TrueBlueArmy Forums
Some Pompey fans over react - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Some Pompey fans over react (/showthread.php?tid=1548)

Some Pompey fans over react - Pompeyloyal - 13-02-2022

I for one am not gonna get carried away by yesterdays result - just happy that we got 6 points & are keepin well away from trouble

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - stayinupforever - 13-02-2022

Small steps.Doncaster threatened a little in the first half and we improved a lot in the second and took our chances.

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - bluetagagain - 13-02-2022

We threatened very little up until we scored, in fact if it wasn’t for Raggett we would’ve been 1 or 2 nil down.

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - briefcase_wanchor - 13-02-2022

Thought Donny looked every bit a bottom of the table team. We fully deserved the win but were still fairly average and the scoreline flattered us. May well get away with something similar in the next 2 or 3 games but as much as this month should be a stroll, next month is a stinker for fixtures and we'll need to be wholly resilient.

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - exgaffer - 13-02-2022

(13-02-2022, 10:46 AM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: I for one am not gonna get carried away by yesterdays result - just happy that we got 6 points & are keepin well away from trouble

Me too mush.

Having said that, the attacking threat has got a lot better and the quality of crossing has improved (well it couldn’t do anything else could it?).

I thought Raggett was outstanding yesterday, great goal line clearance, overall good play and a towering headed goal.

Let’s keep up the good work.

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - Tomsk - 13-02-2022

The score might have flattered us but its only a few days ago people were crying on here that we weren't scoring goals, two games and 6 points later we've scored 6 and conceded 1

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - Cunninglinguist - 13-02-2022

Yeah we played the bottom of the league team but a few days ago we were bottom of the form league.

I’ll take the improvement and the confidence those wins will give the players.

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - stayinupforever - 13-02-2022

(13-02-2022, 01:12 PM)Tomsk Wrote: The score might have flattered us but its only a few days ago people were crying on here that we weren't scoring goals, two games and 6 points later we've scored 6 and conceded 1
Funny game football.

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - Pompeyg100 - 13-02-2022

We’ve seen this with DC earlier in the season, finally turned a corner and bang, back down to earth. It’s been much better and how nice to see some goals! I hope we do finally build on this.

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - Pedalo_menders - 13-02-2022

The sensible thing to do would be to view everything through the lense of: "How does this help us for next season?"

And from that perspective, I'm really looking at the performance of players who will be sticking around. Couldn't care less how well Baz,Carter, walker, Hirst etc play but glad to see Raggett getting stronger and stronger.

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - Hammie - 13-02-2022

it does seem a stronger squad, but as you say, too many are not gin to stay. Kenny tended to try and use loans for an extended look before buying, which saved us buying a few duds.
Of the loans we have, are any likely to be within our means do we think?
Trouble is in the champ, one league up the wages are ridiculously beyond the budget of most champ teams let alone league one.
Otherwise, the likes of Romeo might be a possible signing. As it is, they would have to take a big cut in wages.

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - DeepBlue - 13-02-2022

(13-02-2022, 05:29 PM)Hammie Wrote: it does seem a stronger squad, but as you say, too many are not gin to stay. Kenny tended to try and use loans for an extended look before buying, which saved us buying a few duds.
Trouble is in the champ, one league up the wages are ridiculously beyond the budget of most champ teams let alone league one.
Otherwise, the likes of Romeo might be a possible signing. As it is, they would have to take a big cut in wages.

Carter is a potential signing too. He is the one I would be most keen to push the boat out for.

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - mikey393 - 13-02-2022

(13-02-2022, 05:29 PM)Hammie Wrote: it does seem a stronger squad, but as you say, too many are not gin to stay. Kenny tended to try and use loans for an extended look before buying, which saved us buying a few duds.

If & when we get to the Champ wages are between 4 - 7 times more for decent players.

But, this is offset by higher revenues earnt by the club with larger crowds assuming we increase our capacity.

Also, higher sponsorship revenues. We need a decent Major Sponsor prepared to pay a much higher rate that our current set up.

I saw Forrest have Boxt Boilers as main Sponsorswho No doubt are pumping in decent money.

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - Hammie - 13-02-2022

(13-02-2022, 07:17 PM)mikey393 Wrote:

If & when we get to the Champ wages are between 4 - 7 times more for decent players.

But, this is offset by higher revenues earnt by the club with larger crowds assuming we increase our capacity.

Also, higher sponsorship revenues. We need a decent Major Sponsor prepared to pay a much higher rate that our current set up.

I saw Forrest have Boxt Boilers as main Sponsorswho No doubt are pumping in decent money.

but even with that extra income, the figures for champ clubs are really dangerous for the whole league, not even just individual clubs.

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - Cunninglinguist - 13-02-2022

‘Pumping in decent money’, chuckle.

Will this improve the cash flow and make Forest a hot prospect???

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - Pompeyloyal - 14-02-2022

(13-02-2022, 10:46 PM)Hammie Wrote:
(13-02-2022, 07:17 PM)mikey393 Wrote:

but even with that extra income, the figures for champ clubs are really dangerous for the whole league, not even just individual clubs.

We will probably have 1 of the smallest grounds in the champ when do get back there too

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - RavoPFC - 16-02-2022

Over reacting is a premise of being a football fan, or at least being a Pompey fan. A couple of weeks ago there were thread about us getting relegated, two wins later and we're back to talking about a play off push. Utter doom and gloom when we lose and over optimism when win. We're basically undiagnosed Bipolar Depressives at this point haha.

With that in mind I wouldn't change a single bit of it.

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - Pompeyloyal - 16-02-2022

(16-02-2022, 10:01 PM)RavoPFC Wrote: Over reacting is a premise of being a football fan, or at least being a Pompey fan. A couple of weeks ago there were thread about us getting relegated, two wins later and we're back to talking about a play off push. Utter doom and gloom when we lose and over optimism when win. We're basically undiagnosed Bipolar Depressives at this point haha.

TBF up until 8 days ago we couldn’t beat an egg lol

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - Rick Pumpkin - 17-02-2022

(16-02-2022, 11:08 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote:
(16-02-2022, 10:01 PM)RavoPFC Wrote: Over reacting is a premise of being a football fan, or at least being a Pompey fan. A couple of weeks ago there were thread about us getting relegated, two wins later and we're back to talking about a play off push. Utter doom and gloom when we lose and over optimism when win. We're basically undiagnosed Bipolar Depressives at this point haha.

TBF up until 8 days again we couldn’t beat an egg lol

Seriously, when you live between a family of West Brom supporters and a family of Wolves supporters you've no idea what overreaction is.  By comparison Pompey are rank amateurs!

RE: Some Pompey fans over react - Cunninglinguist - 17-02-2022

Chuckle

........and Sunderland fans actually have a chance of winning something too.