TrueBlueArmy Forums
The desperation of some teams is laughable...... - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: The desperation of some teams is laughable...... (/showthread.php?tid=1454)

The desperation of some teams is laughable...... - exterminator - 28-01-2022

See that West Brom have just signed the  33 yr old Andy "Carthorse" Carroll until the end of the season after his 6 month contract with Reading finished.

Apparently they are "desperate" for a goalscorer to fire them to promotion. 

Is this the same player who has scored 3 goals in 45 appearances over the last 3 seasons Big Grin   Big Grin

RE: The desperation of some teams is laughable...... - Cressers - 28-01-2022

Don't mock; the Cowleys might yet sign him next...

RE: The desperation of some teams is laughable...... - exterminator - 28-01-2022

Well Cressage, at the moment they seem to be concentrating signing younger players with potential and long may that continue.

I doubt very much they would be interested in a lumbering, injury prone , non- striking striker on massive wages. After all we are in the process of binning all the near 30 or above, high wage earning dross that we have......

RE: The desperation of some teams is laughable...... - Tomsk - 28-01-2022

Lumbering he may be and injury prone he unfortunately is but when he's been fit and firing he's a hell of a player. What a career he could have had, a definite England no. 9, if he hadn't been made of balsa wood.

RE: The desperation of some teams is laughable...... - exterminator - 29-01-2022

"when he's been fit and firing' has been that for 15 games a season in the last 5 years.

There are always "ifs" and "buts" but he always has been a "lumbering injury prone carthorse" and will be remembered as such.

RE: The desperation of some teams is laughable...... - exgaffer - 29-01-2022

So are you seriously saying that he couldn’t do a job here?

If you are, you don’t know much about forward play.

At this level he’d be a colossus and I’d have him on a short term deal in a heartbeat.

RE: The desperation of some teams is laughable...... - scouse - 29-01-2022

I don't think players should be referred to as 'dross'.

It's very rude.

Footballers are people too.

RE: The desperation of some teams is laughable...... - Theyak2 - 29-01-2022

A player can define their teams season by his injury record. When he plays, everything clicks but as soon as he is injured, nothing works.
We have all had players like that.
Andy Caroll is such a player.
I'd have him in my team at thus level in a shot but would pay him as he plays.
It's been the nightmare of his career. One injury after another.

RE: The desperation of some teams is laughable...... - exterminator - 29-01-2022

(29-01-2022, 08:53 AM)exgaffer Wrote: So are you seriously saying that he couldn’t do a job here?

If you are, you don’t know much about forward play.

At this level he’d be a colossus and I’d have him on a short term deal in a heartbeat.

Awful lumbering carthorse of a player, never rated him and no we don't want him. We have enough "sicknotes" as it is - but football is a game of opinions, and I know mine is right  Tongue

(29-01-2022, 10:02 AM)scouse Wrote: I don't think players should be referred to as 'dross'.

It's very rude.

dross=rubbish, if you put yourself in the public window don't expect me or other fans to hold back from criticism.

It might hurt the pampered ones feelings - tough !!

RE: The desperation of some teams is laughable...... - DeepBlue - 29-01-2022

(29-01-2022, 11:35 AM)exterminator Wrote:
(29-01-2022, 10:02 AM)scouse Wrote: I don't think players should be referred to as 'dross'.

It's very rude.

dross=rubbish, if you put yourself in the public window don't expect me or other fans to hold back from criticism.

It might hurt the pampered ones feelings - tough !!

And if the players started saying the fans are rubbish that would be OK too ?

RE: The desperation of some teams is laughable...... - Ain’t got a Danny - 29-01-2022

He’s a scummer but I’d sign Billy Sharp tomorrow.

Goal scorer.

But He might tell Cowley to stick his psycho babble up his arse.

RE: The desperation of some teams is laughable...... - scouse - 29-01-2022

I expect the players are used to it.

It's only us libtard snowflakes (snowflake libtards?) who get offended.

(29-01-2022, 11:45 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: And if the players started saying the fans are rubbish that would be OK too ?

You don't half talk some rubbish Dump Blue.

A supporter or fan by the very nature of the word applauds and encourages the team. 

So in your view we aren't allowed to criticise or rubbish the players if they do wrong or don't meet expectations...........jog on dipstick.

Oh & If a player did rubbish the fans they would deserve all the stick & grief coming their way as a result.

RE: The desperation of some teams is laughable...... - DeepBlue - 29-01-2022

(29-01-2022, 01:42 PM)exterminator Wrote:
(29-01-2022, 11:45 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: And if the players started saying the fans are rubbish that would be OK too ?

You don't half talk some rubbish Dump Blue.

A supporter or fan by the very nature of the word applauds and encourages the team. 

So in your view we arn't allowed to criticise or rubbish the players if they do wrong or don't meet expectations...........jog on dipstick.

Oh &:if a player did rubbish the fans they would deserve all the stick & grief coming their way as a result.

Can't see the bit where I said you couldn't criticise ??? I didn't.

I'm just saying that if you are going to dish it out then you can't complain when it is reciprocated, otherwise you are being hypocritical. Double standards of a snowflake.