM)foxleyblue Wrote: One fan's comments.......

Thanks Foxley. He was honest and with a smile on his face

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - PompeyBlue15 - 03-10-2021

(03-10-2021, 10:03 AM)foxleyblue Wrote: One fan's comments.......

Fair assessment from the fella and have to agree with it. 

One thing though with the arguement that those conditions are dangerous to the players. I'm not sure there was one bad foul in the game yesterday, neither trainer had to come on the pitch and the yellow cards were either for arguing or innocuous fouls. Strangely one of 'safest' games we would have seen.

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - slayer - 03-10-2021

A large section of Sunderland fans are genuinely fucking useless aren't they. In their heads either they win or they are the victims of a wrong.

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - Northstandgeorge - 03-10-2021

Sunderland fans are no different to any others. If we had been on the end of a drubbing in those conditions there would have been loads of moaning from our fans and Danny Cowley. Those old enough to remember the Leicester game in 2003 where conditions were very similar will also remember the moans from the Pompey fans and management protesting the game should been called off. Pretty sure I was one of them.

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - Wightblue - 03-10-2021

NSG

Remember the Leicester swimming gala well…….and “Andy Townsend what a wanker, what a wanker” as well.

Sky had everything in place as it was a live match, referee is supposedly buckled under pressure from Sky not to call the game off. The conditions for the Leicester game were far worse than yesterday as  I recall.

Yesterday was playable, slightly farcical in the second half but the same for both teams

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - muschi - 03-10-2021

As I recall it the word on the street was the police put pressure to get LCfc fans into the ground. At the time there was much bad blood between the two crews and they didn't want them mixing in the town where mayhem would probably ensue.

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - Trarchus - 04-10-2021

It that forum was a football pitch it would be 6 feet under water.  Big Grin

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - slayer - 04-10-2021

They're still prattling on. Where was the water for the first couple of goals? Watched the clips back, ball rolling absolutely fine and their defence is caught flat footed playing a high line (credit to Bazunu for playing it early)

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - Tomsk - 05-10-2021

It's quite amusing isn't it. The one thing they do have a valid gripe about though was the 'tackle' by Curtis on their lad for the second goal, that was done with malice and was nasty!
Anyway shall we pop over there and start an attendance thread, that's bound to cheer them up?

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - gringo - 05-10-2021

Reference season tickets not working mine didn't nor any ones on the two front rows of north upper in F section probably due to our seat numbers being changed for the second time [first cocked up] inside stadium Andrew Cullen CEO was mixing with fans ,came up to our seats and took our details and promised to look into the problem. Full marks to him can't see previous ceo's doing similar

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - slayer - 05-10-2021

3k replies on that RTG thread. Proper salt

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - Trarchus - 06-10-2021

(05-10-2021, 10:13 PM)scumslayer Wrote: 3k replies on that RTG thread. Proper salt

Wink You'd think they're trying to create a rivalry with us.

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - slayer - 07-10-2021

It's all a bit sad and one sided though isn't it? They've stewed at us for years. Ffs it was only one smoke bomb

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - mikey393 - 12-10-2021

(05-10-2021, 03:40 PM)Tomsk Wrote: It's quite amusing isn't it. The one thing they do have a valid gripe about though was the 'tackle' by Curtis on their lad for the second goal, that was done with malice and was nasty!
Anyway shall we pop over there and start an attendance thread, that's bound to cheer them up?

I watched that a while ago & it didn't look great but if you replay slightly he had a pretty bad tackle against him just before.

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - Northstander - 29-01-2022

4.0 down at Bolton and they aren't happy lol

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - Cunninglinguist - 29-01-2022

6 That’s SIX!!!

Meltdown ?

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - dsmg - 29-01-2022

6 now. What grates is that they were there for the taking last week. We were all over them for about 25 minutes and should have buried them. Then we give away a stupid goal and the rest is history.

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - Northstander - 29-01-2022

(29-01-2022, 04:54 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: 6 That’s SIX!!!

Meltdown ?

Yep they took 5000 fans they say and are now in meltdown

RE: Sunderland fans on rtg - slayer - 29-01-2022

If ever there was a club of fans that thought they were Barcelona but they're more or less Crystal Palace.

It's how quick they turn to accusing everyone else of drug users that I particularly enjoy.

I'm as liberal as they come but I haven't got the first fucking idea how to buy drugs.