TrueBlueArmy Forums
Watershed III - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Watershed III (/showthread.php?tid=1232)

Watershed III - firqdays - 23-11-2021

Why - why do we endure football .... Why ? - because after (seemingly) months of comments on the worst..... very worst..... impossible worst performances of the season - WOW ! 

We are not the finished article, but watching tonight I actually glorified and admired OUR team winning second/third/even at times fourth balls they didn't really conceive to win - ie Pompey players eg Ronan Curtis.

Ladies and Gents IF that effort is maintained we WILL AT LEAST be in the play-offs.  

PUP

RE: Watershed III - Hammie - 24-11-2021

funny what confidence can do to a team and the supporters.

RE: Watershed III - Trarchus - 24-11-2021

Starting to enjoy and look forward to the games again.  Been surprised how bad we were a few months ago clearly we're much better than that and can only presume this team have taken longer to click and then wanted a much needed confidence boost.   Having said that apart from Rotherham there's been bad periods from the others 'Plymouth' being the latest.   Big Grin    

Think we'll miss Raggett Saturday silly boy.  Really need Robertson back in the team asap.

RE: Watershed III - firqdays - 24-11-2021

Can Lee Brown play in the centre ?

RE: Watershed III - dsmg - 24-11-2021

Not good in the air IMO

RE: Watershed III - teeftwo - 24-11-2021

Was it Paul Cook that said "Never get too high about the highs and too low about the lows" or something like that. But yes, that's certainly my approach to being a supporter.

That said it is nice to finally see us playing well again. This current side just feels much more balanced than what we saw earlier in the season. Lincoln are neither a good nor poor side so it's really gratifying to see us go away from home and have 20 shots on goal with 6 on target. That could have been, with a little smarter decision making in the box, 5 or 6 nil.

Confidence in the team and the supporters could make December a very good month for us.

RE: Watershed III - ForeverPompey - 24-11-2021

Such a joy watching last night. Control in midfield, movement, passing and chasing lost causes. Curtis was outstanding in his efforts and much of his play, Harness again excellent and even Hirst showed some glimpses. Pity about Raggett's daft yellow but that was football worth paying to see. Play offs probably not this season, but it could yet be half a season of entertainment, which is a major improvement.

RE: Watershed III - bluetagagain - 24-11-2021

We're only 3 points off the Play-offs, granted we've played more games than the majority of the top 6. However, if we can maintain close to current form then the PO's are definitely achievable .

RE: Watershed III - Pompey_in_Derby - 24-11-2021

With our new-found confidence and increased energy levels, we look well placed to push for the play-offs. Apart from Rotherham, most teams above us have had their wobbles and could be there for the taking.

Curtis in particular ran his socks off and must be a nightmare to play against - reminds me a bit of Dickov ex Leicester. Very impressed that Curtis kept at it for the entire match - even in the final 5 minutes he continued to buzz around their penalty area giving Lincoln's defenders a torrid time. As a team, we were so hungry to win the second balls, typified by the build-up to the opening goal.

Only concern for me was that we were very exposed down our left in the second half. Definitely missed Lee Brown and with Curtis playing mostly on the right up top, we lacked the defensive cover from midfield that Curtis usually provides down that side.

RE: Watershed III - Tomsk - 24-11-2021

(24-11-2021, 06:04 AM)Trarchus Wrote: ....Having said that apart from Rotherham there's been bad periods from the others 'Plymouth' being the latest...

I heard a Plymouth fan on Talksport last night calling for their manager to be sacked after their two defeats, knob!
I'm pleased we haven't got any lily livered fickle fannies like that.

RE: Watershed III - Pedalo_menders - 24-11-2021

Well when you go for an entire month without a win and then get spanked 4-0 and 4-1 back to back, it would be unusual for the locals to not be a little agitated.

Out of interest, did the Plymouth fan have a Scottish accent and was he called Derek?

RE: Watershed III - bluetagagain - 24-11-2021

Or Steve

RE: Watershed III - BilltheCat - 24-11-2021

"I'm pleased we haven't got any lily livered fickle fannies like that".

Been on this board long then, Tomsk?

RE: Watershed III - Tomsk - 24-11-2021

(24-11-2021, 04:10 PM)BilltheCat Wrote: "I'm pleased we haven't got any lily livered fickle fannies like that".

Been on this board long then, Tomsk?

Wink

RE: Watershed III - Hermann's_no_hermit - 24-11-2021

Irony clearly escapes BTC

RE: Watershed III - BilltheCat - 24-11-2021

You think?

RE: Watershed III - firqdays - 25-11-2021

Keep your eyes on the Squirrel girls and boys = Play up Pompey !!