TrueBlueArmy Forums
Eisner interview - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Eisner interview (/showthread.php?tid=1141)

Pages: 1 2

Eisner interview - BigSmokeBlue - 22-10-2021

https://t.co/Y0k3aZTcMb?amp=1

RE: Eisner interview - slayer - 22-10-2021

That's a bloody excellent address to be fair.

RE: Eisner interview - exgaffer - 22-10-2021

Very impressed with that.

They have done exactly what they said they would do, the purchase of Rocko and the continuing acquisition of land around the Park shows that they have a vision for the club.

Those pining for fan ownership must know that we could not have afforded most of that and that the capacity of the ground would have reduced significantly.

If the Cowleys don’t deliver, I have no doubt they will be replaced.

I was interested in what he had to say about getting from the station to the ground. Working with Network Rail must be an absolute nightmare, the state of the stations in Pompey is testament to their uselessness. There was a plan to open direct access to the Harbour station from Gunwharf, a matter of a few yards, but this STILL has not been achieved. What are the chances of getting a bridge to ease access to FP ffs? 

Instead of spending billions on HS2 and Crossrail (in a city that already has excellent public transport), they should have spent some of that improving the pathetic state of existing regional infrastructure. It really boils my piss just writing about it, clueless clowns the lot of them.

RE: Eisner interview - SW4Blue - 22-10-2021

I've watched the video and thought I'd share my random thoughts.

Once again I think he comes across well, just as he did at the Guildhall.

I've caught whispers that the most recent TGFC meeting was lengthy, challenging and even turbulent. However, and perhaps as a result though, lots of good information was then shared a the meeting. I suspect that this has informed ME that our fanbase wants to hear from him directly about plans/progress, hence the video. Although for such a worldly and successful chap I'm not sure why it has taken him 4 years to discover that we are different to yank sports supporters.

On the video it is disconcerting to hear ME outline the "buy then discover major problems" experience has happened with both Fratton & Roko, but they are somehow "unexpected". Either they need to step up the due-diligence to ensure that they do not have such surprises, or they could litigate against the vendors for recompense if they consider that they have grounds (and most successful US businessman are not shy with involving their lawyers and I doubt ME is any different), or perhaps there is an element of this being a "line" to manage expectations. 

It's very surprising to hear that the club is spending more on the pitch this season compared to last. That challenges the understanding I certainly had and probably the slack I had given the club that as the budget was reduced, we couldn't hold on to Jack/Naylor etc.

A good explanation of the journey from the train station. Something that we have all taken for granted over decades. A good reason for the rail bridge.

He hopes to rebuild the capacity of Fratton to 20/21k and holds out the thought of 30k at some point (with a new North Stand possible) if we get to the Championship or probably Premiership. Haven't we been here before? Once you get to the Prem it is not the time to make huge and disruptive changes to the infrastructure that will almost certainly reduce capacity in the short term at a time of relatively massive demand. I'd have thought that the time for that sort of infrastructure investment & turmoil is beforehand, so that we are geared up on revenue streams to be more sustainable if we get there, but then I'm not a gazzillionaire.

Are the purchases of land around Fratton and negotiations about the rail bridge really part of improving the asset value, rather than anything else in the short to medium term?

Interesting to hear him again mention winning the Stanley Cup, despite that happening for the Ducks in 2007, two years after the Samueli's had bought the franchise from Disney & Eisner in 2005 and changes its name in 2006. I think that they would consider the Stanley Cup to be theirs and not the Eisners.

RE: Eisner interview - Tufnell_Chimes - 22-10-2021

(22-10-2021, 09:09 AM)exgaffer Wrote: Instead of spending billions on HS2 and Crossrail (in a city that already has excellent public transport), they should have spent some of that improving the pathetic state of existing regional infrastructure. It really boils my piss just writing about it, clueless clowns the lot of them.

But Gaff, when you had the opportunity to turn your boiling piss down to a light simmer, you decided not to. 

"Labour will deliver improvements for rail passengers by bringing our railways back into public ownership, using options including franchise expiry. This will enable us to make fares simpler and more affordable, rebuild the fragmented railways as a nationally integrated public service, cut the wastage of private profit, improve accessibility for disabled people, ensure safe staffing levels and end driver-only operation.

Our publicly owned rail company will steer network planning and investments. It will co-ordinate mainline upgrades, resignalling, rolling stock replacement and major projects. We will implement a full, rolling programme of electrification. Our model will ensure continuity of skills, jobs and supply chain capacity to reduce costs, improve productivity and support the economic benefits of Labour’s Green Industrial Revolution"

Labour Party Manifesto, 2019

Smile

RE: Eisner interview - exterminator - 22-10-2021

(22-10-2021, 10:34 AM)Tufnell_Chimes Wrote:
(22-10-2021, 09:09 AM)exgaffer Wrote: Instead of spending billions on HS2 and Crossrail (in a city that already has excellent public transport), they should have spent some of that improving the pathetic state of existing regional infrastructure. It really boils my piss just writing about it, clueless clowns the lot of them.

But Gaff, when you had the opportunity to turn your boiling piss down to a light simmer, you decided not to. 

"Labour will deliver improvements for rail passengers by bringing our railways back into public ownership, using options including franchise expiry. This will enable us to make fares simpler and more affordable, rebuild the fragmented railways as a nationally integrated public service, cut the wastage of private profit, improve accessibility for disabled people, ensure safe staffing levels and end driver-only operation.

Our publicly owned rail company will steer network planning and investments. It will co-ordinate mainline upgrades, resignalling, rolling stock replacement and major projects. We will implement a full, rolling programme of electrification. Our model will ensure continuity of skills, jobs and supply chain capacity to reduce costs, improve productivity and support the economic benefits of Labour’s Green Industrial Revolution"

Smile

Ha,Ha,Ha - So Duffers, the loony left if ever elected are going to reduce fares (make them more affordable), increase staff levels, upgrade rolling stock etc, carry out a full rolling programme of electrification etc, etc, that won't be cheap will it?

Where is the money going to come from to do this (by cutting benefits to the workshy & loafers....) how is the electricity going to be generated (Labour hate nuclear or will they rely on Putin ffs) - as usual from the loonies utter "pie in the sky talk".

RE: Eisner interview - Hammie - 22-10-2021

Good to hear him make sure we don't have betting logo all over our shirt, I like that.

RE: Eisner interview - Pangus - 22-10-2021

Are there minutes from the TGFC meeting that are freely available to read? It would be interesting t hear what the Eisner revealed about their ambitions for playing performance and their commitment to
player recruitment

RE: Eisner interview - 2_Kuhl - 22-10-2021

Here you go......

https://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/siteassets/pdfs/202122/tgfc---october-21.pdf

I suspect quite heavily edited!

They addressed player recruitment right from the start. You eat what you kill. Kenny made a lot of money and spent it, sadly not too wisely as it turned out.

RE: Eisner interview - SW4Blue - 22-10-2021

(22-10-2021, 12:22 PM)2_Kuhl Wrote: Here you go......

"This then led to a robust exchange about the nature of some questions as Michael and Eric did not feel the tone properly reflected the experience of their own personal direct engagement with fans".

Fair play that "robust" survived the cut.

Cool

We said sustainability - if you want money for quick success on the pitch then don’t vote
for us. We said that at the time.

Perhaps that needs posting all over the internet, then we could all stop moaning and get on with supporting the team.

RE: Eisner interview - Isaac Hunt - 22-10-2021

(22-10-2021, 12:22 PM)2_Kuhl Wrote: Here you go......

Agrred by our representatives before publication

RE: Eisner interview - Pangus - 22-10-2021

Sorry but for me all of this only confirms that sadly the Eisners are out of touch with the fans. I admire their plans and outlook but at this moment in time we are facing the prospect of League Two. Is that alarmist? I don't thing so. Did they watch the Papa Johns match v. Sutton to gauge the strength of the squad? It was almost devoid of any skills, no player on show is fit for League One. Did they watch that apology of a performance v. Ipswich who are a not a good side if you look at their record. They tanned us. We are in dire straits. When did we last concede 8 goals in successive matches. 

We are only interested in the 'here and now' unfortunately, not what will be needed in the way of future stadium capacity and walkways to the ground. 

We must strengthen in the January window, not dive into the Bargain Basement again. If you believe in Cowley then he must be given a proper budget this time to get the players he wants before its too late. 

Somebody needed to tell the Eisners what the problem is. We have spent 4 years in this wretched league. Our fans, our city, deserve better.

RE: Eisner interview - exgaffer - 22-10-2021

(22-10-2021, 04:54 PM)Pangus Wrote: Sorry but for me all of this only confirms that sadly the Eisners are out of touch with the fans. I admire their plans and outlook but at this moment in time we are facing the prospect of League Two. Is that alarmist? I don't thing so. Did they watch the Papa Johns match v. Sutton to gauge the strength of the squad? It was almost devoid of any skills, no player on show is fit for League One. Did they watch that apology of a performance v. Ipswich who are a not a good side if you look at their record. They tanned us. We are in dire straits. When did we last concede 8 goals in successive matches. 

We are only interested in the 'here and now' unfortunately, not what will be needed in the way of future stadium capacity and walkways to the ground. 

We must strengthen in the January window, not dive into the Bargain Basement again. If you believe in Cowley then he must be given a proper budget this time to get the players he wants before its too late. 

Somebody needed to tell the Eisners what the problem is. We have spent 4 years in this wretched league. Our fans, our city, deserve better.

I’m a fan, I don’t expect them to be ‘in touch’ with me, I expect them to do what they said they’d do.

We won’t get relegated but we won’t go up either.

Sadly I think we are doomed to another season in this league.

is this league such a "doom"
seems a thoroughly good league with virtually all clubs competitive and some big names to add some spice.
When we are good enough we will get promoted, probably not right now when we would probably face a season of getting relegated right back.
We might want to try very hard to get far enough in the FA cup to get a big away day pay day.

RE: Eisner interview - dsmg - 22-10-2021

Hammie, if we have a billionaire owner, surely a big pay day shouldn't really make much difference to our budget.

RE: Eisner interview - briefcase_wanchor - 22-10-2021

Eat what you kill means no net investment in the biggest asset the club owns - the squad. It doesn't work if no-one else fancies your players (eg. Curtis, Marquis - either we over-valued the in the summer or other clubs don't consider them all that). Meanwhile they spend 30m on other elements. Ok, some of those elements were admittedly lacking/necessary, but to outlay 30m and none of that on playing staff seems an imbalanced expenditure.

Suggests all future income will be used to cover the non playing staff outlay; meanwhile as the team struggles the players value decreases, hence EWYK does not look so clever. A shiny Milton end won't progress the club one inch on the pitch.

RE: Eisner interview - Tufnell_Chimes - 22-10-2021

(22-10-2021, 12:07 PM)exterminator Wrote:

Smile

Ha,Ha,Ha - So Duffers, the loony left if ever elected are going to reduce fares (make them more affordable), increase staff levels, upgrade rolling stock etc, carry out a full rolling programme of electrification etc, etc, that won't be cheap will it?

Where is the money going to come from to do this (by cutting benefits to the workshy & loafers....) how is the electricity going to be generated (Labour hate nuclear or will they rely on Putin ffs) - as usual from the loonies utter "pie in the sky talk".

Ext, dunno if you know this, but the tories just spent £37bn of our money on a track’n’trace that has never worked (for comparison Ireland spent €600k, and whaddyaknow it works) that ain’t cheap. And Putin and his mates have been bankrolling the tories since Cameron, they even bought a seat in the House of Lords. Btw, you’ve been awfully quiet on your ‘win’ lately, not having buyer’s regret are you?

To everyone else, soz for the off-piste thing with Ext. But back on topic, any board of directors that take out a $200m loan to pay themselves dividends are wrong’uns.

RE: Eisner interview - STEVE - 22-10-2021

All the usual mugs getting sucked in AGAIN.

RE: Eisner interview - exgaffer - 23-10-2021

Smile

I said my piss was boiling Tuffers, not my fecking brain.

The Labour Party is composed of completely insane people who think there is no such think as biological sex and that, among other things, men can have cervixes and become pregnant. They think money grows on trees, that the whole country is racist, that speech should be censored, that  people should be deplatformed in a democracy. To list just a small sample of the lunacy.

Labour is in the pocket of the unions, such as the RMT which have done so much to burden the railways with completely unnecessary costs and held the traveling public to ransom on more than one occasion.

They would also have reversed the biggest democratic decision in the history of this country.

They are clowns and are completely unelectable, think feck.

RE: Eisner interview - Jizbag - 23-10-2021

I don't trust Eisner one single bit. Banging on about The Mighty Ducks when he was no longer the owner ffs.

If he doesn't realise the importance of having a completive squad then he shouldn't be owning a football club.
I don't think he should have appointed Cowley, sorry Crowley either after the failed audition last season, I can't imagine him going for a more outspoken manager which is why they suited him.

Going nowhere under the Eisners expect down maybe. I'd love to be wrong but don't think I will be.

RE: Eisner interview - Smirnoffexpress - 23-10-2021

A lot of pretty words that translate into I will probably be dead and buried before we see another truly decent Pompey team! The thing with so called “infrastructure “ costs is that, unless you see the invoices , you can say that they cost anything that you like! Something that cannot be said for buying players, that is right in the public window and doubly obvious once they try performing on the pitch.

RE: Eisner interview - slayer - 23-10-2021

I didn't know the Stanley Cup was won after he sold the team. WAC!

RE: Eisner interview - Tufnell_Chimes - 23-10-2021

"I said my piss was boiling Tuffers, not my fecking brain." Gaff, you're brain boiled over way back in 2016 and has never recovered.

Certainly comes to something when the shops have empty shelves, homegrown food rots in the fields, raw sewage legally emptied into our rivers, Covid rates are more than 10 times what they are in Europe, and yet you use a trans-issue that affects no more than 0.5% of the population to justify your wrong choices. GaslitGuff, that's you that is.