TrueBlueArmy Forums
Anymore ins and outs? - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Anymore ins and outs? (/showthread.php?tid=1446)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - Jizbag - 29-01-2022

(28-01-2022, 06:52 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Hearing Harness to Birmingham and Matty Jay from Exeter in?

Why would we sell Harness unless we have another right winger coming in? I'd like Matty Jay though.

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - Hammie - 29-01-2022

if we are completely focused on wing backs there is not room for wingers, so unless we are going to do something fancy, Curtis, Harness and Jacobs seem of limited use.

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - exgaffer - 29-01-2022

(29-01-2022, 03:06 PM)Hammie Wrote: if we are completely focused on wing backs there is not room for wingers, so unless we are going to do something fancy, Curtis, Harness and Jacobs seem of limited use.

The primary function of a winger is to get down the line and provide ammunition for the strikers.

On that basis, it is not a term that could be used to describe Curtis or Harness.

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - bluetagagain - 29-01-2022

We have 3 wingers ( 2 rt 1 left) selling Harness would give Jacobs the playing time we would like and the player needs

Dion Charles for Bolton having a good game v Sunderland. Just the sort of striker we should be signing.

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - mikey393 - 29-01-2022

It seems DC doesn't know what formation to play or what players to fit into it.

If Harness goes we want a decent amount for him which we can use towards buying a decent proven goal scorer.

Agreed we need 2 decent wingers who can get to the byline & cross a decent ball.

Looks like it's going to be 3-5-2 or 3- 5 -1- 1 maybe.

The formation needs to accommodate Jacobs who is far our most creative player & listening to dC's interview he's now realising this albeit a bit late with recent dropped points.

Charlton game is a must Win if we have any realistic play off intentions.

Watching Bolton v Sunderland. Bolton 3-0 up, excellent attacking play. Dion Charles scored 2, he cost £320k from Accrington in January. They look streets ahead of us in terms of play. Why don't we find players like that? Instead of players who aren't playing or in form. I do wonder about our scouting network.

(29-01-2022, 04:14 PM)Jizbag Wrote: Watching Bolton v Sunderland. Bolton 3-0 up, excellent attacking play. Dion Charles scored 2, he cost £320k from Accrington in January. They look streets ahead of us in terms of play. Why don't we find players like that? Instead of players who aren't playing or in form. I do wonder about our scouting network.

Very Good point. What Scouting Network?

How about taking a punt on Harry McKirdy at Swindon? 

We need a proven goalscorer & he fits the bill providing we can provide the service.

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - Roybatty - 29-01-2022

(29-01-2022, 04:14 PM)Jizbag Wrote: Watching Bolton v Sunderland. Bolton 3-0 up, excellent attacking play. Dion Charles scored 2, he cost £320k from Accrington in January. They look streets ahead of us in terms of play. Why don't we find players like that? Instead of players who aren't playing or in form. I do wonder about our scouting network.

Have we still got that boardman fella? He looked like he graduated from playing football manager

I listened to Cowley's interview yesterday. He said he'd asked Denver Hume if he liked the game, if he liked to run and if he liked to train. Sounded like a fucking Sunday league manager.

(29-01-2022, 05:20 PM)Jizbag Wrote: I listened to Cowley's interview yesterday. He said he'd asked Denver Hume if he liked the game, if he liked to run and if he liked to train. Sounded like a fucking Sunday league manager.

Now we know why we're not progressing.

If we don't reach the play offs they have to go.

Neil Warnock is currently available & he'd certainly sort us out.

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - slayer - 29-01-2022

Oh ffs he is more of a Dinossur than Jackett, no way.

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - exgaffer - 29-01-2022

(29-01-2022, 06:02 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Oh ffs he is more of a Dinossur than Jackett, no way.

That’s rubbish, Jackett didn’t have an attacking bone in his body, that can’t be said of Warnock.

He puts out competitive sides that go for the jugular, especially at home.

He could do a great job here.

Won’t happen of course but I would welcome it, we dinosaurs need to stick together  Smile .

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - Roybatty - 29-01-2022

(29-01-2022, 06:02 PM)scumslayer Wrote: Oh ffs he is more of a Dinossur than Jackett, no way.

He comes in at full time,half naked,bends over and applies the piles Cream in front of the players! He gets my vote

Anyone who doesn't listen to the "under the cosh" podcast,won't have a clue what that means  Big Grin

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - essentialmix75 - 29-01-2022

(29-01-2022, 03:29 PM)Jizbag Wrote: Dion Charles for Bolton having a good game v Sunderland. Just the sort of striker we should be signing.

I agree

https://forum.truebluearmy.com/showthread.php?tid=1388

Great Minds..

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - Pedalo_menders - 29-01-2022

(29-01-2022, 05:20 PM)Jizbag Wrote: I listened to Cowley's interview yesterday. He said he'd asked Denver Hume if he liked the game, if he liked to run and if he liked to train. Sounded like a fucking Sunday league manager.

And that's not even the most worrying thing he said! Rating Hume as the best Left Back in League 1 last season! Either he didn't watch many L1 games last year or his judgement is a little suspect. Quite an incredible claim.

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - Hammie - 29-01-2022

and building up players never back fires does it?

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - slayer - 30-01-2022

(29-01-2022, 06:18 PM)exgaffer Wrote:

That’s rubbish

Warnock age: 73
Jackett age: 60

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - bluetagagain - 30-01-2022

Looks like we’re trying to get midfielder Jamie Lindsey from Rotherham. First bid has been knocked back but he’s out of contract at the end of season.

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - Cunninglinguist - 30-01-2022

In reality, any deals have to be done today. Match tomorrow and unless DC is prepared to leave it to his brother, he's unlikely to be chasing around after signings.

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - Rick Pumpkin - 30-01-2022

(30-01-2022, 11:03 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: In reality, any deals have to be done today. Match tomorrow and unless DC is prepared to leave it to his brother, he's unlikely to be chasing around after signings.

Cullen said yesterday that it's pretty much over to him now as Cowley has given him targets and it's down to the CEO and a couple of other office staff to try to get deals over the line.  That way DC can focus on Charlton.

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - exgaffer - 30-01-2022

(30-01-2022, 01:30 AM)scumslayer Wrote:
(29-01-2022, 06:18 PM)exgaffer Wrote:

That’s rubbish

Warnock age: 73
Jackett age: 60

I see you’ve taken to cropping posts now ss, so you can quote them out of context. You should get a job with the Guardian or the BBC.

Calling someone a dinosaur doesn’t just apply to their age, usually it implies outdated ideas.

Attacking football doesn’t age imo.

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - Pedalo_menders - 30-01-2022

Bid rejected for Rotherhams Jamie Lindsay. Not heard of him, must admit.

RE: Anymore ins and outs? - Rick Pumpkin - 30-01-2022

(30-01-2022, 12:26 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Bid rejected for Rotherhams Jamie Lindsay. Not heard of him, must admit.

Defensive midfielder I'm told - just what is needed to help our lack of goals Undecided