TrueBlueArmy Forums
Postponed: Pompey v Oxford - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Postponed: Pompey v Oxford (/showthread.php?tid=1315)

Pages: 1 2

Postponed: Pompey v Oxford - Lawrence - 21-12-2021

Surely it's got to be off. It would be 7 days since Wimbledon was called off and they were probably tested a day or too before that so boxing day would still fall within the 10 day period.

Obviously this has nothing to do with the fact I can't make the game...

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - slayer - 21-12-2021

Pretty much nailed on to be off, most the squad are self-isolating https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/fratton-park-chief-andy-cullen-delivers-update-as-portsmouth-fear-oxford-encounter-on-boxing-day-could-be-off-3502309

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - Hammie - 21-12-2021

might be best if both pl and efl announced a winter break now, as a "circuit breaker"
Take 2 weeks off say from last Saturday then see if games can be rearranged around that.
Not ideal but it was never going to be.
At least then fans and clubs can arrange for travel and a break in training completely.

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - Cressers - 21-12-2021

Isn't consideration being given by the govt to reducing the self-isolation period from ten to seven days?
Yes, it's crazy thinking...

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - Pedalo_menders - 21-12-2021

I'd prefer them to try and play as many games as they can. If there are teams that can play, they should play.

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - TBP - 21-12-2021

(21-12-2021, 01:21 PM)Cressers Wrote: Isn't consideration being given by the govt to reducing the self-isolation period from ten to seven days?

Yes, it is crazy. Much better to scrap the self-isolation, as it's just flu.

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - exterminator - 21-12-2021

(21-12-2021, 02:34 PM)TBP Wrote:
(21-12-2021, 01:21 PM)Cressers Wrote: Isn't consideration being given by the govt to reducing the self-isolation period from ten to seven days?

Yes, it is crazy. Much better to scrap the self-isolation, as it's just flu.

I hope that was said tongue in cheek TBP - I tested positive by LFT on Sunday after a negative on Friday. PCR confirmed Covid 19  on Sunday,  gradually been feeling worse & worse since then.

As someone who is  CEV due to some underlying health problems  the great people from the NHS have been over me like a rash with texts, emails and phone calls. They  got me a pulse & oxygen monitor sent for monitoring and reporting 4 times a day  & are now sending me out some sort of anti viral  tablets via a taxi !!

All this for something that certainly isn't "just flu" - if it keeps me out of hospital that will be one of the my best Christmas's  ever !

So anyone out there who thinks the NHS are sitting on their backsides doing nothing, not trying to keep people healthy & out of hospital wind your necks in and listen to people who are experiencing this dreadful virus.

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - slayer - 21-12-2021

Moon reckons five of ours are self isolating

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - Hammie - 21-12-2021

The antiviral tablets are a supposed to be really helpful.
All the best Exterminator. It is certainly not one of our annual flu types at all.

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - Cressers - 21-12-2021

Get well quickly Exterm!

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - kindofblue - 21-12-2021

Oxford game postponed according to the website.

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - stayinupforever - 21-12-2021

There's a strong likelihood that other clubs we are due to meet in January will succumb to Covid causing more cancellations. This will inevitably lead to three games a week later in the season.

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - Hermann's_no_hermit - 21-12-2021

Sad to not have games over Christmas but was inevitable. Think all clubs will be in the same boat so need to make sure we get some quality additions to the squad to ensure we can cope with the fixture congestion in the New Year

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - Pedalo_menders - 21-12-2021

Glad you're in good hands Exterm. Impressive how the NHS are able to do these sorts of things now to prevent hospitalisations. 

Its not just the UK that is experiencing cancellations. The yanks have had to postpone entire sport leagues. All NHL and NFL games currently suspended. I saw a stat that a pathetic 61% are vaccinated over there. Blows my mind how many thickos they have to foster.

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - Hermann's_no_hermit - 22-12-2021

(21-12-2021, 11:26 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Glad you're in good hands Exterm. Impressive how the NHS are able to do these sorts of things now to prevent hospitalisations. 

Its not just the UK that is experiencing cancellations. The yanks have had to postpone entire sport leagues. All NHL and NFL games currently suspended. I saw a stat that a pathetic 61% are vaccinated over there. Blows my mind how many thickos they have to foster.

Careful Pedalo you will have Ess Mix and the other rabid Anti Vaxers replying 25 times with ever more outlandish gibberish to that statement

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - teeftwo - 22-12-2021

Full statement from e-mail this morning

The EFL have confirmed that Pompey’s League One match against Oxford on Boxing Day has been postponed. The club will update supporters who have purchased tickets for this fixture in due course.

EFL Statement

Portsmouth’s Sky Bet League One fixture versus Oxford United on Sunday, December 26 has been postponed.

Portsmouth informed the EFL that it would be unable to fulfil the fixture at Fratton Park due to a number of positive Covid-19 cases in their squad.

In light of the increased transmission rate of the Omicron variant, the EFL will now review the circumstances surrounding the postponement.

In addition, it will assist affected clubs throughout this challenging period to help them mitigate against the risk of infection amongst players and staff while ensuring their obligations to the EFL regulations are maintained.

A rearranged date for the fixture will be confirmed in due course.

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - Rick Pumpkin - 22-12-2021

(21-12-2021, 03:14 PM)exterminator Wrote: I hope that was said tongue in cheek TBP - I tested positive by LFT on Sunday after a negative on Friday. PCR confirmed Covid 19  on Sunday,  gradually been feeling worse & worse since then.

As someone who is  CEV due to some underlying health problems  the great people from the NHS have been over me like a rash with texts, emails and phone calls. They  got me a pulse & oxygen monitor sent for monitoring and reporting 4 times a day  & are now sending me out some sort of anti viral  tablets via a taxi !!

All this for something that certainly isn't "just flu" - if it keeps me out of hospital that will be one of the my best Christmas's  ever !

So anyone out there who thinks the NHS are sitting on their backsides doing nothing, not trying to keep people healthy & out of hospital wind your necks in and listen to people who are experiencing this dreadful virus.

Sorry to hear that Exterm.  My daughter and son-in-law are both down with it as well and it's no picnic, that's for certain.

Keep taking the tablets and fingers crossed you're back up and running soon, moosh.

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - TBP - 22-12-2021

Exterm. You know as well as I do that it was not tongue in cheek. I have had it myself and can confirm that it is just a touch of flu. Of course, it is unfortunate that you respond badly to a touch of flu. (presumably you would respond equally badly to any other kind of flu) but it doesn't stop it being a touch of flu and certainly doesn't justify putting the whole country into lockdown. Equally, I do wish you well in your recovery.

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - DeepBlue - 22-12-2021

(22-12-2021, 02:39 PM)TBP Wrote: Exterm. You know as well as I do that it was not tongue in cheek. I have had it myself and can confirm that it is just a touch of flu. Of course, it is unfortunate that you respond badly to a touch of flu. (presumably you would respond equally badly to any other kind of flu) but it doesn't stop it being a touch of flu and certainly doesn't justify putting the whole country into lockdown. Equally, I do wish you well in your recovery.

and the insenstive I was all right so sod you post of the year award goes to ....

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - kindofblue - 22-12-2021

Best wishes exterminator. The damn thing obviously affects different people differently and there’s obviously a lot still to learn about why this is. I’m pretty ancient, have an underlying condition and take a regular immunosuppressant. I also haven’t been particularly careful and ignored the advice that I should stay inside for about three months last year, yet so far have luckily escaped. Others have scrupulously isolated and yet been hospitalised. A doctor mate tells me that each time the pesky bugger mutates it’ll be weaker and that successful viruses don’t kill their hosts. I’m taking that into the new year to keep me chipper.

RE: Postponed: Pompey v Oxford - Cressers - 22-12-2021

Reading the EFL statement, I wonder what they mean by having an examination of the circumstances regarding the postponement. Are they out to try and punish the club for events beyond its' control?

RE: Postponed: Pompey v Oxford - BilltheCat - 22-12-2021

It's already happening.

RE: Postponed: Pompey v Oxford - teeftwo - 23-12-2021

(22-12-2021, 06:52 PM)Cressers Wrote: Reading the EFL statement, I wonder what they mean by having an examination of the circumstances regarding the postponement. Are they out to try and punish the club for events beyond its' control?

I don't think so. I expect it's just a standard response issued to all clubs.

RE: Will the Oxford game be cancelled? - Cleaver Greene - 24-12-2021

(22-12-2021, 02:39 PM)TBP Wrote: Exterm. You know as well as I do that it was not tongue in cheek. I have had it myself and can confirm that it is just a touch of flu. Of course, it is unfortunate that you respond badly to a touch of flu. (presumably you would respond equally badly to any other kind of flu) but it doesn't stop it being a touch of flu and certainly doesn't justify putting the whole country into lockdown. Equally, I do wish you well in your recovery.

Try telling the families of the 171,801 people who have died since the pandemic started that its "just a touch of Flu"
It's people like you, who because they think that they are OK, think they can wander around without masks on spreading Covid to others who may be vulnerable.
This has to be the most ridiculous post I have seen on this football forum.

RE: Postponed: Pompey v Oxford - bluetagagain - 29-12-2021

792 reported Covid deaths over the holiday period in Poland. 3/4 of those deaths were unvaccinated. Damn those weird mind controlling scientists and their poisonous vaccines.