TrueBlueArmy Forums
Rating Tornantes ownership so far - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Rating Tornantes ownership so far (/showthread.php?tid=1553)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Rating Tornantes ownership so far - exgaffer - 19-02-2022

I think what you can take from this thread is that football fans are never satisfied.

We have a well supported, sustainably run club and many would give their eye teeth for that.

You only have to look at the fans of clubs at the top of the Prem who do have super duoer grounds and who do spend vast sums on players and wages, they are always moaning too.

The only ones who seem vaguely content are those at the very top of the pile and even they moan from time to time.

I’m just happy that I’ve got a club to support on a Saturday and any success we get is a bonus.

I don’t care about the bogs (if they function that’s enough for me), I don’t give a fuck about the catering (although they could do a better job selling decent beer in a timely fashion before and after the game) or the corporate facilities.

I care if the football is turgid, or the organisation regarding tickets for big games is poor, that’s about it for me.

RE: Rating Tornantes ownership so far - Jizbag - 19-02-2022

Times move on Gaffer, these days clubs are trying to attract different types of supporters as well as retaining the old guard. Bogs, catering, access, tickets are all important to people. I must admit when I went to Wembley and sat in club Wembley seats I thought I'd go every bloody week, wouldn't care who was playing because the whole experience was brilliant.
The days of me queueing up for half an hour at HT and missing part of the 2nd half, squeezing past tons of people, getting beer spilt all over me are gone for me. This isn't the 80's anymore. Those days were great mostly but this the 21st century.

I agree with Briefcase, what's the point in a billionaire owning a football club and not trying to at least get us into the championship, especially at his age. I don't really get it.

RE: Rating Tornantes ownership so far - Pompeyg100 - 19-02-2022

(19-02-2022, 11:48 AM)Jizbag Wrote: Times move on Gaffer, these days clubs are trying to attract different types of supporters as well as retaining the old guard. Bogs, catering, access, tickets are all important to people. I must admit when I went to Wembley and sat in club Wembley seats I thought I'd go every bloody week, wouldn't care who was playing because the whole experience was brilliant.
The days of me queueing up for half an hour at HT and missing part of the 2nd half, squeezing past tons of people, getting beer spilt all over me are gone for me. This isn't the 80's anymore. Those days were great mostly but this the 21st century.

I agree with Briefcase, what's the point in a billionaire owning a football club and not trying to at least get us into the championship, especially at his age. I don't really get 
He did say all this though originally, he wants to have the club in his family.

They of course want us in the championship, the conspiracy theories about keeping us in L1 are up there with the moon landing being faked.

RE: Rating Tornantes ownership so far - Cunninglinguist - 19-02-2022

Some of you really need your heads banging together.

A few wins and you’ll soon be changing your tune.

Banging on about success under the Trust……you seem to forget that we were headed for a nothing season until that Crewe game (hmm). We scraped into an auto spot and by some unbelievable set of circumstances, we won the league too.

If we’d have still been Trust owned, nobody would have been thinking too hard about who to vote for, the last two years would have seen the back of that.

A bunch of squinnys, the lot of you. It’s getting more and more like the Sunderland, board on here, every day.

RE: Rating Tornantes ownership so far - DeepBlue - 19-02-2022

(19-02-2022, 11:48 AM)Jizbag Wrote: Times move on Gaffer, these days clubs are trying to attract different types of supporters as well as retaining the old guard. Bogs, catering, access, tickets are all important to people. I must admit when I went to Wembley and sat in club Wembley seats I thought I'd go every bloody week, wouldn't care who was playing because the whole experience was brilliant.

I agree with Briefcase, what's the point in a billionaire owning a football club and not trying to at least get us into the championship, especially at his age. I don't really get it.

Personally I'd like the facilites at FP to be left as crap as possible if only to keep away the plastic fans who regard going to football as 'a match day experience'.  They're usually the first to start moaning when results are poor too.

RE: Rating Tornantes ownership so far - Jizbag - 19-02-2022

(19-02-2022, 02:01 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:

Personally I'd like the facilites at FP to be left as crap as possible if only to keep away the plastic fans who regard going to football as 'a match day experience'.  They're usually the first to start moaning when results are poor too.

Oh ffs. Are you out of the 5 Yorkshireman sketch??

RE: Rating Tornantes ownership so far - bluebollox - 19-02-2022

(19-02-2022, 12:55 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: Some of you really need your heads banging together.

A few wins and you’ll soon be changing your tune.

Banging on about success under the Trust……you seem to forget that we were headed for a nothing season until that Crewe game (hmm). We scraped into an auto spot and by some unbelievable set of circumstances, we won the league too.

If we’d have still been Trust owned, nobody would have been thinking too hard about who to vote for, the last two years would have seen the back of that.

A bunch of squinnys, the lot of you. It’s getting more and more like the Sunderland, board on here, every day.

PMSL  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
Ah bless, you squinnying about "a bunch of squinnys".
Ermm pot kettle black.  Smile

RE: Rating Tornantes ownership so far - mikey393 - 19-02-2022

Jizbag is right in that times move on & supporters demand a better Match Day experience.

Fratton Park is a archictual relic which needs updating fast which is being done gradually it seems.

They now demand more modern facilities including better toilets, more comfortable seating & better catering facilities.

RE: Rating Tornantes ownership so far - bluebollox - 19-02-2022

(19-02-2022, 02:01 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:

Such a dinosaur attitude Deep Blue. If you want PFC to be the best they can be, then it has to be better than this. On & off the pitch.

RE: Rating Tornantes ownership so far - DeepBlue - 19-02-2022

(19-02-2022, 02:10 PM)mikey393 Wrote: Jizbag is right in that times move on & supporters demand a better Match Day experience.

Fratton Park is a archictual relic which needs updating fast which is being done gradually it seems.

They now demand more modern facilities including better toilets, more comfortable seating & better catering facilities.

There's nothing wrong with the toilets since they were refurbished. The seats  are more comfortable than any modern stadium with no leg room, well they are on the North Lower anyway - just wait for the moans when they have finished being  'updated'. But I'd agree the food could be better.  How hard can it be to choose a caterer that provides decent food ? But at least the prices are not a complete rip-off like places like Wembley & the Emirates.

RE: Rating Tornantes ownership so far - exgaffer - 19-02-2022

Ffs we’re only there for a couple of hours.

All this ‘times move on’ stuff cracks me up.

Time does indeed move on but that’s no reason for supporters to turn into a bunch of pussies who use phrases like ‘match day experience’. They’ll have us all going to classes on gender, ‘micro aggressions’ and fucking critical race theory as a condition if entry soon.

It’s football ffs, not ballet.

RE: Rating Tornantes ownership so far - BlueArmy - 19-02-2022

(19-02-2022, 08:11 AM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote:
(18-02-2022, 10:40 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: 27k would be OK. Was hoping for 30k plus though. But 27k is OK.

The club really need to give us something concrete on the North stand extension. They always give us excuses.

Its been going on long enough now we need proper plans and dates.

I always find this argument fascinating when most games we couldn't even fill the park to capacity when we were in the Prem.  Across those years I only held a ST for one season because of living and working abroad but there wasn't a single game where I couldn't get tickets in the week leading up to it, including the 4-1 derby.

Apart from brief periods when we've done well, Pompey has rarely averaged more than 25k since the 60s and with more distractions taking people away from the game that'd be the peak capacity I imagine Tornante would build the ground to.  Mind you, we'll probably have to wait till 2050 for that to happen.
Lots of the games in the prem soldout. The facilities were terrible in the prem and still are. The big games and the derby games were soldout weeks before.

We can fill 30,000 plus if we are doing well and facilities are improved. We sold over 50,000 for Wembley ffs. We can get 30k in the future no question about that.