TrueBlueArmy Forums
Saudi Newcastle - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Saudi Newcastle (/showthread.php?tid=1075)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Saudi Newcastle - Deebo - 08-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 11:54 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: Do you actually have an opinion on anything Savzzz? Can't remember you posting anything other than shitposts.

I think he might have an opinion on whether you're a bit of a twat or not Tuffs. Just saying.  Big Grin

RE: Saudi Newcastle - Hammie - 08-10-2021

I would have been more than happy to see all these moneybags clubs bugger of to a Euro or World League. These types of ownerships just make me want it to happen quicker.

RE: Saudi Newcastle - slayer - 08-10-2021

If that is ever allowed to happen then in 25 years from now I reckon they'll be the only pro clubs and leagues that actually exist.

RE: Saudi Newcastle - bluetagagain - 08-10-2021

Maybe if we weren't the major (largest) arms supplier and trainer to the Saudi armed forces we would have a legitimate reason to turn down the Saudis bid for NUFC.

RE: Saudi Newcastle - Tufnell_Chimes - 08-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 12:37 PM)Deebo Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 11:54 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: Do you actually have an opinion on anything Savzzz? Can't remember you posting anything other than shitposts.

I think he might have an opinion on whether you're a bit of a twat or not Tuffs. Just saying.  Big Grin

Well that goes both ways. Just sayin loike Wink

RE: Saudi Newcastle - slayer - 08-10-2021

Premier League fans planning to sing the name of Jamal Khashoggi whenever they play Newcastle.

That's pretty politically switched on for football fans in 2021.

If football belongs to the fans then this is pretty important. Football fans against sportswashing!

RE: Saudi Newcastle - Lawrence - 08-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 09:43 AM)exgaffer Wrote: All this faux outrage makes me laugh.

So are we going to stop trading with China because of their appalling civil rights record, or India, or Pakistan or any of the other places with shabby human rights records?

If we do that we’ll pretty soon be a country of virtuous paupers.

Are you all up for that?

The hypocrisy of the virtuous left is absolutely staggering.

Why is it always a lefty/righty thing? I only mentioned Newcastle but I don't have time for likes of Man city and Chelsea either. It's a dirty sport that makes evil respectable and it's why I don't miss the premier League one bit or watch match of the day. If Hitler was around nowadays he'd probably own Tottenham.

As far as I know our American owners haven't personally ordered the killing of a journalist, jailed opponents without trial or stamped on the rights of most of its citizens. Fair enough Disneyland is a bit harsh bit i'll let that one pass. We can't always be perfect but come on this one really is an eff you to anybody whose sampled the joys of Saudi hospitality.

And BLM can jog on too. Hypocrites all of them.

If that's Pompey then I'd be out. Off to bognor I'd go.

RE: Saudi Newcastle - bluetagagain - 08-10-2021

We might not have had owners that killed a journalist but we had an owner that sold arms that probably killed hundreds if not thousands. Pompey really can’t complain about corrupt owners, glass houses and stones etc.

RE: Saudi Newcastle - Deebo - 08-10-2021

" If Hitler was around nowadays he'd probably own Tottenham."

He'd flog Harry Kane for 150bn inflated deutschmarks and replace him with Jo Goebbels as a false number nein.

RE: Saudi Newcastle - oi oi saveloy - 08-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 12:33 PM)exgaffer Wrote:
(08-10-2021, 10:08 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote: "All this faux outrage makes me laugh."

Says the bloke who was frothing at the sight of a statue - that he never even knew existed - getting tipped into a harbour. Undecided

Just because you’d never heard of him Tuffers, doesn’t mean that those of us who’ve been to Bristol many times hadn’t. Don’t get out much do you?  Smile

He doesn’t go out anymore people just point and laugh.

RE: Saudi Newcastle - kindofblue - 08-10-2021

Faux outrage of the right railing at the supposed faux outrage of the left. What a peculiar world social media is. Glad I don’t do any of the big beasts like twatter or fuzzbook or whatever they are. None of this bollox would happen if we were all down the boozer gabbing away…..

RE: Saudi Newcastle - BilltheCat - 08-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 10:15 AM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: Don't recall the national faux-outrage when Pompey had a Saudi owner - that's assuming Al-Faraj actually existed!

Meanwhile English and Welsh football clubs continue to take the knee following the 'crime of the century' perpetuated by the US state police - while turning a blind eye to the nationality of the owners of Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Millwall, Ipswich, Plymouth, Pompey, Wrexham and other clubs!

Great contribution, Thicky McThickface!

RE: Saudi Newcastle - Pompey_in_Derby - 08-10-2021

That's a bit harsh Billy Boy.......... clearly you don't believe in diversity when it comes to others offering opinions that may differ from yours!

RE: Saudi Newcastle - BilltheCat - 08-10-2021

So, your opinion is that PFC was once owned by a Saudi, and that the brutal murder of a black man in America has no impact on other ethnic minorities around the world including the UK?

Hard to agree, surely?

RE: Saudi Newcastle - Sir Robert - 08-10-2021

Otter: " He can`t do that to our pledges." Boon: " Only we can do that to our pledges"

RE: Saudi Newcastle - exgaffer - 09-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 10:56 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: So, your opinion is that PFC was once owned by a Saudi, and that the brutal murder of a black man in America has no impact on other ethnic minorities around the world including the UK?

Hard to agree, surely?

‘Brutal murder?’.

RE: Saudi Newcastle - bluetagagain - 09-10-2021

I’d suggest manslaughter of a brutal felon.

RE: Saudi Newcastle - oi oi saveloy - 09-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 09:49 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: That's a bit harsh Billy Boy.......... clearly you don't believe in diversity when it comes to others offering opinions that may differ from yours!

He’s a fake

RE: Saudi Newcastle - BlackCat - 09-10-2021

(08-10-2021, 01:27 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Maybe if we weren't the major (largest) arms supplier and trainer to the Saudi armed forces we would have a legitimate reason to turn down the Saudis bid for NUFC.

There's a difference between a Govt and Sport, for me there is anyway. The Govt is on speaking terms with The Taliban but we wouldn't want them buying a football club in England.

RE: Saudi Newcastle - exgaffer - 09-10-2021

(09-10-2021, 07:42 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: I’d suggest manslaughter of a brutal felon.

You’d be spot on there bta.

RE: Saudi Newcastle - BilltheCat - 11-10-2021

[Image: newcastle.jpg]

RE: Saudi Newcastle - exgaffer - 11-10-2021

(11-10-2021, 04:29 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: [Image: newcastle.jpg]

Looks like the usual St. James’ Park crowd to me  Smile .

RE: Saudi Newcastle - bluetagagain - 11-10-2021

>There's a difference between a Govt and Sport<
Not in this instance there isn't. The Government decide who we sell arms to and the government decide ( through their usless fit and proper persons rule/law) through a mandate to the FL, who can own or buy a football club

RE: Saudi Newcastle - slayer - 12-10-2021

There are a lot of SOS Pompey on here who I think are about to call stewards enquiry on that one

RE: Saudi Newcastle - exgaffer - 12-10-2021

(11-10-2021, 09:27 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: >There's a difference between a Govt and Sport<
Not in this instance there isn't. The Government decide who we sell arms to and the government decide ( through their usless fit and proper persons rule/law)  through a mandate to the FL, who can own or buy a football club

All this ethics in sport bollox makes me laugh, it’s all about money and we all know it is.

Personally I couldn’t give a toss who owns a club as long as they pay their bills and taxes. I think there is a case for having some kind of cap on spending in order to even up the field, but a better supported club should be able to spend more, that’s it as far as I’m concerned. 

Like it or not, money rules the world and if we stopped trading with the Saudis, the Chinese, the Yanks and every other fecker with questionable governance we’d be back to subsistence living sharpish. I suspect the people making the biggest fuss about things like this would be the first to start squinnying if we went back to an ethical Stone Age.

We should operate as ethically as possible without cutting our own throats.