TrueBlueArmy Forums
Today's match report v. Fleetwood - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Today's match report v. Fleetwood (/showthread.php?tid=123)

Today's match report v. Fleetwood - Pangus - 16-01-2021

Not a great game to watch but a valuable three points thats for sure. I thought Fleetwood were poor and happily had no pace or flair so our defence were quite comfortable throughout. We looked well organised at the back, content to sit back and concede possesion which did worry me slightly, but there was little or no threat to our goal. The only decent move of the game from either side brought our goal in first half. A superb cross in from deep from Williams was anticipated and met by a well-timed header by Marquis. It was the only quality move of the whole game from both sides.
My man of the match was McGillivray whose handling was superb throughout. He didn't have to make any great saves but his positioning was spot on. We have got a top goalkeeper here and his value should not be underrated.
I was disappointed in Jacobs who was almost anonymous, and Cannon did not impose himself as he usually does.Whatmough was very steady and the two full backs Johnson and Brown were very safe..

RE: Today's match report v. Fleetwood - Hammie - 16-01-2021

3 points up north, that'll do
and a clean sheet to boot, and marquis with a goal which might start him on one of his runs too.

RE: Today's match report v. Fleetwood - ForeverPompey - 17-01-2021

(16-01-2021, 05:10 PM)Pangus Wrote: Not a great game to watch but a valuable three points thats for sure. I thought Fleetwood were poor and happily had no pace or flair so our defence were quite comfortable throughout. We looked well organised at the back, content to sit back and concede possesion which did worry me slightly, but there was little or no threat to our goal. The only decent move of the game from either side brought our goal in first half. A superb cross in from deep from Williams was anticipated and met by a well-timed header by Marquis. It was the only quality move of the whole game from both sides.
My man of the match was McGillivray whose handling was superb throughout. He didn't have to make any great saves but his positioning was spot on. We have got a top goalkeeper here and his value should not be underrated.
I was disappointed in Jacobs who was almost anonymous, and Cannon did not impose himself as he usually does.Whatmough was very steady and the two full backs Johnson and Brown were very safe..

Didn't watch this one but interesting comment about Jacobs. He arrived to a fanfare, not fully match fit and then picked up an injury so it's hard to judge him yet. However, I don't think it would be unkind to say he's made little or no impact so far. Maybe a big 2nd half of the season from him could be the little bit extra to see us over the line this season.

RE: Today's match report v. Fleetwood - Pedalo_menders - 18-01-2021

(17-01-2021, 02:44 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote:
(16-01-2021, 05:10 PM)Pangus Wrote: Not a great game to watch but a valuable three points thats for sure. I thought Fleetwood were poor and happily had no pace or flair so our defence were quite comfortable throughout. We looked well organised at the back, content to sit back and concede possesion which did worry me slightly, but there was little or no threat to our goal. The only decent move of the game from either side brought our goal in first half. A superb cross in from deep from Williams was anticipated and met by a well-timed header by Marquis. It was the only quality move of the whole game from both sides.

Didn't watch this one but interesting comment about Jacobs. He arrived to a fanfare, not fully match fit and then picked up an injury so it's hard to judge him yet. However, I don't think it would be unkind to say he's made little or no impact so far. Maybe a big 2nd half of the season from him could be the little bit extra to see us over the line this season.

Jacobs hasnt quite had the run in the team yet. From what ive seen of him, he can put in a decent cross (more reliably than Curtis).

RE: Today's match report v. Fleetwood - mikey393 - 18-01-2021

Just watched the game highlights via the OS & Pompey were dead lucky to get the win.

Fleetwood missed stacks of chances & Marquis goal really well taken from point blank range.