TrueBlueArmy Forums
Not Even Our Own Sh---- - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Not Even Our Own Sh---- (/showthread.php?tid=1482)

Not Even Our Own Sh---- - JIMBON - 01-02-2022

Five out of the starting eleven were on loan. Talk about an actual squad going backwards, it is so depressing. 

All the time we play three centre half's with wing backs we rob ourselves of Jacobs and Curtis as wingers, are they not better players than what is starting. 

Also how does our most consistent player, Conor OG, now find himself out of the starting eleven. Will he now not play because we have paid 200k for a wing back so wing backs it is then. 

Play the system that suits the best of what you've got, especially when you ain't got much.

RE: Not Even Our Own Sh---- - Kingo - 01-02-2022

And if we only have three at the back, we have 5 to cover midfield. So how come the opposition rampage through midfield at will?

RE: Not Even Our Own Sh---- - ForeverPompey - 01-02-2022

Agree completely. In a squad as feeble as ours to have Curtis and Jacobs sat on the bench is shameful. OG has been decent and should be in the team but I think he might still be suffering from his face injury?

RE: Not Even Our Own Sh---- - exgaffer - 01-02-2022

We kept being caught out by the huge space left by the wing backs when they went forward, Charlton had done their homework.

Oh and the crossing, while marginally better, was still sheite ffs.

RE: Not Even Our Own Sh---- - ForeverPompey - 01-02-2022

Crossing... how can so many pro players manage to be so poor at it?

RE: Not Even Our Own Sh---- - bluetagagain - 01-02-2022

It’s because Danny is obsessed with fitness and running, he wants us to play like a premiership team but with L1 players at best.
Last night he played 343 to fit in wingbacks, if you play with WB’s you have to go 352 to protect and control midfield. We need to go back to a back 4 and bring back Ogilvie.

RE: Not Even Our Own Sh---- - Jizbag - 01-02-2022

We need to get a proper manager in. I've seen enough, it's dire and not improving.

RE: Not Even Our Own Sh---- - Hermann's_no_hermit - 01-02-2022

I also agree with all the above. We have to find a way to get Curtis and Jacobs out wide and that will only come by ditching wing backs. As also said above, Ogilvie has been excellent and doesn't deserve to be relegated to the bench.
My starting 11 for Saturday:
Blazing
Romeo Raggett Robertson Ogilvie
Jacobs Morrell Tunnicliffe (if fit - if not Thompson) Curtis
Hirst O'Brien (he can't be worse than Walker)

RE: Not Even Our Own Sh---- - DeepBlue - 01-02-2022

(01-02-2022, 10:16 AM)Hermann's_no_hermit Wrote: I also agree with all the above. We have to find a way to get Curtis and Jacobs out wide and that will only come by ditching wing backs. As also said above, Ogilvie has been excellent and doesn't deserve to be relegated to the bench.
My starting 11 for Saturday:
Blazing
Romeo Raggett Robertson Ogilvie
Jacobs Morrell Tunnicliffe (if fit - if not Thompson) Curtis
Hirst O'Brien (he can't be worse than Walker)

For an away game at somewhere like Oxford I'd go 4231 with 
Baz
Romeo Raggett Robertson Ogilvie (if fit, otherwise Hume) 
Morrell Thompson 
Harness Jacobs Curtis
O'Brien

RE: Not Even Our Own Sh---- - Hammie - 01-02-2022

its lovely of us to improve everyone else's players except our own. Especially in a season which is clearly going nowhere.

RE: Not Even Our Own Sh---- - mikey393 - 01-02-2022

If we don't watch it Oxford will run riot against on Saturday so 4-2-3-1 looks about right.

From what I've read O'Brienn will work hard & put himself about a bit.

We need to soak up the pressure for the first 20 minutes like Sunderland & hit them on the break.

But when we get a chance we must take it.

RE: Not Even Our Own Sh---- - Hammie - 01-02-2022

Out of interest have we hit anyone on the break this season?

RE: Not Even Our Own Sh---- - ForeverPompey - 02-02-2022

I remember a goal at FP when Curtis played it diagonal to Hirst. He rounded the keeper it hit the post twice and Harness scored.. can’t remember the opposition. Possibly mighty Morecambe? That’s only occasion I can recall.

RE: Not Even Our Own Sh---- - Rick Pumpkin - 02-02-2022

(01-02-2022, 10:25 PM)Hammie Wrote: Out of interest have we hit anyone on the break this season?

Wasn't one of our three(!) goals at Lincoln a counter attack?  I was there that night and am certain for one of them we broke from our end and scored.

RE: Not Even Our Own Sh---- - Hammie - 02-02-2022

thanks for the info x2
we do seem to be particularly poor at corners and breaking to score. If we could do a bit of both of those we would be immediately a close to play off side as clearly the defence is mostly good enough.
When was the last time Raggie scored?

RE: Not Even Our Own Sh---- - Northstander - 02-02-2022

(02-02-2022, 05:10 PM)Hammie Wrote: thanks for the info x2
we do seem to be particularly poor at corners and breaking to score. If we could do a bit of both of those we would be immediately a close to play off side as clearly the defence is mostly good enough.
When was the last time Raggie scored?

The last one Raggie scored I recall was the late equaliser here against Argyle. As Sky mentioned we've only scored from 1 corner this season

RE: Not Even Our Own Sh---- - Hammie - 02-02-2022

I just paused for thought then.
To be quick on the break it helps to have a keeper quick to get the ball and get it passed out. Does Baz's much lauded distribution actually bear fruit?