TrueBlueArmy Forums
Can anyone find some positives - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Can anyone find some positives (/showthread.php?tid=156)

Can anyone find some positives - ForeverPompey - 26-01-2021

Need some optimism from somewhere. Typical January capitulation with anonymous loan players coming in. After Saturday we will have played some of the top teams twice but we will also be quite a way off the pace. Curtis and Harness seem to have given up playing. Can Jacobs make any impact this season or is he another overhyped failure? Can KJ find the enthusiasm to unfold his arms and stop chewing that ***** gum all evening?

RE: Can anyone find some positives - Northstander - 26-01-2021

Sadly I cant thinik of one positive tonight

RE: Can anyone find some positives - 66zoolane - 26-01-2021

I'll give it a go. It happened later in January than usual so we only had time to f it up for a short period. We're still in there, it's February next week, and we were looking great before this weekend.

RE: Can anyone find some positives - Gerry Hatrick - 26-01-2021

Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From the other thread....

"Reality check.
In 2015/16, when we won League One, we had a point LESS than we have now (after 23 games).
Only half-way, folks.
Keep the faith."

RE: Can anyone find some positives - ForeverPompey - 26-01-2021

(26-01-2021, 09:53 PM)66zoolane Wrote: I'll give it a go. It happened later in January than usual so we only had time to f it up for a short period. We're still in there, it's February next week, and we were looking great before this weekend.

Excellent! Thanks!!

RE: Can anyone find some positives - Cowespompey - 26-01-2021

Roll on the end of the season so we can see the last of jackett . A nearly man that’ll never get us promoted.

RE: Can anyone find some positives - Cowespompey - 26-01-2021

(26-01-2021, 09:05 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: Need some optimism from somewhere. Typical January capitulation with anonymous loan players coming in. After Saturday we will have played some of the top teams twice but we will also be quite a way off the pace. Curtis and Harness seem to have given up playing. Can Jacobs make any impact this season or is he another overhyped failure? Can KJ find the enthusiasm to unfold his arms and stop chewing that ***** gum all evening?

How can jacobs be an over hyped failure when jackett won’t start him

RE: Can anyone find some positives - Bedhamptonblue69 - 26-01-2021

(26-01-2021, 10:22 PM)Cowespompey Wrote:
(26-01-2021, 09:05 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: Need some optimism from somewhere. Typical January capitulation with anonymous loan players coming in. After Saturday we will have played some of the top teams twice but we will also be quite a way off the pace. Curtis and Harness seem to have given up playing. Can Jacobs make any impact this season or is he another overhyped failure? Can KJ find the enthusiasm to unfold his arms and stop chewing that ***** gum all evening?

It’s january , we are in a good position , going well ...Then it starts going wrong again . Eisner must have been on the phone on Friday night

RE: Can anyone find some positives - Pedalo_menders - 26-01-2021

If we DONT get promoted, Kenny is gone. It’s not a positive as such, more a silver lining.

RE: Can anyone find some positives - Pompey_in_Derby - 26-01-2021

Pompey going to appeal Jack's red - I didn't think it was a foul.

If we win the appeal then I'd consider that a positive.

RE: Can anyone find some positives - slayer - 27-01-2021

A positive: Daniels looks absolute quality

RE: Can anyone find some positives - ForeverPompey - 27-01-2021

(26-01-2021, 10:22 PM)Cowespompey Wrote:

That may be true but we’ve seen a fair amount of him in patches this season and I can only remember one moment of quality from him so far. Admittedly he’s no left winger and shouldn’t be asked to play there.

RE: Can anyone find some positives - ForeverPompey - 27-01-2021

(26-01-2021, 11:21 PM)Pompey_in_Derby Wrote: Pompey going to appeal Jack's red - I didn't think it was a foul.

If we win the appeal then I'd consider that a positive.

True! If we lose an appeal does he get an extra match ban? Does that rule still exist?

RE: Can anyone find some positives - Isaac Hunt - 27-01-2021

We were robbed last night.I am positive.
And anyway I would much rather be just behind the leaders waiting to pounce a la Cookie at the last minute.

As Roger in Gosport says about 10 times every match....keep the faith

RE: Can anyone find some positives - TheSyrup - 27-01-2021

The only positive I can think of is the fact that we are another game closer to getting rid of this tactically inept manager, I have on many occasions thought that we should stick with him, well that is certainly no longer the case.
When you think back to the loss to Coventry being 3-0 up and them being down to 9 men and substituting a striker for another defender had definitely been the most bizarre thing I have ever seen in football.It felt like mentally surrendering to a team instead of making your advantage count and attempting to score more goals.
The mad idea of dropping naylor in the play offs.
The idea that if you go a goal ahead early in a game then defending so deep and inviting the relentless attacks until an equaliser is scored and then just plainly hanging on for a draw.
The last but not least was on Saturday against hull , they were 1 down to an own goal but not particularly outclassed and making 2 very strange substitutions and then going on to be totally outclassed.
Last night setting up to just pump the ball up to Marquis from anywhere is just not good enough instead of passing and moving.
I have had enough of those tactics and if the manager won’t change them then they have to change the manager.

RE: Can anyone find some positives - Tomsk - 27-01-2021

I'm always positive me! We were going along nicely and then got bummed by Hull, and last night 10 men lost by a single goal to the league leaders. We've lost 2 in a row and you'd think it's the end of the world. We're still up there, blub ye not

RE: Can anyone find some positives - Wightblue - 27-01-2021

I thought the Daniels corner was brilliant, I hope that it wasn’t just a one off, if it isn’t then we need to take advantage of his pin point placement (which we didn’t last night).

Start him against Charlton !

RE: Can anyone find some positives - exgaffer - 27-01-2021

Yes, I wasn’t allowed to attend the last two home games.

Daniels looks decent too.

Roll on the end of Jackett’s tenure, then I’m sure there will be a lot more positives to be found.

RE: Can anyone find some positives - Pangus - 27-01-2021

Positive No. 1, In that great recent run recently Williams, Cannon and Marquis were outstanding in attack, Whatmough and Raggett were majestic at the back .
Negative No. 1, In the last 2 home games these five key figures have been poor in attack and defence.

The key is inconsistency in performances and its a killer for any club. We don't have the players who can perform consistently for any length of time. I suppose they wouldn't be playing in League One if they could.

What is frustrating for me season by season also is to constantly have a stream of 'hand me down' loan players turning up, other than the odd one like Thompson, and contributing absolutely nothing. Why can't Jackett build a squad at the start of the season, allowing for injuries and suspensions, and stick with it and not have to keep plugging holes all season.

RE: Can anyone find some positives - bluetagagain - 27-01-2021

Raggett majestic !!!!!!! somebody call the nurse.