TrueBlueArmy Forums
Mackems Despair - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Mackems Despair (/showthread.php?tid=1562)

Mackems Despair - mikey393 - 19-02-2022

Just came across this link on Talk Sport: 

Sunderland fans left feeling 'misled and lied to' as ownership revelation involving Kyril Louis-Dreyfus and Stewart Donald emerges (talksport.com)

It seems the young Billionaire's son Kyril only owns 41% of the club so No controlling interest.

So another example of fans being promised on ething & being delivered something else.

The fans feel misled & very unhappy with things.

RE: Mackems Despair - exgaffer - 19-02-2022

(19-02-2022, 01:45 PM)mikey393 Wrote: Just came across this link on Talk Sport: 

Sunderland fans left feeling 'misled and lied to' as ownership revelation involving Kyril Louis-Dreyfus and Stewart Donald emerges (talksport.com)

It seems the young Billionaire's son Kyril only owns 41% of the club so No controlling interest.

So another example of fans being promised on ething & being delivered something else.

Poor Mackems, much hand wringing and gnashing of teeth up there no doubt  Smile .

RE: Mackems Despair - mikey393 - 19-02-2022

(19-02-2022, 01:52 PM)exgaffer Wrote:
(19-02-2022, 01:45 PM)mikey393 Wrote: Just came across this link on Talk Sport: 

Poor Mackems, much hand wringing and gnashing of teeth up there no doubt  Smile .

Definitely Gaffer the forums will be in melt down yet again once they know the full story.

Another reason Roy Keane pulled out & of course +  his reported wage demand of £2-3M per year!

Johnson was on a reported £500K.

RE: Mackems Despair - Isaac Hunt - 19-02-2022

Dropping like a stone

RE: Mackems Despair - Pedalo_menders - 19-02-2022

They are a bunch of hysterical tarts but in this instance I think the outrage is warranted. I never understand why owners aren't more open with their strategy.

If they had said at the beginning, that the stake enabled greater investment to move the club out of the league it wouldn't have gone down as badly as finding out like this.

Just shows you don't have to be particularly clever or a good strategic thinker to make money.

RE: Mackems Despair - slayer - 19-02-2022

I am bemused by this news as much as their reaction to it.

Donald literally says in their Netflix documentary that it is £4M a go per season and he needs to find investors to share that cost with him.

RE: Mackems Despair - mikey393 - 20-02-2022

(19-02-2022, 08:53 PM)scumslayer Wrote: I am bemused by this news as much as their reaction to it.

Donald literally says in their Netflix documentary that it is £4M a go per season and he needs to find investors to share that cost with him.

The idea was that they get promoted this season which looks likely at present.

Donald & the other Director with £5M invested double there money & sell out.

RE: Mackems Despair - DeepBlue - 20-02-2022

(20-02-2022, 12:28 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(19-02-2022, 08:53 PM)scumslayer Wrote: I am bemused by this news as much as their reaction to it.

The idea was that they get promoted this season which looks likely at present.

Donald & the other Director with £5M invested double there money & sell out.

Looks likely ????   They are out of the play-offs and in freefall with one win in the last nine (against us).  Thye might just about make the play-offs but promotion looks anything but likely.

RE: Mackems Despair - mikey393 - 20-02-2022

Apologies I meant to put Unlikely. Typing too fast......