TrueBlueArmy Forums
Eisners - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Eisners (/showthread.php?tid=1125)

Eisners - Jizbag - 19-10-2021

Come on then, what's your grand plan? Because it's all going to shit. 4 years and joy of joys we now own our training ground. I get the feeling they don't actually care what happens on the pitch as long as the real estate improves. 

Just sell up please. 

And if people stopped turning up they might get the message eventually.

RE: Eisners - Wightblue - 20-10-2021

The Fans at Blackpool eventually forced Oyston out although it took 2 or 3 seasons of a near total boycott to do so.

Don’t think Eisner is as intractable as Oyston and a serious boycott of new Season Ticket sales next March would shake him to the core I think.

He would have to fund PFC from his own resources and that’s not in his game plan

Isn’t going to happen of course, Pompey fans are well used to this sort of crap, it goes with being a Pompey fan, a bit of a drop off in match day tickets, maybe a thousand non-renewals in March and then, on we go again.

Perhaps we are all closet masochists  Smile

RE: Eisners - slayer - 20-10-2021

We can't keep having an Eisner out whinge when we lose.

We can't sign anyone until the transfer window anyway.

RE: Eisners - teeftwo - 20-10-2021

Comparing Tornante to the corrupt Oyston regime is ridiculous Wightblue.

People should be careful what they wish for and seem to have very, very short memories.

RE: Eisners - SW4Blue - 20-10-2021

I agree that it is does not seem fair to compare the Eisners to the Oystons.

Is it ok though to have an "Eisner's out whinge" irrespective of results?

I suspect that the Eisner's are not as thick skinned where criticism is concerned, compared to some of our previous owners, which is probably to their credit.

RE: Eisners - SW4Blue - 20-10-2021

I've also been reading up on their running of the "Mighty Ducks of Anaheim". After a couple of decades of competitive failure (despite having bundles of high draft picks) the Ducks were sold by Disney & the Eisners in 2005. The then renamed, Anaheim Ducks, under their new ownership, won the Stanley Cup just two years later in 2007.

Is it a worry that the Eisners might have the sporting sadim (as opposed to midas) touch, where everything they touch, turns to sh*t?

RE: Eisners - Pedalo_menders - 20-10-2021

I don't want the Eisners out, I want them to pull their finger out.

RE: Eisners - slayer - 20-10-2021

I would argue, with the signing and funding of the signing of Morrell, that they did.

It isn't a case of 'come on start spending' I think it is more the case of 'more of the same required'

RE: Eisners - Wightblue - 20-10-2021

Teeftoo

On a point of order, in no part of my post to which you seem to take exception, do I either compare or class (or attempt to class) Eisner and Oyston together let alone refer to Tornante.

I simply pointed out that the Blackpool fans were instrumental in Oyston’s downfall.

Disagreeing with my post is perfectly acceptable, misrepresenting it is not !