TrueBlueArmy Forums
Harrow Boro FA Cup - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Harrow Boro FA Cup (/showthread.php?tid=1175)

Harrow Boro FA Cup - Harrovian - 03-11-2021

Boro supporter, looking in.
We are looking forward to our visit to Fratton Park on Saturday. Just wondering what you guys expect the attendance to be.

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - stayinupforever - 03-11-2021

Depends how many turn up. Welcome.

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - briefcase_wanchor - 03-11-2021

Despite our respective current form we should roll you over, though some of our fans will be secretly crapping themselves - we are overdue a cupset since our Leyton Orient debacle a while back.

Tactically, you don't need play a keeper; you should attack us down your right; cross deep to our back post; and expect us to gift you some chances (which our own striker would not be able to take); press our non-footballing centre back (the one with teeth missing) and hope our outstanding keeper has one of his very rare off-days. We will run around a lot and appear threatening but you can rest easy.

Crowd, I reckon 9-11,000 (depends what you bring).

Have a great day.

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - Pedalo_menders - 03-11-2021

Briefcase you traitor!

Ignore what he said. We are really really good.

We only need a sniff of your goal and any of our attacking talent will bang them in. They are absolutely ruthless.

We are completely solid at the back. If any of our players has the slightest off day (never happens) we have incredible strength in depth on the bench.

Furthermore, even if you score 3 goals, our players have unwavering grit, determination, self-belief, resilience and character to come back at you even harder and score 4.

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - Hammie - 03-11-2021

I still love the fA Cup. Attendance wise it depends how many of our more premier league type fans decide to follow the prem view that all cups are a waste of time.
Hopefully we get a good turn out with loads of kids along.
Be great if your fans turn up ready to sing and rally back your side, it will get our fans going in return.

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - kindofblue - 04-11-2021

I’m just hoping it won’t be a Harrowing day for Pompey…..

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - Hammie - 04-11-2021

Memories of Aldershot are still too raw!

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - foxleyblue - 04-11-2021

(03-11-2021, 10:46 PM):DPedalo_menders Wrote: Briefcase you traitor!

Ignore what he said. We are really really good.

We only need a sniff of your goal and any of our attacking talent will bang them in. They are absolutely ruthless.

We are completely solid at the back. If any of our players has the slightest off day (never happens) we have incredible strength in depth on the bench.

Furthermore, even if you score 3 goals, our players have unwavering grit, determination, self-belief, resilience and character to come back at you even harder and score 4.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - exgaffer - 04-11-2021

I used to get pissed off when we got a plum away tie against one of the big boys and most of their snooty fans didn’t turn up.

That being the case and bearing in mind that I love the FA Cup, I’m definitely going.  :) 

I respect small clubs like Harrow but hope we stuff them of course.

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - Pompey_in_Derby - 04-11-2021

Really looking forward to Saturday at Fratton as I always prefer FA Cup games over League games.

Back in the 70s and 80s, most fans stood on the terraces, didn't have season tickets and Cup gates were usually much higher than for league fixtures between the same teams - e.g. Pompey v Orient in 74 (33k v 11k), Pompey v Charlton in 76 (32k v 8k), Pompey v Reading in 78 (17k v 12k - and those games were just a week apart). 

Can count on one hand the number of FA Cup ties I've missed in 50 years of watching Pompey - not helped by the empty grounds due to the pandemic - and would much prefer a glorious cup run ending in the semis at Wembley to a play-off final defeat at the same venue!

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - Mr Harry Boro - 05-11-2021

Just thought I'd pop in to say how much I'm looking forward to the match tomorrow. As a fan of the small but mighty Harrow Boro it's going to be cracking day out.

To get drawn against one of the biggest clubs in League One, a former Premier League club and a club who have won the FA Cup in the 15 years is just fantastic. I've watched the previous four rounds and its not been short of drama so far, so I've got my fingers crossed the tomorrow will be eventful.

Obviously financely this is huge for the club and in our 88th year hopefully guarantees years more football in a city stuffed with large clubs overshadowing us. In the great scale of things Boro are a fairly modest club who get on with the business of putting out 11 players week in and week out with little fanfare, so it's great for the players and the members who run the club to have a well deserved day in the South Coast sun.

Good Luck tomorrow.

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - exgaffer - 05-11-2021

(05-11-2021, 09:07 PM)Mr Harry Boro Wrote: Just thought I'd pop in to say how much I'm looking forward to the match tomorrow. As a fan of the small but mighty Harrow Boro it's going to be cracking day out.

To get drawn against one of the biggest clubs in League One, a former Premier League club and a club who have won the FA Cup in the 15 years is just fantastic. I've watched the previous four rounds and its not been short of drama so far, so I've got my fingers crossed the tomorrow will be eventful.

Obviously financely this is huge for the club and in our 88th year hopefully guarantees years more football in a city stuffed with large clubs overshadowing us. In the great scale of things Boro are a fairly modest club who get on with the business of putting out 11 players week in and week out with little fanfare, so it's great for the players and the members who run the club to have a well deserved day in the South Coast sun.

Good Luck tomorrow.

Hope you have a great day out mate.

Not TOO great obviously  Smile .

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - fredscuttle`s hampton - 05-11-2021

(05-11-2021, 09:07 PM)Mr Harry Boro Wrote: Just thought I'd pop in to say how much I'm looking forward to the match tomorrow. As a fan of the small but mighty Harrow Boro it's going to be cracking day out.

Good Luck tomorrow.

Have a good one tomorrow and just remember you are not playing our history but instead you are just up against 10 average league 1 players most of them overpaid plus our famous striker Johnny Marquis who couldn`t hit a cow`s  arse with a banjo.
Two non league managers  fighting it out for a place in round two.

safe journey  down.....and if you see a lear jet near the ground on Saturday morning hovering above the pitch for a few minutes then that will be our absentee owner who doesn`t  give a flying toss about the football and is just flying in to check that the ground hasn`t burnt down yet.

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - exgaffer - 06-11-2021

(05-11-2021, 10:10 PM)fredscuttle`s hampton Wrote:

Good Luck tomorrow.

Have a good one tomorrow and just remember you are not playing our history but instead you are just up against 10 average league 1 players most of them overpaid plus our famous striker Johnny Marquis who couldn`t hit a cow`s  arse with a banjo.
Two non league managers  fighting it out for a place in round two.

safe journey  down.....and if you see a lear jet near the ground on Saturday morning hovering above the pitch for a few minutes then that will be our absentee owner who doesn`t  give a flying toss about the football and is just flying in to check that the ground hasn`t burnt down yet.

I’m sure Eisner is organising the ‘insurance job’ as we speak, I hear he’s hired old twitchy chops as a consultant  Smile .

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - Pangus - 06-11-2021

Judging by the number of seats sold it doesn't look like too many Pompey fans are up for it. Looks like a below 10 K gate to me.

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - Pedalo_menders - 06-11-2021

Attendance was 6869! If that doesn’t set alarm bells off in the board room, I don’t know what will.

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - slayer - 06-11-2021

So I bottled it today and took the missus to London instead. How were we?

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - ForeverPompey - 06-11-2021

Dull and uninspiring. First team ended up holding the ball in the corner to try to see out the game.

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - Hammie - 06-11-2021

poor kids who got taken along for their first game. No chance for an autograph and a game to sleep through after we scored.

RE: Harrow Boro FA Cup - Harrovian - 09-11-2021

Just like to thank everyone at Portsmouth for helping to make our day one to remember.
Especially the staff at The Staggering Good Brewery & at The Good Companion.
Good Luck in Round Two.
I am not sure where exactly in Harrow , Harrowgate play but I will look out for you!