TrueBlueArmy Forums
Team Today - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Team Today (/showthread.php?tid=1352)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Team Today - Wightblue - 03-01-2022

Even with an extra man Pompey won’t commit men forward when in possession, so timid, so negative, so slow, so predictable.

Jacobs has produced the odd flicker of class but no more…..but that’s a hell of a lot more than the rest of his team mates.

RE: Team Today - ForeverPompey - 03-01-2022

I accept after a long lay off and players ill or isolating it will be rusty but this sounds like garbage.

RE: Team Today - Pedalo_menders - 03-01-2022

Not quite garbage but certainly disappointing. Lacking quality up top. Williams too slow. Same problems that aren't going away without some new faces coming in.

Big January window ahead.

RE: Team Today - Jizbag - 03-01-2022

Did you see it? I watched the whole game and we were absolutely crap. Too slow too cautious, dreadful passing by Morell.
Finally puts on Marquis but takes the other striker off.

FVuck off Cowleys.

RE: Team Today - mikey393 - 03-01-2022

Stats say it all 67% Possession 2 Shots on target agaist 10 men.

Clearly Unacceptable.

Yeh. There were some wobbly performances in there. Curtis particularly wasteful. No composure whatsoever. Marquis is shot. DC did keep 2 strikers on as Curtis was supposed to be up top with Hirst.

Agreed we were far too slow in the buildup. I think DC wants them to win the ball higher up the pitch and hasn't really got a plan to get the ball forward better when we win it in our own half.

RE: Team Today - Jizbag - 03-01-2022

No-one can cross a ball, not one decent cross the entire game. Wtf do they do in training other than come up with utter shit corner routines.

RE: Team Today - Hammie - 03-01-2022

To me.
This is not a promotion team. So get safe from relegation.
Then send any loans back that we are not going to sign permanently
Then develop next year's team.
Prioritising any and all of our own youngsters who we are hoping to make the grade.

RE: Team Today - Bluebob - 03-01-2022

That was totally unacceptable. No strikers, Harness and Curtis absolute garbage. No flair from midfield no creativity none what’s so ever. Set pieces we were dreadful what does Cowley do in training cos it certainly isn’t set pieces. We are so far behind the likes of Rotherham Wigan Sunderland and Oxford.  Angry

(03-01-2022, 05:52 PM)Bluebob Wrote: That was totally unacceptable. No strikers, Harness and Curtis absolute garbage. No flair from midfield no creativity none what’s so ever. Set pieces we were dreadful what does Cowley do in training cos it certainly isn’t set pieces. We are so far behind the likes of Rotherham Wigan Sunderland and Oxford.  Angry

After that terrible performance play the same team against Exeter on Friday night. They obviously are do far off the pace it's untrue. Use the subs much earlier. Give both Marquis & Harrison at least 30 minutes & hope some scout sees something in at least one of them!

RE: Team Today - Lawrence - 03-01-2022

(03-01-2022, 05:58 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 05:52 PM)Bluebob Wrote: That was totally unacceptable. No strikers, Harness and Curtis absolute garbage. No flair from midfield no creativity none what’s so ever. Set pieces we were dreadful what does Cowley do in training cos it certainly isn’t set pieces. We are so far behind the likes of Rotherham Wigan Sunderland and Oxford.  Angry

The whole team looked like they didn't give a feck. Yet again they cannot cross a ball. None of them think of shooting and they all need the opposition to set up the opportunities for us to actually score.

Apart from the rain affected Sunderland game we have failed to outplay a single team this season.

Never thought we were anything but a bang average L1 team but sometimes I forget just how crap we really are.

DC is reported as being after a winger. Can't remember the name but can cross a ball! Let's play 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 & be positive for once!

RE: Team Today - Bluebob - 03-01-2022

What makes me laugh Curtis thinks he should be playing in the championship and Blackburn want Harness  Big Grin

RE: Team Today - Rick Pumpkin - 03-01-2022

First game I've managed to get to in the last couple of months and much as I agree about us being very poor, let's not take too much credit away from Cambridge who made it very difficult for us.

Harry Kane could have worn a Pompey shirt today and wouldn't have come close to scoring, we really were unimaginitative and dull when in possession and it seems that everyone is afraid to take a risk. And Danny, please move Curtis back to his natural position on the left. Seriously, if he's a forward then I'm a world champion pole dancer.

It wasn't fun to watch but it was a point against a team that've pulled out a couple of decent results recently against teams above them and coming after a break of three weeks with zero games.

RE: Team Today - Rick Pumpkin - 03-01-2022

(03-01-2022, 06:17 PM)Bluebob Wrote: What makes me laugh Curtis thinks he should be playing in the championship and Blackburn want Harness  Big Grin

Yeah, I think it's more likely Harness's agent saying Blackburn want him.

RE: Team Today - exgaffer - 03-01-2022

This was totally predictable, ring rust and some players who know they will probably be off soon.

We need to get the trading done asap and give the team some certainty.

I thought we’d lose having not played for ages, so a draw isn’t so bad imo.

RE: Team Today - Rocketman - 03-01-2022

Ex-G, sensible post considering all the glass-half-empty postings on here. We've been very badly hit by covid, sickness before that, and still have at least 2 if not 3 first-team out, so what do people expect (I'm ignoring comments of the feral kid (?) who can't post without expletives). What was disappointing was 11 corners without threat, so that needs sorting. We clearly need two new strikers, and a CB if Robertson isn't going to make it back totally fit for the rest of the season. Must play first 11 on Friday to get more things sorted, but there's still half the season to go. HNY everyone (even feral).

RE: Team Today - Wightblue - 03-01-2022

Poor stuff from Pompey with a shocking lack of creativity very evident.

Cambridge are 17th, playing with 10 men and yet we can’t create a single clear cut chance, just one moment of class required but where’s it coming from ?

The Window will need to be propitious if we are to make the playoffs

The way I see it is that we are gradually improving. We are relatively solidat the back and the football is marginally better than Jackettball.

This is a season of change and flirting with the playoffs is more than I expected going into the season. If we continue on the same trajectory, we should have a decent season next year. It could be a fun end to the season IF we have a good Jan. Its a big if though.

RE: Team Today - Jizbag - 04-01-2022

(03-01-2022, 07:43 PM)Rocketman Wrote: Ex-G, sensible post considering all the glass-half-empty postings on here. We've been very badly hit by covid, sickness before that, and still have at least 2 if not 3 first-team out, so what do people expect (I'm ignoring comments of the feral kid (?) who can't post without expletives). What was disappointing was 11 corners without threat, so that needs sorting. We clearly need two new strikers, and a CB if Robertson isn't going to make it back totally fit for the rest of the season. Must play first 11 on Friday to get more things sorted, but there's still half the season to go. HNY everyone (even feral).

Am I the ferral kid?? Ooh how fecking cool is that??  Big Grin Big Grin

And I expect to beat a Cambridge side lower than us in the table who played with 10 men for the last half an hour, in fact I expect to create some chances too.. We did neither. We were dire. And Cambridge hadn't played for weeks either but were more threatening than we were.

RE: Team Today - Hammie - 04-01-2022

We've gone from shipping goals for fun and collapsing as soon as went a goal behind to being very solid.
Which is good.
Next step is to start making the most of our pretty decent attacking players (for this level Harness and Curtis are quite good enough for a play off team)
Not sure why we are so slow going forward as that is most certainly not the way Cowley wants his teams to play.

RE: Team Today - Lawrence - 04-01-2022

(03-01-2022, 11:59 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: The way I see it is that we are gradually improving. We are relatively solidat the back and the football is marginally better than Jackettball.

This is a season of change and flirting with the playoffs is more than I expected going into the season. If we continue on the same trajectory, we should have a decent season next year. It could be a fun end to the season IF we have a good Jan. Its a big if though.

If there's an improvement then it is fecking slow! That team can't pass or cross the ball since day 1 and nothing changes. Yesterday reminded me of the Accrington game last season - no passion or pride on the pitch up against opposition players that do.

And next season we're up against Ipswich, Wednesday, Derby and (hopefully) Sunderland. You still think our owners have the ambition in them?

RE: Team Today - Hammie - 04-01-2022

(04-01-2022, 10:19 AM)Lawrence Wrote:
(03-01-2022, 11:59 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: The way I see it is that we are gradually improving. We are relatively solidat the back and the football is marginally better than Jackettball.

If there's an improvement then it is fecking slow! That team can't pass or cross the ball since day 1 and nothing changes. Yesterday reminded me of the Accrington game last season - no passion or pride on the pitch up against opposition players that do.

And next season we're up against Ipswich, Wednesday, Derby and (hopefully) Sunderland. You still think our owners have the ambition in them?

they could spend 10million or so on the squad but let the ground be closed bit by bit by H&S and sell ROKO off to help buy a big name or two too. 

Who ever owns the club right now they have to sort out the infrastructure that had been left to rot for decades.

RE: Team Today - Wightblue - 05-01-2022

FYI £10 million is less than 0.03% of Eisner current wealth according to The LA Business  Journal !

He is probably invested with Goldmans or their like in which case they will be making him a long, long way North of 3% p.a. return on his assets so 0.03% is a veritable drop in the ocean.

OK, I understand that he is doing exactly what he promised ie own the club but let the punters and sponsors provide the revenue stream to run it but is that the limit of his ambition ?

Where’s the excitement, the fun, the entertainment that being a Pompey supporter used to provide ?

He gets his kicks from piling up the $$$$$$$$$$$$ I guess.

I well realise that the vast majority on the Board seem to be happy (some very happy) with the way things are being run and that I am just part of a small, discordant minority.

I remain dismayed that Pompey seem to be in some sort of extended limbo whilst our three South Coast neighbours at least have ambitions, not that those ambitions will necessarily be fulfilled but they do seem to be trying to achieve better.