TrueBlueArmy Forums
Paul Cook sacked as Ipswich manager - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Paul Cook sacked as Ipswich manager (/showthread.php?tid=1262)

Paul Cook sacked as Ipswich manager - Tomsk - 04-12-2021

He gooooone...

Didn't see that coming. He'll rock up somewhere soon in Lg1 or Championship though I reckon.

RE: Paul Cook - essentialmix75 - 04-12-2021

Leam Richardson Number 2

Maybe he was the boss all along??

RE: Paul Cook - Hammie - 05-12-2021

Ipswich seem to have descended from one of the best run clubs to one that make the same mistakes as the rest now.

RE: Paul Cook - mikey393 - 05-12-2021

Do we want him back?

RE: Paul Cook - Hammie - 05-12-2021

I would have nothing against him.
Still don't think he fits the Eisner's model. Too northern, likes a beer.
All I really want is a a manager who will build the club from the youth team up and play our youngsters ahead of loanees if they are good enough. Cowley might or might be good enough, I'm still to be convinced either way.

Cook did seem to be better at bringing in players who we could grow and sell on, plus the experienced heads he signed were mot definitely worth their place. Not sure Kenny made the most of the money he had to spend.

RE: Paul Cook - Gerry Hatrick - 06-12-2021

(05-12-2021, 09:05 PM)Hammie Wrote: I would have nothing against him.
Still don't think he fits the Eisner's model. Too northern, likes a beer.
All I really want is a a manager who will build the club from the youth team up and play our youngsters ahead of loanees if they are good enough. Cowley might or might be good enough, I'm still to be convinced either way.

Cook did seem to be better at bringing in players who we could grow and sell on, plus the experienced heads he signed were mot definitely worth their place. Not sure Kenny made the most of the money he had to spend.

Cook? Or Richardson? I think his cover's been blown.

RE: Paul Cook - Pedalo_menders - 06-12-2021

Unfortunately I think Cookie has suffered a case of the 'Mourinio's'. Used to have an edge, then just ended up using the stick when things weren't going his way.

Gary Roberts was a fantastic player but he ain't no Richardson. Maybe Liam would have Cookie back at Wigan as his no. 2? Lol

RE: Paul Cook - exterminator - 06-12-2021

Gary Roberts & John Keeley(goalkeeper coach who was here) have also been given the "Old Tin Tack"

RE: Paul Cook - Lawrence - 06-12-2021

(04-12-2021, 10:03 PM)Tomsk Wrote: He gooooone...

Didn't see that coming. He'll rock up somewhere soon in Lg1 or Championship though I reckon

Cook is a bit like Steve cotterhill. They both think they invented football. Still, the two titles he won (one lucky, the other bought) will see him get another job at some over club that's beneath people like him.

I'll miss his strops with the Ipswich press when they lose. They were always highly amusing.

RE: Paul Cook - scouse - 06-12-2021

'Too northern, likes a beer.'

Guilty as charged.

RE: Paul Cook - Tomsk - 06-12-2021

Scouse, are you a Pompey fan or a Liverpool/Everton/Tranmere/ANOther fan?

RE: Paul Cook - scouse - 06-12-2021

I thought that was obvious. Liverpool born and raised but lived in Pompey for over thirty years now. North upper season ticket and ex-shareholder.

RE: Paul Cook - Hammie - 06-12-2021

(06-12-2021, 07:35 PM)scouse Wrote: I thought that was obvious. Liverpool born and raised but lived in Pompey for over thirty years now. North upper season ticket and ex-shareholder.

I've long thought Pompey is like a Northern town/city implanted on the South Coast. 
except everything costs twice as much.

RE: Paul Cook - bluetagagain - 07-12-2021

Roberts in charge of Ipswich for tonights game

RE: Paul Cook - exterminator - 07-12-2021

(07-12-2021, 07:55 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Roberts in charge of Ipswich for tonights game

Not according to the Beeb - as it says Roberts was given the "Old Tin Tack"

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59549048