TrueBlueArmy Forums
Raggett - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Raggett (/showthread.php?tid=126)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Raggett - Cunninglinguist - 20-01-2021

I am gobsmacked that anyone would want to get rid of any player that is part of a defense that hasn’t conceded a goal for six consecutive games!

Raggett is no Matt Clarke but he is obviously doing something very right this season. Opposition fans seem to be far more in awe of our centre back pairing than some on here.

RE: Raggett - Pangus - 20-01-2021

I must admit that i had great misgivings about Raggett like a few people early on.  But watching him closely over the last couple of games I have completely changed my opinion. His positioning is great, he's good in the air, seems quick enough and he's effective simply because he's always in the right position at the right time. And he pops up with the odd vital goal. Him and Whatmough have formed a great partnership and understanding and the proof is in our defensive record which is absolutely outstanding.

RE: Raggett - ForeverPompey - 20-01-2021

(19-01-2021, 09:29 PM)Hammie Wrote: with the best GD, least losses etc. We should really be keeping every player that we can and just keep on keeping on.
Letting Downing and the like move on has freed up the one or two top ups required.

I was scathing about Raggett for ages. I eat my words now as he has performed admirably in the air at both ends of the pitch and must take a share of the credit for our defensive record. He will always give me kittens when he's got the ball at his feet, however, and the next error always seems to be just round the corner. I would suggest we shouldn't break up a winning partnership but if a back-up CB came along (Pearce perhaps) it would be useful if the squad-size limitations can take it.

RE: Raggett - bluetagagain - 20-01-2021

I agree FP, I thought he was shocking when he arrived,especially the first half of last season. However, he's settled in well and is now a key member ( a bit like Burgess when he first arrived).

RE: Raggett - briefcase_wanchor - 20-01-2021

Good to see Raggett getting a few goals, but he does waste an awful lot of clear cut opportunities from crosses or (mainly) set pieces.  He has a knack of not even getting it on target.  It's OK to be a 50pence head when you're clearing away in your own box, but he could do with sharpening up his heading at goal skills.  All that said, I'm a lot more comfortable with him this season than last (just so long as he's not got the ball at his feet and being closed down).  I'm surprised the oppo don't put him under pressure more.  They should be all over him like a bad suit.

RE: Raggett - dsmg - 20-01-2021

He’s got an excellent Cruyff turn and is a magnificent header of the ball. Scores more than Jack, Burgess and Clarkey put together. Leave him aloneeee

RE: Raggett - Isaac Hunt - 20-01-2021

(20-01-2021, 01:04 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: Good to see Raggett getting a few goals, but he does waste an awful lot of clear cut opportunities from crosses or (mainly) set pieces.  He has a knack of not even getting it on target.  It's OK to be a 50pence head when you're clearing away in your own box, but he could do with sharpening up his heading at goal skills.  All that said, I'm a lot more comfortable with him this season than last (just so long as he's not got the ball at his feet and being closed down).  I'm surprised the oppo don't put him under pressure more.  They should be all over him like a bad suit.

Raggett ?? sounds more like Marquis

RE: Raggett - Pedalo_menders - 20-01-2021

Ramos potentially available on a free this summer ;-)

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/55723420

RE: Raggett - bluebollox - 20-01-2021

Raggett or Pearce-Hmmmm. Raggett everytime, yes he's not the greatest mover on a football pitch but reads the game well & is as brave as a lion going in where it hurts. Very effective alongside Jack & Rasmus. Seems to me put him alongside someone he trusts & he does well.

RE: Raggett - slayer - 20-01-2021

He's one fuck up away from being toilet.

This form will run out soon enough and as it has done twice prior, it will take him about 10 games to earn back our trust.

Cash out now whilst his price is up and before Jack's injured again/isn't around to sheppard him.

A few on here may have forgotten the shitshow of him playing alongside Downing but I haven't

RE: Raggett - dsmg - 20-01-2021

How many games did they play together?

RE: Raggett - bluebollox - 20-01-2021

[quote pid="1777" dateline="1611176329"]
He's one fuck up away from being toilet.

This form will run out soon enough and as it has done twice prior, it will take him about 10 games to earn back our trust.

Cash out now whilst his price is up and before Jack's injured again/isn't around to sheppard him.

A few on here may have forgotten the shitshow of him playing alongside Downing but I haven't. 

Get the impression that was mainly down to Downing. Look @ it this way, he was decent alongside Burgess. Now he's decent alongside Rasmus or Jack. Plus our defensive record is the best in L1!! So he must be doing something right. As Deep mentioned the stoke link is complete rubbish, but the idea of getting rid of him & bringing in Pearce who is way past his best..is well a bit rubbish as well. Smile
[/quote]

RE: Raggett - Rocketman - 20-01-2021

Ignoring for a moment the moron on this forum who can't write a post without using the "f" word (which says more about him that the players he posts about), I think we all agree Raggett was poor when he first started, but has improved beyond recognition since. He's formed a very good partnership with Jack, and he scores goals. Recent results speak for themselves.

RE: Raggett - BilltheCat - 20-01-2021

(20-01-2021, 09:28 PM)Rocketman Wrote:  the moron on this forum who can't write a post without using the "f" word 

Err.....that's usually me.  Blush

RE: Raggett - dsmg - 21-01-2021

Anybody tell me how many games Raggers and Downing played together? Can’t have been more than a handful

RE: Raggett - slayer - 21-01-2021

Fuck off Rocketman ;-)  Heart

RE: Raggett - bluetagagain - 21-01-2021

Are you the internet police, Rocketman? Just asking for a fuck-upped friend

RE: Raggett - slayer - 21-01-2021

He's asking for me

RE: Raggett - DeepBlue - 21-01-2021

(21-01-2021, 07:07 AM)dsmg Wrote: Anybody tell me how many games Raggers and Downing played together? Can’t have been more than a handful

dmsg

Last season Downing & Raggett only played one league game together. 

It was the Coventry game though. 

But they played three micky mouse cups together as well , with one clean sheet and three wins.

RE: Raggett - Tomsk - 21-01-2021

I like to think I pride myself on my very skilled use of the f-word.

You unworthy fuck pigs

RE: Raggett - Northstander - 21-01-2021

(19-01-2021, 09:29 PM)Hammie Wrote: with the best GD, least losses etc. We should really be keeping every player that we can and just keep on keeping on.
Letting Downing and the like move on has freed up the one or two top ups required.

Looks like Downing's injury will prevent a loan move away from Fp

RE: Raggett - BilltheCat - 21-01-2021

(21-01-2021, 05:37 PM)Tomsk Wrote: You unworthy fuck pigs

Oooo.....I say!

RE: Raggett - dsmg - 21-01-2021

Thanks Deep