TrueBlueArmy Forums
Cayman Islands Partnership with Pompey - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cayman Islands Partnership with Pompey (/showthread.php?tid=1445)

Cayman Islands Partnership with Pompey - stayinupforever - 26-01-2022

So that's where our money goes!

RE: Cayman Islands Partnership with Pompey - DeepBlue - 26-01-2022

(26-01-2022, 06:32 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: So that's where our money goes!

I wonder how this came about. It's a bizarre bit of sponsorship as I would not have thought the average Pompey crowd member was a likely customer for tourism in the Cayman Islands.  But we'll take anybody's money.

RE: Cayman Islands Partnership with Pompey - Pedalo_menders - 26-01-2022

Not unusual for tax havens to want to try and diversify their economy with tourism. Wonder how much they'll be paying for the sponsorship?

RE: Cayman Islands Partnership with Pompey - scouse - 26-01-2022

I'd quite like to diversify into an offshore tax haven.

RE: Cayman Islands Partnership with Pompey - slayer - 26-01-2022

Difficult not to find the photo of the person on the beach holding the shirt jarring.

Even harder not to find the fiscal/tax angle even more jarring. O.G.

RE: Cayman Islands Partnership with Pompey - mikey393 - 26-01-2022

What's the Sponsorship Deal & which Company?

RE: Cayman Islands Partnership with Pompey - DeepBlue - 27-01-2022

(26-01-2022, 08:13 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Difficult not to find the photo of the person on the beach holding the shirt jarring.

Even harder not to find the fiscal/tax angle even more jarring. O.G.

Not sure why it's jarring at all to be honest.

The Cayman Island Tourist Board is hardly a dodgy organisation, I'm sure it's a nice place to go. 

I could just about understand your reaction if it was a dodgy Cayman Islands bank, but its not.  And even that would be far less jarring then an arms dealer family for instance.

RE: Cayman Islands Partnership with Pompey - bluetagagain - 27-01-2022

I see my post was removed ….libel??

RE: Cayman Islands Partnership with Pompey - Tomsk - 27-01-2022

You know nothings...

"The Cayman Islands and Portsmouth Football Club share a vibrant and storied maritime heritage... and the new partnership will raise awareness of the Cayman Islands..."

I must admit I quite fancy old Rosa's job, Director of Tourism for the Cayman Islands

RE: Cayman Islands Partnership with Pompey - ForeverPompey - 27-01-2022

For me, I prefer a partnership with a tourism organisation than all the potentially life wrecking gambling organisations most clubs link up with.

RE: Cayman Islands Partnership with Pompey - firqdays - 27-01-2022

Can only believe that the geographical alignment with the US of A suggests Mr E has more than a passing involvement in tis deal.

However, as it appears, no problems. How much ? ..... and will it make a real difference ?

Do season ticket holders get free flights/Villa HOLIDAYS ANNUALLY?

RE: Cayman Islands Partnership with Pompey - Tufnell_Chimes - 27-01-2022

(27-01-2022, 11:16 AM)Tomsk Wrote: You know nothings...

"The Cayman Islands and Portsmouth Football Club share a vibrant and storied maritime heritage... and the new partnership will raise awareness of the Cayman Islands..."

I must admit I quite fancy old Rosa's job, Director of Tourism for the Cayman Islands

That's what I was thinking  Smile  Money for old rope, and a beach at the bottom of the garden.
Mind you I think Bournemouth and the Caymans might have been a better fit - all that Sandbanks money has to sit somewhere.

RE: Cayman Islands Partnership with Pompey - countofmontecristo - 28-01-2022

Well, if the pre season tour is there, I am going.

RE: Cayman Islands Partnership with Pompey - Isaac Hunt - 28-01-2022

Have you seen the price of hotels there !