TrueBlueArmy Forums
Team for Donny - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Team for Donny (/showthread.php?tid=1542)

Team for Donny - stayinupforever - 11-02-2022

Same as Tuesday.

RE: Team for Donny - DeepBlue - 11-02-2022

(11-02-2022, 03:46 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: Same as Tuesday.

The News reckons it'll be Harness back for Walker. 

But I'd stick to the winning team as long as Romeo & Thompson are fit enough.

RE: Team for Donny - Rocketman - 11-02-2022

Don't think we can afford the luxury of two non-scoring CF's, and Harness is now well rested. I'd play him and Hirst bring Walker on after 60 mins unless Hirst is doing really well.

RE: Team for Donny - Pompeyg100 - 11-02-2022

Considering Walker has been described as an expensive signing either he needs to start or do a shift behind the bar.

Personally I’d keep the same team.

RE: Team for Donny - slayer - 11-02-2022

I am not sure Walker has done enough to keep his place. Maybe we will see OBrien

RE: Team for Donny - Pedalo_menders - 11-02-2022

Yeh, I think the lineup will depend a lot on the runners of the team. Probably start the same team and expect a few subs. I'd think Robertson & Tunnkcliff may need to feature at some stage.

RE: Team for Donny - TBP - 11-02-2022

(11-02-2022, 05:09 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Considering Walker has been described as an expensive signing either he needs to start or do a shift behind the bar.

Bar work would definitely improve his game. It will make him realise that, if he doesn't deliver on the pitch, that will be his future.

RE: Team for Donny - DeepBlue - 11-02-2022

(11-02-2022, 06:52 PM)TBP Wrote:
(11-02-2022, 05:09 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: Considering Walker has been described as an expensive signing either he needs to start or do a shift behind the bar.

Bar work would definitely improve his game. It will make him realise that, if he doesn't deliver on the pitch, that will be his future.

Stupid comment. 

He is a 25 year old championship footballer, with over 200 appearances in all and 42 goals in 90 odd appearnaces in leagues 1&2.   Just because he hasn't settled in to a team with known problems creating chances within 3 starts does not warrant a comment like that. 

Try not making your mind up about a player with so little evidence, he's played less than 300 minutes for us so far. A poor start, granted. but give him a chance.   Otherwise he will be the latest in a long line of decent strikers destroyed by our so called supporters.

RE: Team for Donny - Pompeyg100 - 11-02-2022

Have a day off Barry ffs.

RE: Team for Donny - Kingo - 11-02-2022

His physique is not that of a footballer. I'll give him a chance, but if he's the reason our wage bill is higher than it was before we gave our high earners away, he needs to get his ass in gear.

RE: Team for Donny - mikey393 - 11-02-2022

Agreed starting line up but be prepared to make changes from as early as H.T. if needed.

Not sure what the position is with O'Brien is as he's only played 10 minutes so far.

Has he just been brought in as a back up player or is he just not match fit?

I'd love to see Jacobs & Harness in the same line up.

Use Curtis & Harnes wide with Jacobs in the middle to set up chances.

DC has been stubbornly slow but starting to see what th esupporters are seeing at last!

We are a long way behind but if we can put 4+ wins together we're not out of it & let's hope the Mackems wheels have come off & Oxford are heading for meltdown after robbing us.

RE: Team for Donny - Hammie - 12-02-2022

Walker did actually get two chances to score Tuesday which is a step up from having nothing to hit/miss
So maybe we should keep him in against a weak team and see if we can get him or Hirst (hopefully both) on the start of a scoring run.

RE: Team for Donny - exgaffer - 12-02-2022

(12-02-2022, 08:39 AM)Hammie Wrote: Walker did actually get two chances to score Tuesday which is a step up from having nothing to hit/miss
So maybe we should keep him in against a weak team and see if we can get him or Hirst (hopefully both) on the start of a scoring run.

That would be the ‘weak’ team that has a better record than us over the last 5 games and beat Sunderland away then?  Smile

If we treat them like a weak team there will be only one outcome.