TrueBlueArmy Forums
Evening - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Evening (/showthread.php?tid=1336)

Evening - 77TIhkal - 29-12-2021

Been a while. Hope y’all good. No football since Morcambe is dull. I

RE: Evening - exgaffer - 29-12-2021

(29-12-2021, 01:43 AM)77TIhkal Wrote: Been a while. Hope y’all good. No football since Morcambe is dull. I

Hello mush, nice to hear from you.

You OK? You tailed off a bit there  Smile .

RE: Evening - Hammie - 30-12-2021

i guess this is what a mid season break would feel like

RE: Evening - RavoPFC - 30-12-2021

To be honest I'd be okay with a short break from Christmas to after New Years. I know it's tradition and blah blah blah but it's always seemed strange to me that the busiest time of the football calendar is now. Boxing day and NYD matches vex me the most as there's hardly any trains if it's an away match, or indeed a home match and you don't live walking distance from FP.

Literally a short 10 day/2 week break from the last match before the 25th up to the first weekend of the new year wouldn't hurt anyone. I love watching football as much as anyone but it's FFS we can go a few days without it. Also I'm of the firm opinion that players and staff deserve a little bit of time off to spend with their families. Keep them in training if you will to maintain fitness but no matches.

Anyway the Tequila is calling. A late merry Christmas to you all and have a great New Year.

RE: Evening - exgaffer - 30-12-2021

(30-12-2021, 06:23 PM)RavoPFC Wrote: To be honest I'd be okay with a short break from Christmas to after New Years. I know it's tradition and blah blah blah but it's always seemed strange to me that the busiest time of the football calendar is now. Boxing day and NYD matches vex me the most as there's hardly any trains if it's an away match, or indeed a home match and you don't live walking distance from FP.

Literally a short 10 day/2 week break from the last match before the 25th up to the first weekend of the new year wouldn't hurt anyone. I love watching football as much as anyone but it's FFS we can go a few days without it. Also I'm of the firm opinion that players and staff deserve a little bit of time off to spend with their families. Keep them in training if you will to maintain fitness but no matches.

Anyway the Tequila is calling. A late merry Christmas to you all and have a great New Year.

I agree Rav, it does get a bit farcical at this time of year.

Happy New Year to you mush.

RE: Evening - slayer - 30-12-2021

I'm with you Rav. Fuck football off during Xmas, it gets in the way. Start a new tradition of a winter break, not just for the players, but for us!

RE: Evening - Hammie - 31-12-2021

I would have been well against a break a few years ago. Odd, now I think I agree with you. Maybe even take a break and make it coincide with the transfer window, get it all done then back to work. Might mean players carrying knocks could get properly fit and avoid bigger problems too.

RE: Evening - bluetagagain - 31-12-2021

Welcome back Tikhal. Happy New Year