TrueBlueArmy Forums
training pitches - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: training pitches (/showthread.php?tid=1557)

training pitches - Hammie - 17-02-2022

Cowley is in the news whinging about them. Should that not be something quietly discussed behind closed doors. Roko is clearly on the list to be improved and those pitches are not exactly ancient. Not to mention a very wet week in the middle of two names storms. 
Having said that, what is the pitch like at Crewe? If it is anything other than perfect then a training pitch with some give in it sounds perfect preparation for most away games in league one.

RE: training pitches - BlueArmy - 17-02-2022

Most of the players aren't good enough. Nothing to do with the pitches.

You're right he shouldn't be moaning about this stuff in public.

RE: training pitches - Cunninglinguist - 18-02-2022

I'm sure Tornante won't be upset about him moaning. It's clear to see that work needs to be done but they can't work miracles and solve it overnight.
I would think it's going to be a lot worse after today's weather.

RE: training pitches - slayer - 18-02-2022

It's actually better IMO if the pitches are shit, they then match the quality they can expect on match day.

RE: training pitches - Hammie - 18-02-2022

(18-02-2022, 09:50 AM)scumslayer Wrote: It's actually better IMO if the pitches are shit, they then match the quality they can expect on match day.

as long as they are not clearing shit off like in the old days 
they do not know how lucky they are!

RE: training pitches - Pompeyloyal - 18-02-2022

Have the pitches been left to deteriorate or was the initial install/prep not good enough

RE: training pitches - DeepBlue - 18-02-2022

(18-02-2022, 10:50 AM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: Have the pitches been left to deteriorate or was the initial install/prep not good enough

Why turn everything into something to criticise the club with ? Surely the ptiches have been there for years, before the club bought the land.  Nothing wrong with them 90% of the time, but turns out they do not handle excessive rain well enough. 

As for criticising DC for wanting to improve them ... what is that all about ???

RE: training pitches - Pompeyloyal - 18-02-2022

(18-02-2022, 11:17 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(18-02-2022, 10:50 AM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: Have the pitches been left to deteriorate or was the initial install/prep not good enough

Why turn everything into something to criticise the club with ? Surely the ptiches have been there for years, before the club bought the land.  Nothing wrong with them 90% of the time, but turns out they do not handle excessive rain well enough. 

As for criticising DC for wanting to improve them ... what is that all about ???

I am merely wandering if the pitches weren’t prepared properly when initially put down or have they been left to deteriorate through lack of funding

RE: training pitches - Rick Pumpkin - 18-02-2022

(18-02-2022, 12:21 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote:

I am merely wandering if the pitches weren’t prepared properly when initially put down or have they been left to deteriorate through lack of funding

Or maybe the ground got a bit wet in the rain and more fell than could be drained off.

RE: training pitches - DeepBlue - 18-02-2022

Yes, but surely the Eisner's have enough money to stop it raining ???

They should have bought more sunshine ... they have no idea.

RE: training pitches - TBP - 18-02-2022

(18-02-2022, 10:26 AM)Hammie Wrote:
(18-02-2022, 09:50 AM)scumslayer Wrote: It's actually better IMO if the pitches are shit, they then match the quality they can expect on match day.

as long as they are not clearing shit off like in the old days 
they do not know how lucky they are!

Ah yes, the run of excrement up the thigh from a sliding tackle.

RE: training pitches - exterminator - 18-02-2022

(18-02-2022, 12:21 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote:

As  member of Roko since it was built I have seen the progress with  the current training pitches which at the  front were originally " park pitches".

When PFC started leasing them from Roko they spent thousands  on earthworks, digging down, replacing the top metre with soil/ sand etc, it must have taken them a good 8/9 months before PC's team started training on them. 

Since then I can assure you that during the season and in particular every summer those pitches have had proper maintenance on them. I cant really comment on the more recent pitches at the back but they  originally thoroughly  prepared around 2 years ago.

The front  pitches were fine for PC & KJ, I don't remember this tosh being brought up by them. It is a load of old bull by Cowley IMHO - getting the "excuses in early for some of the abysmal performances by the team and quite possibly the failure to get to play offs or promotion.