TrueBlueArmy Forums
Sheffield Wednesday - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Sheffield Wednesday (/showthread.php?tid=1238)

Sheffield Wednesday - Pedalo_menders - 24-11-2021

Looks to be the next big big game on the horizon.

And its looking like injuries and suspensions are gradually getting out of the way for this one.

Gillingham and Harrogate won't be a walk in the park but seeing how DC rotated where he could yesterday makes me think he is gearing up for this one already.

RE: Sheffield Wednesday - Hermann's_no_hermit - 24-11-2021

Gillingham certainly won't be a walk in the park without Raggett. If we can find a way of cobbling together a decent defence I  think we should win it though. Weirdly more worried about the Gills than the Owls.

RE: Sheffield Wednesday - Pedalo_menders - 25-11-2021

Indeed, I'm not sure how we will set up at the back for Gillingham. The back 3 did ok against Lincoln but they don't score at lot at the moment. Are Gillingham similar? If so, I would keep the back 3 and maybe put Thompson in the middle with Ogilvie and romeo either side of him.

Alternatively you could do a back 4 of Romeo, Williams or Thompson, ogilvie Brown? Williams too short for CB?

Who's the best fit header of the ball we have?

RE: Sheffield Wednesday - firqdays - 25-11-2021

Attack is going to be the best form of attack in this game - let them fear us.
We need a strong start.

RE: Sheffield Wednesday - dsmg - 25-11-2021

Williams looks taller than Ogilvie

RE: Sheffield Wednesday - DeepBlue - 25-11-2021

(25-11-2021, 03:38 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Indeed, I'm not sure how we will set up at the back for Gillingham. The back 3 did ok against Lincoln but they don't score at lot at the moment. Are Gillingham similar? If so, I would keep the back 3 and maybe put Thompson in the middle with Ogilvie and romeo either side of him.

Alternatively you could do a back 4 of Romeo, Williams or Thompson, ogilvie Brown? Williams too short for CB?

Who's the best fit header of the ball we have?

Don't think Thompson has ever played centre back so not sure that's an option, and playing Romeo in a back three just negates the value of playing with a back three because his ability at right wing back is the best argument we've got for a back three formation. 

I would have thought it will either be a back three of Freeman, Ogilvie & Brown (that's the least disruption option from Tuesday), or possible Freeman, Ogilivie & Williams with Thompson returning in midfield, but then he'd have to drop someone else if he wants to bring Brown back, and it seems to make sense to recall Brown when we are so short of defenders.  

Can't really see a back four with only one part time centre back available.

RE: Sheffield Wednesday - ForeverPompey - 25-11-2021

Might be Bass in goal and Baz in his usual centre-back position!!!

RE: Sheffield Wednesday - TBP - 25-11-2021

I get the impression that Gillingham is not one of Pompey's lucky opponents. A draw could be a good result here.