TrueBlueArmy Forums
Today's game - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Today's game (/showthread.php?tid=143)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Today's game - Gerry Hatrick - 24-01-2021

On the whole I like Kenny Jackett's calm, detached approach to management but just once I would like him to admit he got things badly wrong.
Not going with Jacobs, who had arguably his best performance on Tuesday, was a mistake. He says Curtis looked sharp in training. Pity he can't reproduce this where it matters.
The half-time subs were approaching the bizarreness of his  Naylor decision in the play-offs but he says he wanted to 'inject more energy' into midfield. So he takes our two highest tempo midfielders off. 
A bad football day in all with Scummers - who I think could go all the way in the FA Cup this season - winning and a spanking for us from one of our rivals. 
I think KJ over-thinks things sometimes but the good news is that we not even half-way through the season yet. A lot of points to play for...starting on Tuesday we need to show yesterday was just a blip and cut that lead to the top two.

RE: Today's game - exterminator - 24-01-2021

I decided to give ifollow a miss yesterday as I could sense a p!ss poor performance coming up - I've been watching PFC for over 50 yrs and it is one if our traits !!

Saw the highlights on Quest, at least two errors by Raggett, who gives away too many free kicks in dangerous areas.

KJ looked absolutely shell-shocked in the interview after the game.

RE: Today's game - Wightblue - 24-01-2021

A bit of perspective ( I’ve already posted on our embarrassing performance).

On 25th October 2019 - a great day for Pompey fans- the Scummers lost 9-0 at home to Leicester, cue dancing in the streets of Portsmouth.

They haven’t done so badly since then and there is every opportunity for The Blues to quickly recover from Saturday’s debacle.

The significant difference between us and the mob up the road may be they have Ralph Hassenhuttl.....and we have Jackett !

RE: Today's game - The Realist - 24-01-2021

If Burgess had a shocker, scored two own goals and shown no leadership we would have crucified him on this forum.  Instead of calling a really poor display by jack his fan club continue to focus on Raggett.  Bottom line is that it was a dreadful display by the whole team compounded by poor tactics and substitutions.

RE: Today's game - bluetagagain - 24-01-2021

Looks like the new guy from Swansea could see us going back to 4231 or 4141 as he appears to be a 'No 10' if he is and it works then fine.
I think Harness and Curtis both need a break as Harness has been off since November and Curtis doesn't seem to handle big/high pressure games.
Team for Lincoln ???:
McG
Johnson,Raggett,Whats, Daniels
Naylor
Williams,Cannon,Byers, Jacobs
Marquis

Turnbull, Brown,White,Curtis,Harness, Hiwula, Harrison