TrueBlueArmy Forums
Raggett - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Raggett (/showthread.php?tid=126)

Pages: 1 2

Raggett - DeepBlue - 18-01-2021

Stoke local paper reporting they are after Sean Raggett. 

I suppose it was inevitable that his performances would attract admirers but I sincerely hope we resist. Though a swap deal for Harry Souttar, who we were after in the summer, would make it more palatable.

RE: Raggett - DeepBlue - 18-01-2021

(18-01-2021, 11:50 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: Stoke local paper reporting they are after Sean Raggett. 

I suppose it was inevitable that his performances would attract admirers but I sincerely hope we resist. Though a swap deal for Harry Souttar, who we were after in the summer, would make it more palatable.

Correction ...it was not the local paper, it was EFL Hub so probably rubbish.

RE: Raggett - Tufnell_Chimes - 18-01-2021

Seems like this transfer window, perhaps more than any other, will give us some idea of the Eisners' ambitions.

RE: Raggett - slayer - 18-01-2021

If there is a fee involved we are fucking geniuses

RE: Raggett - bluetagagain - 18-01-2021

(18-01-2021, 12:26 PM)scumslayer Wrote: If there is a fee involved we are fucking geniuses

Big Grin [Image: thumbsup.png] I agree. Yes he's come good but he's not in the same league as any CB's  (other than Rasmus and Downing) that we've had for the last 3 or 4 seasons. Hardly irreplaceable.

RE: Raggett - Pedalo_menders - 18-01-2021

If they can pay for the Petrol money to get him there, theyre welcome to him. I just dont understand why people think he is any good if they have actually watched him play. Complete liability every time he goes near the ball.

RE: Raggett - mikey393 - 18-01-2021

But good at Set pieces!

RE: Raggett - exterminator - 18-01-2021

.....and a sort of Cruyff turn, but KJ must have kittens every time he does it near our goal.

RE: Raggett - dsmg - 18-01-2021

True, but we have conceded less (and scored more) than any team in the division so must be doing something right ?

RE: Raggett - Pedalo_menders - 18-01-2021

(18-01-2021, 07:49 PM)dsmg Wrote: True, but we have conceded less (and scored more) than any team in the division so must be doing something right ?

Yes, Kenny has started selecting Whatmough over Downing. And also got rid of Bolton.

Raggett is the weakest link in our defense still. We need to pray that Jack stays fit for the remainder of the season.

RE: Raggett - DeepBlue - 18-01-2021

(18-01-2021, 07:59 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote:
(18-01-2021, 07:49 PM)dsmg Wrote: True, but we have conceded less (and scored more) than any team in the division so must be doing something right ?

Yes, Kenny has started selecting Whatmough over Downing. And also got rid of Bolton.

Raggett is the weakest link in our defense still. We need to pray that Jack stays fit for the remainder of the season.

When did he ever select Downing over Whatmough ?? 

When Downing got a few games at the start of last season it was ahead of Burgess when Whatmough was out long term injured. Whatmough has replaced Burgess, he has never replaced Downing. Downing hasnt played a league game since Sept 2019.

Pedalo, I don't think he's started selecting Whatmough over Downing. Downing has only played Mickey Mouse cup games, he can't have started a league match for about 18 months. And you say he's got rid of Bolton. Where's he gone?

RE: Raggett - slayer - 18-01-2021

Morris gone, if we move Downing and Bambi on ice on, that's a solid hat trick.

Think we should throw some coin at Charlton for Pearce now

Deep, our posts coincided

RE: Raggett - Pedalo_menders - 19-01-2021

(18-01-2021, 08:32 PM)dsmg Wrote: Pedalo, I don't think he's started selecting Whatmough over Downing. Downing has only played Mickey Mouse cup games, he can't have started a league match for about 18 months. And you say he's got rid of Bolton. Where's he gone?

There was a time last season (or was it the beginning of this season? - Lockdown's pickled my brain) when whatmough was fit & available but not being started. We had Downing & Raggett as the CB pairing. I know its stating the obvious but they were atrocious.

Rasmus seems a bit iffy too, although when given a little run in the team he did better. His best performance was against Hull.

Yeh, Jackett got rid of bolton from the starting XI

RE: Raggett - Northstander - 19-01-2021

(18-01-2021, 08:28 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(18-01-2021, 07:59 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote:

When did he ever select Downing over Whatmough ?? 

When Downing got a few games at the start of last season it was ahead of Burgess when Whatmough was out long term injured. Whatmough has replaced Burgess, he has never replaced Downing. Downing hasnt played a league game since Sept 2019.

Thats correct re no league games since 2019. He started in the 1.0 loss at Shrewsbury on opening day of last season and the home win against Tranmere the following Saturday, followed by the 2.1 defeat at Sunderland. Lost his place after a 2.2 home draw with Burton in mid September when he partnered Naylor. Hawkins replaced him at Wycombe on the Saturday, a 1.0 loss and that was it for him in the league.

RE: Raggett - DeepBlue - 19-01-2021

(19-01-2021, 12:05 AM)Pedalo_menders Wrote:
(18-01-2021, 08:32 PM)dsmg Wrote: Pedalo, I don't think he's started selecting Whatmough over Downing. Downing has only played Mickey Mouse cup games, he can't have started a league match for about 18 months. And you say he's got rid of Bolton. Where's he gone?

There was a time last season (or was it the beginning of this season? - Lockdown's pickled my brain) when whatmough was fit & available but not being started. We had Downing & Raggett as the CB pairing. I know its stating the obvious but they were atrocious.

Rasmus seems a bit iffy too, although when given a little run in the team he did better. His best performance was against Hull.

Yeh, Jackett got rid of bolton from the starting XI

Whatmough was injured in February and was not fit for selection again until the following January.

RE: Raggett - slayer - 19-01-2021

Another goal tonight, bung another £100k on the asking price and use it to buy Pearce

RE: Raggett - Rick Pumpkin - 19-01-2021

(19-01-2021, 08:03 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Another goal tonight, bung another £100k on the asking price and use it to buy Pearce

Yeah, you might want to revise that thought.

Best days behind him?

RE: Raggett - Northstander - 19-01-2021

He's only 27 this coming week

RE: Raggett - muschi - 19-01-2021

Pompey have conceded 15 goals Charlton 30 - why would we wnt to swap centre backs?

p.s. How many goals is that for Ragetino now?

RE: Raggett - hilsea12 - 19-01-2021

(19-01-2021, 08:46 PM)muschi Wrote: Pompey have conceded 15 goals Charlton 30 - why would we wnt to swap centre backs?

He has 4 goals now.

(19-01-2021, 09:20 PM)hilsea12 Wrote:
(19-01-2021, 08:46 PM)muschi Wrote: Pompey have conceded 15 goals Charlton 30 - why would we wnt to swap centre backs?

He has 4 goals now.

Not bad for a centre back - also a few at the end of last season.

Think it's worth noting it was goals conceded that cost us promotion in the last two seasons.

RE: Raggett - Hammie - 19-01-2021

with the best GD, least losses etc. We should really be keeping every player that we can and just keep on keeping on.
Letting Downing and the like move on has freed up the one or two top ups required.

My thoughts exactly Hamie, don't change a winning team.

But we do need another back up centre back, the dane has ability but not experience, he gets drawn out of position too easily.