TrueBlueArmy Forums
Trouble at games - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Trouble at games (/showthread.php?tid=1436)

Trouble at games - Hammie - 24-01-2022

Watching Sky earlier today, there is some concern about increasing trouble at football.
They showed some stats comparing the season before Covid and this one, there was a really worrying upward trend.

One of the league rules already in place that should be enforced is teams not going to celebrate en mass behind the goal, often right in front of the opposition fans.

Watching the old highlights on Big Match it is so obvious how now the whole thing is just a form of time wasting to prevent the other team getting on with the game as well. Players always celebrated but routinely most of the team was jogging back to half way within half a minute or so. 

But I won't be surprised to see bottle tops removed again and all those annoying things because of a few idiots.

RE: Trouble at games - briefcase_wanchor - 25-01-2022

Another thing the authorities should deal with is the opposition kicking or throwing the ball away a few yards after they have been penalised. So petulant but clearly stops a quick throw/free kick. For some teams it’s an art form (not us btw). Just bring in a rule saying they can’t touch the ball - should end it.

RE: Trouble at games - dsmg - 25-01-2022

We do it too. Recently, Curtis, Williams, Romeo and Harness spring to mind.

RE: Trouble at games - blueandwight - 25-01-2022

It's called 'game management' boys!
It used to be called cheating.
Even at our lowly level we've been watching it for several years.

RE: Trouble at games - suffolkpompey - 25-01-2022

Ahh yes, that highly dangerous projectile the humble plastic bottle top. let's send some over to Ukraine, I'm sure them nasty Ruskies will think twice about attacking once our darling pro footballers tell them how dangerous they are.

RE: Trouble at games - scouse - 25-01-2022

Hahahaha I think it's so you can't fill the bottle up with any convenient liquid and use it as a missile. Well you could still use it without a top but it would empty itself in flight.

RE: Trouble at games - briefcase_wanchor - 25-01-2022

(25-01-2022, 08:56 AM)dsmg Wrote: We do it too. Recently, Curtis, Williams, Romeo and Harness spring to mind.

I agree, we do - just not as “well” as most others.

RE: Trouble at games - Pompeyloyal - 27-01-2022

(24-01-2022, 11:01 PM)Hammie Wrote: Watching Sky earlier today, there is some concern about increasing trouble at football.
They showed some stats comparing the season before Covid and this one, there was a really worrying upward trend.

One of the league rules already in place that should be enforced is teams not going to celebrate en mass behind the goal, often right in front of the opposition fans.

Watching the old highlights on Big Match it is so obvious how now the whole thing is just a form of time wasting to prevent the other team getting on with the game as well. Players always celebrated but routinely most of the team was jogging back to half way within half a minute or so. 

But I won't be surprised to see bottle tops removed again and all those annoying things because of a few idiots.

Upward trend?

Bring back the 80’s innit - proper days

RE: Trouble at games - Hammie - 28-01-2022

very much an upward trend over the last few seasons. With a big gap since it was such a massive issue.

Mind you, compared to the behaviour on an average Friday or Saturday night in the dark with no cameras about it pales into insignificance