TrueBlueArmy Forums
Team Tonight - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Team Tonight (/showthread.php?tid=1471)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Team Tonight - mikey393 - 31-01-2022

This is total garbage. Only subs Curtis & Thompson on after 2-0 down.

I can't see us getting anything from this.

Jacobs at last!

Cowley has No idea!

RE: Team Tonight - Jizbag - 31-01-2022

Jacobs on for 20 mins. Cowley you're such a coont!

RE: Team Tonight - slayer - 31-01-2022

We might have to start looking behind us rather than above us in a minute

RE: Team Tonight - PompeyDB - 31-01-2022

We've had more than our fair share of absolutely clueless managers haven't we.

RE: Team Tonight - Gerry Hatrick - 31-01-2022

Four defeats in the last five. Last league win...December 12th!
Ditch this stupid three at the back system put Curtis back on the left wing and play Jacobs from the start.

RE: Team Tonight - slayer - 31-01-2022

Might take my boy up on his wish to play football on Saturday afternoons. Watching the U5s can't be worse than this

RE: Team Tonight - Hermann's_no_hermit - 31-01-2022

Jacobs!! One day someone may be able to explain why he doesn't start

And he scores. Better get him off quick.

RE: Team Tonight - bluetagagain - 31-01-2022

Let’s face facts. We have owners whose sole aim is to refurbish FP and sell ( let’s be honest the money / profit is in real estate not on the pitch). That should take us another 3 seasons at least. So expect L1 football until then. Once the Eisners have sold and made their profit , it’ll be up to new owners to invest in the team.
We can’t eat what we kill because we don’t produce enough young talent and we have no development squad. It’s all very depressing but that’s how I honestly see it happening.
Our current management team are too in experienced for a club like us were expectations are high ( or maybe unrealistic),. Asking players if the like to run !!! why not ask them if they like round objects and the colour blue.

We have no leadership, no idea of formation or tactics for L1 , all in all we are going backwards. It’s a shame as I remember when we used to play football at FP.

RE: Team Tonight - Pedalo_menders - 31-01-2022

A very fitting end to the day. The shitshow that is PFC right now.

I'd like the Cowleys to fuck off, and when they get there fuck off some more. They're pathetic.

RE: Team Tonight - Smirnoffexpress - 31-01-2022

Shit owners, shit manager, shit result.

RE: Team Tonight - Gerry Hatrick - 31-01-2022

It does seem like every transfer window for the past three years we take another step backwards.

RE: Team Tonight - Hermann's_no_hermit - 31-01-2022

Thought Morrell was the only overall decent player for us tonight until Jacobs came on. Hirst missed a sitter but not too bad apart from that. Hume a few okay moments. Romeo's decision making awful. 
Overall we probably played okay for 25 minutes out of 90

RE: Team Tonight - TBP - 31-01-2022

Complete lack of effort.
Three at the back fails again.
January window disappointing again.
Cowley is the problem, not the solution.

RE: Team Tonight - ForeverPompey - 31-01-2022

Well he’s not doing much. And yet when Marquis had the same problem everyone slated him. At least he ran around. Walker doesn’t shift out of first gear useless waster.

RE: Team Tonight - Ain’t got a Danny - 31-01-2022

Powder puff tackling is unacceptable.

Why is Bass out on loan? Nothing against Bazunu but we’re never going to sign him and I’m pretty sure Bass can pick the ball out of the net just as well.

RE: Team Tonight - Lawrence - 31-01-2022

(31-01-2022, 09:36 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Let’s face facts. We have owners whose sole aim is to refurbish FP and sell ( let’s be honest the money / profit is in real estate not on the pitch). That should take us another 3 seasons at least. So expect L1 football until then. Once the Eisners have sold  and made their profit , it’ll be up to new owners to invest in the team.
We can’t eat what we kill because we don’t produce enough young talent and we have no development squad. It’s all very depressing but that’s how I honestly see it happening.
Our current management team are too in experienced for a club like us were expectations  are high  ( or maybe unrealistic),. Asking players if the like to run !!! why not ask them if they like round objects and the colour blue.

We have no leadership, no idea of formation or tactics for L1 , all in all we are going backwards. It’s a shame as I remember when we used to play football at FP.

What grates me with this club is that if any team had bid for Jacob,, even right up to the deadline, we'd most likely have sold him. Outsiders must think Jacob is Messi but really it's only because he can cross a ball, pass and shoot.

Excluding Jacobs and Curtis (occasionally) our chief attacking option consists of bazooka passing the ball to raggett who then punts the ball to the left side of the area where it's either over hit or lost.

Rubbish but then that's okay for the Eisner's.

Ps why did Curtis get ready to come on, Cowley divvers for 5 mins during which its 2-0 then pits him on?

RE: Team Tonight - Hammie - 31-01-2022

I thought the two up front looked ok when I could see them close up in the second half.
Not sure how Harness stayed on as he had one of those matches which he has from time to time.

About now. One team goes on a late run to the playoffs and one goes on a late run to a last day relegation play off. I know which I'm seeing coming our way.

RE: Team Tonight - Northstander - 31-01-2022

(31-01-2022, 10:30 PM)Ain’t got a Danny Wrote: Why is Bass out on loan? Nothing against Bazunu but we’re never going to sign him and I’m pretty sure Bass can pick the ball out of the net just as well.

I've read 2 reports, Bass had a cracking game at Walsall when they won last week. Saturday 2 defensive errors (Bass positioning for the 2nd was poor) led to Crawley coming from behind to win 2.1. They are at home to under fire Kenny Jackett's Orient tomorrow night, Reunion for Bass, Evans and KJ

RE: Team Tonight - scouse - 01-02-2022

And talking about goalies, nice to see MacGillivray. I snuck out before the end anyway, and got the earlier train. That may get to be a habit.

RE: Team Tonight - bluetagagain - 01-02-2022

As did I

RE: Team Tonight - Cleaver Greene - 01-02-2022

From the BBC.
"George Hirst failed to capitalise on a Joe Morrell pass in the 25th minute by missing the ball completely." https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60106784
I am in utter despair. WTF is happening to our club?

RE: Team Tonight - Mystic Meg - 15-07-2022

(31-01-2022, 09:36 PM)bluetagagain Wrote: Let’s face facts. We have owners whose sole aim is to refurbish FP and sell ( let’s be honest the money / profit is in real estate not on the pitch). That should take us another 3 seasons at least. So expect L1 football until then. Once the Eisners have sold  and made their profit , it’ll be up to new owners to invest in the team.
Our current management team are too in experienced for a club like us were expectations  are high  ( or maybe unrealistic),. Asking players if the like to run !!! why not ask them if they like round objects and the colour blue.

Never a truer word spoken, does anyone really believe the Americans are here for the good of the Pompey fans, they used typical American P.R. To get the shares on the cheap with false promises, they are investing in the ground purely to get it past the Health and Safety issues that threatened to half the capacity of the ground, they will return the money spent three times over when they sale out possibly before the end of the year. THEY HAVE NO AFFINITY with the people of Portsmouth, that’s why no money is being spent on team players, the managers have their hands tied behind their backs and one day this will be explained by them. As Pompey fans let’s bombard them with why no money is being made available again this season, get on twitter and the likes and let’s see what rubbish they come back with, how many times do we have to hear about the ground improvements, when you buy an old house you do it up to sale at a profit, exactly what the Yanks are doing, But beware the snake in the grass could be the return of Catlin with another load of pretender’s to the throne.
Sorry but it’s all in the crystal ball.

RE: Team Tonight - Pompeyg100 - 15-07-2022

(15-07-2022, 10:36 AM)Mystic Meg Wrote:

Never a truer word spoken, does anyone really believe the Americans are here for the good of the Pompey fans, they used typical American P.R. To get the shares on the cheap with false promises, they are investing in the ground purely to get it past the Health and Safety issues that threatened to half the capacity of the ground, they will return the money spent three times over when they sale out possibly before the end of the year. THEY HAVE NO AFFINITY with the people of Portsmouth, that’s why no money is being spent on team players, the managers have their hands tied behind their backs and one day this will be explained by them. As Pompey fans let’s bombard them with why no money is being made available again this season, get on twitter and the likes and let’s see what rubbish they come back with, how many times do we have to hear about the ground improvements, when you buy an old house you do it up to sale at a profit, exactly what the Yanks are doing, But beware the snake in the grass could be the return of Catlin with another load of pretender’s to the throne.
Sorry but it’s all in the crystal ball.

I believe they want to own and be successful with an English football club for the long term.

All this no money spent on the team etc is rubbish. If that were the case Bass would be number 1 and we wouldn’t be signing players where we have decent youngsters.

Spending loads of money on players doesn’t not equal success.

They could sell to someone from Portsmouth who can’t afford to do what you want or most likely they could sell to someone who will want to sell FP to build flats and build a flat pack stadium off the island.

There are not lines of people wanting to buy Pompey.