TrueBlueArmy Forums
FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Politics and Brexit (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 (/showthread.php?tid=1435)

Pages: 1 2

FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - essentialmix75 - 24-01-2022

New UK data out showing 6,148 deaths (4%) of the 154k total Covid19 deaths had only Covid19 on death certificate.

https://twitter.com/Adam_Creighton/status/1485655276254543886?cxt=HHwWnICy_cbmjZ4pAAAA

COVID-19 deaths and autopsies Feb 2020 to Dec 2021.

FOI Ref: FOI/2021/3368
You asked
Please supply deaths caused solely by covid 19, where covid is the only cause of death listed on the death certificate, broken down by age group and gender between feb 2020 up to and including dec 2021.
Please supply the number of autopsies carried out on those where covid was the only cause stated.
We said
Thank you for your enquiry.
We have provided analysis on COVID-19 as the only cause of death by age and sex in England and Wales for your requested time period.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/covid19deathsandautopsiesfeb2020todec2021

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - DeepBlue - 24-01-2022

(24-01-2022, 06:39 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: New UK data out showing 6,148 deaths (4%) of the 154k total Covid19 deaths had only Covid19 on death certificate.

https://twitter.com/Adam_Creighton/status/1485655276254543886?cxt=HHwWnICy_cbmjZ4pAAAA

You asked
Please supply deaths caused solely by covid 19, where covid is the only cause of death listed on the death certificate, broken down by age group and gender between feb 2020 up to and including dec 2021.
Please supply the number of autopsies carried out on those where covid was the only cause stated.
We said
We have provided analysis on COVID-19 as the only cause of death by age and sex in England and Wales for your requested time period.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/covid19deathsandautopsiesfeb2020todec2021

You are aware that only about 5% of death certificates ever have only one cause of death on them ?  Doctors have to record all contributing factors.

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - Hermann's_no_hermit - 24-01-2022

(24-01-2022, 07:07 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(24-01-2022, 06:39 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote: New UK data out showing 6,148 deaths (4%) of the 154k total Covid19 deaths had only Covid19 on death certificate.

You asked
We said

You are aware that only about 5% of death certificates ever have only one cause of death on them ?  Doctors have to record all contributing factors.
He probably is aware but that fact doesn't suit his agenda. Or should I say FACT as apparently that is the only way to write the word.

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - scouse - 24-01-2022

Most people would have some underlying condition or comorbidity. That doesn't mean they were going to die of it any time soon. And the fact that six thousand didn't have anything else shows that this stuff is quite dangerous I reckon.

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - essentialmix75 - 24-01-2022

You asked
We said

"You are aware that only about 5% of death certificates ever have only one cause of death"

Show me that DATA..

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - teeftwo - 25-01-2022

My wife died of Ovarian Cancer but you won't see that as the single cause of death, instead it's that and an extensive list of organ failures.

Doctors are expected to list what is, to the best of their knowledge, the contributing factors that caused death. It's important you understand that Pick 'n Mix. You seem to think there is forensic pathologist who inspects every corpse and determines exactly what occurred.

So yes, if a patient is in hospital with covid 19 and dies, that will be on the list, as will any other underlying condition.

So bad "bro" science on your part.

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - dsmg - 25-01-2022

My mum died of cancer but pneumonia was also on the death certificate as she had no defences left.

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - brian bromley - 25-01-2022

This thread shows the danger from cherry picking data and ignoring reality.

Yes people died due to lack of treatment BUT that ignores the effect of the lockdowns. Without them the NHS would have been overwhelmed and as a result the 3000 plus deaths a day last year would have at least continued and probably been far greater. Other treatments would still not have been possible, Flu deaths that were non existent but would have reached  it's normal levels or more due to people mixing as per normal.

You can't bake a cake without breaking eggs.

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - Tufnell_Chimes - 25-01-2022

(25-01-2022, 11:59 AM)brian bromley Wrote: You can't bake a cake without breaking eggs.

Oh yes you can.

The analogy your looking for is omelettes. You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - brian bromley - 25-01-2022

You are pathetic.

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - Tufnell_Chimes - 25-01-2022

(25-01-2022, 07:02 PM)brian bromley Wrote: You are pathetic.

Oeuf! I guess some people just don't like to be reminded of their egg-ignorance Confused

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - dsmg - 25-01-2022

You're walking on eggshells there.

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - Bluestow - 25-01-2022

(25-01-2022, 07:02 PM)brian bromley Wrote: You are pathetic.

He's only yolking

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - exgaffer - 25-01-2022

(25-01-2022, 11:59 AM)brian bromley Wrote: This thread shows the danger from cherry picking data and ignoring reality.

Yes people died due to lack of treatment BUT that ignores the effect of the lockdowns. Without them the NHS would have been overwhelmed and as a result the 3000 plus deaths a day last year would have at least continued and probably been far greater. Other treatments would still not have been possible, Flu deaths that were non existent but would have reached  it's normal levels or more due to people mixing as per normal.

You can't bake a cake without breaking eggs.

The lockdowns did nothing but impoverish the country and history will show that to be the case. They were by far the most disastrous peace time policy ever to be inflicted on the country.

The vast majority of deaths were in the elderly and CEV groups, THEY should have been shielded and the rest of the population should have carried on as normal.

The NHS is always overwhelmed in winter by respiratory diseases, that is down to piss poor planning, nothing more, nothing less.

Flu wasn’t being tested for, so how could you possibly know how many died of it ffs?

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - Jizbag - 26-01-2022

Lockdowns were and are abhorrent and should never be revisited.

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - bluetagagain - 26-01-2022

I think piss poor planning isn’t the reason for the NHS being overwhelmed. It’s a lack of nurses and doctors, poor wages for nurses, long hours, poor conditions and successive governments selling it off to the highest bidder. I’m sure like every organisation piss poor planning had a part to play but in this case it’s far from being the main reasons

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - exgaffer - 26-01-2022

(26-01-2022, 09:34 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: I think piss poor planning isn’t the reason for the NHS being overwhelmed. It’s a lack of nurses and doctors, poor wages for nurses, long hours, poor conditions and successive governments selling it off to the highest bidder. I’m sure like every organisation piss poor planning had a part to play but in this case it’s far from being the main reasons

It’s top heavy mush and the planning should be done by the grossly inefficient management structure, not the doctors and nurses.

The fact is that the NHS is not very good as an organisation (no criticism of the front line staff is intended).

We need a German style health service which is much more efficient and has much better outcomes. We need to get away from this false belief that the NHS is immune from criticism. 

Any other organisation that had a crisis of its own making every winter (which is wholly predictable and preventable) would see a complete reorganisation and all its upper management sacked. 

Trouble is, it has become a sacred cow.

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - bluetagagain - 26-01-2022

I think a lot of the problem is a lack of government backing given to senior nhs management. I believe the old NHS should’ve been a sacred cow and shame on successive governments for running it down and selling it off.
I fear a new system of NHS basic treatment for the less well off will be the norm and we’ll have to contribute to anything else.

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - bluebollox - 26-01-2022

(24-01-2022, 08:05 PM)essentialmix75 Wrote:

You asked
We said

"You are aware that only about 5% of death certificates ever have only one cause of death"

Show me that DATA..

How about you show us the Data that states you are trained as a Dr so you can tell someone on here that the jab made them ill. You cheeky twat. Smile

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - Cunninglinguist - 27-01-2022

You keep touting the German health system, Gaff (Not as good as the French, of course). The Germans haven’t exactly cruised through COVID either.
As for the elderly and the vulnerable……….that’s an ever increasing list!

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - exgaffer - 27-01-2022

(27-01-2022, 07:33 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: You keep touting the German health system, Gaff (Not as good as the French, of course). The Germans haven’t exactly cruised through COVID either.
As for the elderly and the vulnerable……….that’s an ever increasing list!

A lot of countries haven’t done well with COVID but that is due to ridiculous political decisions.

As for the French system being better, that’s a debatable point.

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - Cunninglinguist - 28-01-2022

A while ago, I rang for an appointment with my doctor in the morning. I saw him at 11.45 and told him about the chest discomfort I was experiencing. He rang my local radio clinic and made an appointment for 2.30. He also sent me for a blood test (2 pm). I had the blood test and went for my X-ray. Before I could finish getting dressed afterwards, the radiologist/doctor was waiting outside my cubicle door with the news that there was no problem with my lungs. Blood test results were online next day.

If you know of a better service than that, please tell me.

Turns out I had developed an allergy to dust.

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - exgaffer - 28-01-2022

(28-01-2022, 08:22 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: A while ago, I rang for an appointment with my doctor in the morning. I saw him at 11.45 and told him about the chest discomfort I was experiencing. He rang my local radio clinic and made an appointment for 2.30. He also sent me for a blood test (2 pm). I had the blood test and went for my X-ray. Before I could finish getting dressed afterwards, the radiologist/doctor was waiting outside my cubicle door with the news that there was no problem with my lungs. Blood test results were online next day.

That is good service Cunning, but just because you had such a good experience doesn’t mean that all users are as satisfied.

I had a similar experience to that in the US but that wouldn’t prove that the US system is the best would it?

Suffice it to say, the NHS is a very long way from such lofty standards and the problems will not be solved by chucking money at it. A root and branch reform is called for.

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - Cunninglinguist - 28-01-2022

I don’t hear any of the French complaining.

Dentistry, now that’s another thing. Getting a sight test is bloody murder too. Up to six months for either of those.

RE: FOI Deaths caused solely by covid 19 - Bluestow - 28-01-2022

(28-01-2022, 10:06 AM)exgaffer Wrote:
(28-01-2022, 08:22 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: A while ago, I rang for an appointment with my doctor in the morning. I saw him at 11.45 and told him about the chest discomfort I was experiencing. He rang my local radio clinic and made an appointment for 2.30. He also sent me for a blood test (2 pm). I had the blood test and went for my X-ray. Before I could finish getting dressed afterwards, the radiologist/doctor was waiting outside my cubicle door with the news that there was no problem with my lungs. Blood test results were online next day.

That is good service Cunning, but just because you had such a good experience doesn’t mean that all users are as satisfied.

I had a similar experience to that in the US but that wouldn’t prove that the US system is the best would it?

Suffice it to say, the NHS is a very long way from such lofty standards and the problems will not be solved by chucking money at it. A root and branch reform is called for.
We spend far less per capita on health than other countries such as France and Germany. The old clichés about too many managers in the NHS isn't true either. Of course, systems can always be improved but the NHS is more efficient than most; the problem is we don't invest enough in our health and care system.