TrueBlueArmy Forums
Team Today - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Team Today (/showthread.php?tid=1352)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Team Today - Rick Pumpkin - 05-01-2022

(05-01-2022, 01:10 PM)Wightblue Wrote: FYI £10 million is less than 0.03% of Eisner current wealth according to The LA Business  Journal !

He is probably invested with Goldmans or their like in which case they will be making him a long, long way North of 3% p.a. return on his assets so 0.03% is a veritable drop in the ocean.

OK, I understand that he is doing exactly what he promised ie own the club but let the punters and sponsors provide the revenue stream to run it but is that the limit of his ambition ?

Where’s the excitement, the fun, the entertainment that being a Pompey supporter used to provide ?

He gets his kicks from piling up the $$$$$$$$$$$$ I guess.

I well realise that the vast majority on the Board seem to be happy (some very happy) with the way things are being run and that I am just part of a small, discordant minority.

I remain dismayed that Pompey seem to be in some sort of extended limbo whilst our three South Coast neighbours at least have ambitions, not that those ambitions will necessarily be fulfilled but they do seem to be trying to achieve better.

WB, you worked in the US and spend the best part of half your life out there, so I know you understand how they like to do business.  Bearing that in mind are you really that surprised Pompey is being run the way it is?  I'm not.

RE: Team Today - Hammie - 05-01-2022

i think the key word is doing business.
Which is how they are running the club.

RE: Team Today - Rick Pumpkin - 05-01-2022

(05-01-2022, 01:24 PM)Hammie Wrote: i think the key word is doing business.
Which is how they are running the club.

Absolutely.  It's all about the $.

RE: Team Today - Wightblue - 05-01-2022

3 pretty successful football teams are owned by US entities:
Liverpool (Fenway), Man U (Glazer family) and Arsenal (Kroenke S&E)

Fenway have owned the Boston Red Sox since 2021, The Glazers have owned the Tampa Bay Buccaneers since 1995 and Kroenke owns the LA Rams, Denver Nuggets, Colorado Avalanche and The Rapids.

Fenway, Glazers and Kroenke run their sports divisions as profitable businesses (very profitable) and know how and when to invest, when to make changes and that success has to be earned. They employ local managements who are expected to perform to expectations or face the bullet, their ‘Soccer’ managers are an example. 
Before they bought into UK football, they already knew from first hand experience that in Sport, as in Business, if you stand still or don’t invest appropriately, the competition will usurp your position pdq.

Michael Eisner is simply ‘learning on the job’ and is too physically and emotionally distant to get up to speed, he also didn’t get rich investing on his own account, he was  simply an employee of Disney (where he clearly did a good job) but that was no grounding for running an EFL club.

RE: Team Today - BilltheCat - 05-01-2022

(05-01-2022, 05:15 PM)Wightblue Wrote: too physically and emotionally distant to get up to speed

I doubt he even knows what day of the week it is!

RE: Team Today - mikey393 - 07-01-2022

(05-01-2022, 01:10 PM)Wightblue Wrote: FYI £10 million is less than 0.03% of Eisner current wealth according to The LA Business  Journal !

He is probably invested with Goldmans or their like in which case they will be making him a long, long way North of 3% p.a. return on his assets so 0.03% is a veritable drop in the ocean.

OK, I understand that he is doing exactly what he promised ie own the club but let the punters and sponsors provide the revenue stream to run it but is that the limit of his ambition ?

Where’s the excitement, the fun, the entertainment that being a Pompey supporter used to provide ?

He gets his kicks from piling up the $$$$$$$$$$$$ I guess.

I well realise that the vast majority on the Board seem to be happy (some very happy) with the way things are being run and that I am just part of a small, discordant minority.

I remain dismayed that Pompey seem to be in some sort of extended limbo whilst our three South Coast neighbours at least have ambitions, not that those ambitions will necessarily be fulfilled but they do seem to be trying to achieve better.
If we aren't playing attractive football the punters won't line the coffers any longer. 
Sponsors - I'd love to know what UOP are paying per season but wager it's peanuts.
There go the revenue streams very fast & need attention now not in a years time!