TrueBlueArmy Forums
Jacobs cruciate injury - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Jacobs cruciate injury (/showthread.php?tid=1565)

Jacobs cruciate injury - Gerry Hatrick - 20-02-2022

Cowley hopeful it's 'only' for a few weeks, acc to the News. I would say that puts paid to any play-off hopes.

RE: Jacobs cruciate injury - Hammie - 20-02-2022

did we have any realistic play off hopes this season?

RE: Jacobs cruciate injury - Cunninglinguist - 20-02-2022

We had a glorious run of games before Christmas. How many did Jacobs play?

RE: Jacobs cruciate injury - Jizbag - 20-02-2022

It also says that Ragget and Reeco have picked up minor injuries too. We get a lot of injuries due to training. It's very questionable imho.

RE: Jacobs cruciate injury - Jizbag - 20-02-2022

(20-02-2022, 09:11 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: We had a glorious run of games before Christmas. How many did Jacobs play?

Hardly glorious. Did you watch the Gillingham match? He came on as sub and scored at the death. The rest of the game was shite.

RE: Jacobs cruciate injury - Hammie - 20-02-2022

is this why NC had the hump about the training pitches?

RE: Jacobs cruciate injury - briefcase_wanchor - 20-02-2022

(20-02-2022, 09:28 AM)Jizbag Wrote: It also says that Ragget and Reeco have picked up minor injuries too. We get a lot of injuries due to training. It's very questionable imho.

Agreed.  Being the team with the highest press in English football seems to come at a huge expense injury wise.  Of the top 3 "pressers", Leeds also seem to experience a lot of injuries, Liverpool less so.

(20-02-2022, 09:29 AM)Jizbag Wrote:
(20-02-2022, 09:11 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: We had a glorious run of games before Christmas. How many did Jacobs play?

Hardly glorious. Did you watch the Gillingham match? He came on as sub and scored at the death. The rest of the game was shite.

So that's one game. 

Thanks for playing, Jiz.

Any others?

RE: Jacobs cruciate injury - DeepBlue - 20-02-2022

(20-02-2022, 08:42 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Cowley hopeful it's 'only' for a few weeks, acc to the News. I would say that puts paid to any play-off hopes.

Has he ever started more than three games in a row for us without picking up an injury ?  

You can't build a team around someone who is that fragile.

RE: Jacobs cruciate injury - Gerry Hatrick - 20-02-2022

Yes, looks like wear and tear is beginning to catch up on him. I notice that he has averaged a 64% appearance rate per season since 2010. Not sure how that stands against the average pro but it would appear his appearances have only dramatically dropped since he's been with us.

RE: Jacobs cruciate injury - Rick Pumpkin - 20-02-2022

(20-02-2022, 11:05 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:

So that's one game. 

Thanks for playing, Jiz.

Any others?

Cunn, I don't know how many of those games you attended but with the exception of the backs-to-the-wall Wycombe game and Lincoln away, the rest were absolutely dire performances from Pompey.  Seriously, I can't remember much of anything about those other games other than being outnumbered by Harrow supporters at Staggeringly pre-game and my brother sneezing into his coffee during the Bolton game.  That's how poor they were.

OK, we got a number of points from them and into the next round of the cup against the mighty Harrow, but be honest moosh, it was like watching pub football most of the time.

RE: Jacobs cruciate injury - Rick Pumpkin - 20-02-2022

(20-02-2022, 11:19 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(20-02-2022, 08:42 AM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: Cowley hopeful it's 'only' for a few weeks, acc to the News. I would say that puts paid to any play-off hopes.

Has he ever started more than three games in a row for us without picking up an injury ?  

You can't build a team around someone who is that fragile.

You'll have to click through for yourself but on the basis of just hitting a few random games you may well be correct.

21/22 Jacobs' appearances

RE: Jacobs cruciate injury - Pompeyloyal - 20-02-2022

Jacobs is made of glass - never fully fit

RE: Jacobs cruciate injury - bluetagagain - 20-02-2022

DC said the injury occurred in an un-opposed (?) training session on Thursday. No mention of the training pitches etc. It could've happened in the gym.

RE: Jacobs cruciate injury - mikey393 - 20-02-2022

Let's hope it's only a couple of games as he's by far our best creative player.

(20-02-2022, 12:19 PM)mikey393 Wrote: Let's hope it's only a couple of games as he's by far our best creative player.

Indeed.  And so important to the team that he needs to be moved on in the summer and replaced by a more reliable creative player. I wonder who we might have got if he had got the move to Ipswich he wanted.

(20-02-2022, 12:19 PM)mikey393 Wrote: Let's hope it's only a couple of games as he's by far our best creative player.

Indeed.  And so important to the team that he needs to be moved on in the summer and replaced by a more reliable creative player. I wonder who we might have got if he had got the move to Ipswich he wanted.

(20-02-2022, 11:53 AM)Rick Pumpkin Wrote:
(20-02-2022, 11:05 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote:

So that's one game. 

Thanks for playing, Jiz.

Any others?

Cunn, I don't know how many of those games you attended but with the exception of the backs-to-the-wall Wycombe game and Lincoln away, the rest were absolutely dire performances from Pompey.  Seriously, I can't remember much of anything about those other games other than being outnumbered by Harrow supporters at Staggeringly pre-game and my brother sneezing into his coffee during the Bolton game.  That's how poor they were.

OK, we got a number of points from them and into the next round of the cup against the mighty Harrow, but be honest moosh, it was like watching pub football most of the time.

Not disputing it really. Reminds me of our cup run to wembley…..HTF??????

We are a mediocre side though capable of beating,or losing, to anyone. 

I think Jacobs is a creative player but nothing exceptional. He just highlights how ordinary our other ‘creative’ players are.

RE: Jacobs cruciate injury - TBP - 20-02-2022

Once again, huge question-marks against the medical and fitness staff.

RE: Jacobs cruciate injury - slayer - 20-02-2022

His Pompey career is over, as is our season. Enjoy the pre and post match beers, that's all there is in it for us now

That’s the rule for the majority of football fans across the country, isn’t it?

It ain’t so bad and if you look back on your past, following Pompey, that’s exactly what it has consisted of.

We’re still here!

RE: Jacobs cruciate injury - mikey393 - 21-02-2022

(20-02-2022, 04:18 PM)scumslayer Wrote: His Pompey career is over, as is our season. Enjoy the pre and post match beers, that's all there is in it for us now

Cheer up! It doesn't sound like the injury is that bad picked up in training on Thursday doing a routine work out.

He really is the main cog in the team at present.

Interesting stat from the Snooze shows out of our last 6 goals he either scored or assisted.

That's a pretty compelling fact for the Non-doubters.

But will need to shuffle the pack for the next few games to keep the attacking intent in flow.

RE: Jacobs cruciate injury - Hammie - 21-02-2022

one thing to be said for Curtis and Harness, they stay available almost every game.
Maybe with half the season off they would be more creative when they play?

RE: Jacobs cruciate injury - mikey393 - 21-02-2022

(21-02-2022, 11:57 AM)mikey393 Wrote:
(20-02-2022, 04:18 PM)scumslayer Wrote: His Pompey career is over, as is our season. Enjoy the pre and post match beers, that's all there is in it for us now

Cheer up! It doesn't sound like the injury is that bad picked up in training on Thursday doing a routine work out.

He really is the main cog in the team at present.

Interesting stat from the Snooze shows out of our last 6 goals he either scored or assisted.

That's a pretty compelling fact for the Non-doubters.

But will need to shuffle the pack for the next few games to keep the attacking intent in flow.

In 5 of them!