TrueBlueArmy Forums
Walker and Hirst - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Walker and Hirst (/showthread.php?tid=1579)

Walker and Hirst - dsmg - 23-02-2022

Hirst is getting better and better, except for the one thing he should be doing, putting that round thing in the back of the net. Since he’s been with us he must have missed about five sitters. I reckon he’ll get it right before too long. His hold up play, speed and linking are excellent. 
Walker on the other hand has done absolutely nothing yet.  In fact yesterday was the first time I’ve actually seen him make a positive contribution with one little run and pass just inside their half. At least he got a shot or two off last night although in the second instance maybe he should have passed. What annoys me is that while Hirst makes a real effort busting a gut to harry and challenge, Walker just tends to amble around. Ok, it’s early days but I’m very underwhelmed by Walker.

RE: Walker and Hirst - ForeverPompey - 23-02-2022

Agree completely.

RE: Walker and Hirst - Cunninglinguist - 23-02-2022

I really want Hirst to succeed. His effort and control was superb last night…….and then he misses sitters and gives away the ball from easy passes. Very frustrating.

RE: Walker and Hirst - Pompeyloyal - 23-02-2022

I say let the players play pressure free - as a fanbase let change & really start supporting the players we have

Onwards

RE: Walker and Hirst - Isaac Hunt - 23-02-2022

(23-02-2022, 11:34 AM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: I say let the players play pressure free - as a  fanbase let change & really start supporting the players we have

Onwards

Very hard to change the habits of 60 years

RE: Walker and Hirst - Pedalo_menders - 23-02-2022

Its an odd one. Do we keep plugging away with the same failing strikers? Do we keep hunting for one that clicks (maybe, just maybe that is O'brien?) Or do we accept that any striker we sign is going to fail so may as well get a cheap one?

Lots of options lol

RE: Walker and Hirst - Tomsk - 23-02-2022

I think habits have changed, particularly more recently Isaac. In days gone by if things weren't good you'd probably give it some at the game and have a good old moan down the pub but generally go with it. These days people expect instant results - we see it on here too where players are rubbished and written of before being given a chance - and if things aren't going well we have mongs spewing venom and hatred at all and sundry on social media.

RE: Walker and Hirst - Hammie - 23-02-2022

Watching O'Brien live for the first time last night, he added some mobility enthusiasm and crucially can finish. Handy that he is our own player, not on loan and would presumably take an extension offer if we decide to try and keep him.
Walker does not run around like some we've had, that might not be a reason to ditch him. He also has not missed any sitters so far. With his record he is probably worth persevering with, but if he's only here til May and keeps underwhelming us, he ain't going to get many starts.