TrueBlueArmy Forums
What yesterday's game told us - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: What yesterday's game told us (/showthread.php?tid=1354)

What yesterday's game told us - DeepBlue - 04-01-2022

1. Hackett is not good enough as wing-back to play three at the back.  Not sure it's really Brown's game either, so if we are going to play that formation we need to sign a left wing back (Guinness-Walker ?) 

2. Hirst may be better than we first thought, but he is not enough of a goal threat. I'd keep him for the rest of the season as a sub but we desperately need a new centre forward (Kyle Wootton?) 

3. Ogilvie is  plenty good enough as a centre back, and if Robertrson is back fit we don't necessarily need a 'first team' centre back, so maybe just a young loanee to replace Downing if he goes (or even if he stays). 

4. If we're siging anyone expensively from Millwall it needs to be Romeo.

RE: What yesterday's game told us - ForeverPompey - 04-01-2022

Agree with the above. I would add I'm far from convinced Reeco is good enough at all in any formation but that may be harsh. He still has time on his side.

RE: What yesterday's game told us - Hammie - 04-01-2022

Agree with all of those.
push the boat out for a striker who can head the ball, hopefully with a little pace.
other than that do we need to pay January prices for any other position?

RE: What yesterday's game told us - Deebo - 04-01-2022

And work on the crossing. It was so bad it was embarrassing.

RE: What yesterday's game told us - Rick Pumpkin - 04-01-2022

Agree with all of it as well as FP's Hackett viewpoint.

Also, Harness is a very lucky boy getting away with kneeling on that guys neck. If it'd happened outside a football ground there'd be protests and court cases.

RE: What yesterday's game told us - bluetagagain - 04-01-2022

With Robertson due back, a back three of ogilvie, Raggs and Robbo should be good enough but we do need another CB to replace Downing. Restore Freeman to his proper WB role instead of RHF and get in a goalscorer we should be fine.

RE: What yesterday's game told us - DeepBlue - 04-01-2022

(04-01-2022, 12:41 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: With Robertson due back, a back three of ogilvie, Raggs and Robbo should be good enough but we do need another CB to replace Downing. Restore Freeman to his proper WB role instead of RHF and get in a goalscorer we should be fine.

Romeo has to be a better wing back than Freeman surely ? But at least Freeman has played there before so is good cover if needed.

RE: What yesterday's game told us - Deebo - 04-01-2022

I thought Romeo was excellent first half and put the rest to shame for ability and effort until he faded like the rest second half and was lucky not to be sent off for a second yellow with that wild challenge later on. Good player.

RE: What yesterday's game told us - bluetagagain - 04-01-2022

I appreciate Romeo & freeman are both right wing backs but surely one of them could play on the left other than Brown? Also it would be good if Romeo got his old man to do a gig at FP to raise some funds.

RE: What yesterday's game told us - Rescue Dog - 04-01-2022

(04-01-2022, 02:14 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: I appreciate Romeo & freeman are both right wing backs but surely one of them could play on the left other than Brown? Also it would be good if Romeo got his old man to do a gig at FP to raise some funds.

Big Grin That would be fun. Dad and the band are at the Guildhall on Sat, Feb 19th.