TrueBlueArmy Forums
Wednesday away - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Wednesday away (/showthread.php?tid=1556)

Wednesday away - BilltheCat - 16-02-2022

Kick-off time brought forward to 12:30pm on Saturday April 30th.

Fuck the supporters, of course!

RE: Wednesday away - stayinupforever - 16-02-2022

As far as footballing authorities and TV are concerned we don't matter.

RE: Wednesday away - Rick Pumpkin - 16-02-2022

Well, some of them. Selfishly I'm happy as it's a 90 minute drive from home so a nice early finish for me.

Sympathy for those having to drive up from the south coast though.

RE: Wednesday away - Hammie - 16-02-2022

I'm sure we all understand the need for all to kick off at the same time. So it would not seem particularly difficult to move them all to Sunday3pm, Saturday 2pm, Saturday 5pm .......
Ridiculous
of course all fans could arrange to boycott the affected fixtures and really leave Sky and the league with a decision to make. but we won't

RE: Wednesday away - stayinupforever - 16-02-2022

All matches could still have been played at the same time:3pm on Saturday.

RE: Wednesday away - slayer - 17-02-2022

Money not fans. Utter bullshit.

RE: Wednesday away - Hammie - 17-02-2022

(16-02-2022, 08:46 PM)stayinupforever Wrote: All matches could still have been played at the same time:3pm on Saturday.

but the rules do not allow tv coverage at 3pm Saturday to prevent reduced crowd elsewhere. but they could all be played at any of the very many other kick off options, rather than early.

RE: Wednesday away - bluetagagain - 17-02-2022

Exactly, why not a 2pm or 4 pm kick off. After all it'll still be daylight as the clocks will have moved forward so no need for floodlights if its a later time.

RE: Wednesday away - Rocketman - 17-02-2022

Moan moan moan. Who the hell cares what time KO is. Makes no difference to fans watching on Sky etc, and for travelling fans it's an earlier start, big deal. Some of you get a life ffs.

RE: Wednesday away - BilltheCat - 17-02-2022

(17-02-2022, 06:55 PM)Rocketman Wrote: Moan moan moan. Who the hell cares what time KO is. Makes no difference to fans watching on Sky etc, and for travelling fans it's an earlier start, big deal. Some of you get a life ffs.

Will you be in attendance, then?

I don't travel very often but certainly sympathise with those who do. Especially as the start time is not needed, just make them all kick off at a sensible time.

RE: Wednesday away - Rocketman - 17-02-2022

(17-02-2022, 10:15 PM)BilltheCat Wrote:
(17-02-2022, 06:55 PM)Rocketman Wrote: Moan moan moan. Who the hell cares what time KO is. Makes no difference to fans watching on Sky etc, and for travelling fans it's an earlier start, big deal. Some of you get a life ffs.

No, because I am currently 5000 miles away. But when I'm back, as I will be soon, I have a 4-hour journey just for home games, and when I go to away games I get up whatever time is needed. Somehow I manage to do it without moaning.

we do it, doesn't mean changing kick offs without any thought for fans is the right thing to do.

RE: Wednesday away - Rocketman - 18-02-2022

(17-02-2022, 11:54 PM)Hammie Wrote: we do it, doesn't mean changing kick offs without any thought for fans is the right thing to do.

I understand that, but I assume there's a good reason for it!

RE: Wednesday away - bluetagagain - 18-02-2022

Fvck Sky viewers, that’s the problem with football at the moment. Sky and it’s millions have ruined the game. If you want to watch football get your arse of your seat and support your local club. If you live abroad etc use iFollow .

RE: Wednesday away - foxleyblue - 18-02-2022

(17-02-2022, 11:27 PM)Rocketman Wrote:
(17-02-2022, 10:15 PM)BilltheCat Wrote:

No, because I am currently 5000 miles away. But when I'm back, as I will be soon, I have a 4-hour journey just for home games, and when I go to away games I get up whatever time is needed. Somehow I manage to do it without moaning.

5000 miles??
That's only a couple of plane flights. lol
Where's your loyalty? Big Grin

RE: Wednesday away - Rocketman - 18-02-2022

(18-02-2022, 03:20 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: 5000 miles??

Smile I have a season ticket for FP and an international season pass for iFollow so I get to see/enjoy/suffer pretty much every game. I'm also looking forward to our 8th appearance in 15 years at Wembley this year  Shy

(18-02-2022, 04:31 PM)Rocketman Wrote:
(18-02-2022, 03:20 PM)foxleyblue Wrote: 5000 miles??

Smile I have a season ticket for FP and an international season pass for iFollow so I get to see/enjoy/suffer pretty much every game. I'm also looking forward to our 8th appearance in 15 years at Wembley this year  Shy

Ha ha, only joking. Our overseas supporters are to be applauded (as have all the supporters Big Grin)