TrueBlueArmy Forums
Tyler Walker - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Tyler Walker (/showthread.php?tid=1589)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Tyler Walker - Pompeyloyal - 02-03-2022

(01-03-2022, 04:12 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: 'Help those that help themselves' is always a reasonable motto. If he actually tries tonight instead of wandering around the pitch smiling at his bank balance then everyone will get behind him. One more 'can't be bothered' performance then he deserves all the flack that comes his way.

Micheal Smith tried (although a few insisted he actually didn’t ffs) - he was still deemed not good enough for league 2 thou - so it doesn’t always work out

RE: Tyler Walker - ForeverPompey - 02-03-2022

(02-03-2022, 11:34 AM)Pompeyloyal Wrote:
(01-03-2022, 04:12 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: 'Help those that help themselves' is always a reasonable motto. If he actually tries tonight instead of wandering around the pitch smiling at his bank balance then everyone will get behind him. One more 'can't be bothered' performance then he deserves all the flack that comes his way.

Micheal Smith tried (although a few insisted he actually didn’t ffs) - he was still deemed not good enough for league 2 thou - so it doesn’t always work out

You're right - that's very true in his case. Point well made!

(02-03-2022, 11:56 AM)ForeverPompey Wrote:
(02-03-2022, 11:34 AM)Pompeyloyal Wrote:

You're right - that's very true in his case. Point well made!

Yet some claimed Tubbs should play every minute

RE: Tyler Walker - ForeverPompey - 02-03-2022

Struggling to remember much about Tubbs. I think he got a hat trick at Cambridge but other than that...

RE: Tyler Walker - Isaac Hunt - 02-03-2022

Did we do wrong in criticizing Marquis ?

RE: Tyler Walker - slayer - 02-03-2022

I don't accept that we are all newbreeders with no patience. That's shit - we have never, ever tolerated strollers, and that goes back to when I started during the Deacon years. I am sure some more vintage members will attest that this policy goes back far earlier than that.

I remember when Toddy 1st signed - only had a couple/3 games the season before we went up I think??? - & a fair few said he wasn’t good enough lol

(02-03-2022, 02:57 PM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: Did we do wrong in criticizing Marquis ?

We had good long look at Marquis - he will score goals at this level but I don’t think he’s a league 1/champ yo-yo player - league 1 is his level I reckon

RE: Tyler Walker - bluetagagain - 03-03-2022

Did we do wrong in criticising Marquis?
No he was shit and couldn’t play any role successfully. We’re well rid IMO

RE: Tyler Walker - Isaac Hunt - 03-03-2022

(03-03-2022, 09:39 AM)bluetagagain Wrote: Did we do wrong in criticising Marquis?
No he was shit and couldn’t play any role successfully. We’re well rid IMO

That certainly was my opinion, and one that I had when watching him play his first game for us.

RE: Tyler Walker - Pedalo_menders - 03-03-2022

I think we backed marquis for a very long time. It was only this season really where the goals completely dried up. He missed sitter after sitter, then the confidence dried up and so did chances created.

A useful L1 striker but failed to improve under Cowley

RE: Tyler Walker - bluetagagain - 03-03-2022

I think we backed him for too long and he was shit when he was on loan. We never should’ve wasted anywhere near £1M on him

RE: Tyler Walker - briefcase_wanchor - 03-03-2022

For those (very few) on here who defend Tyler Walker's attitude and contribution, I have 2 words - Aiden O'Brien.

RE: Tyler Walker - Pompeyg100 - 03-03-2022

(03-03-2022, 01:00 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: For those (very few) on here who defend Tyler Walker's attitude and contribution, I have 2 words - Aiden O'Brien.

Indeed, you don’t bring a player in in January so they can take 10 games to settle. Defeats the point.

RE: Tyler Walker - Pompeyloyal - 03-03-2022

(03-03-2022, 01:54 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(03-03-2022, 01:00 PM)briefcase_wanchor Wrote: For those (very few) on here who defend Tyler Walker's attitude and contribution, I have 2 words - Aiden O'Brien.

Indeed, you don’t bring a player in in January so they can take 10 games to settle. Defeats the point.

Ideally yes - that must be the ultimate aim you’d imagine

RE: Tyler Walker - Pompeyloyal - 05-03-2022

I wonder how many ‘online’ managers were abusing/dissin Hirst a few weeks back - sometimes it takes players a while to get on top of things

Anyway Walker can relax for a couple of days at least - we can all ruin Harness now as he is this weeks scapegoat

Top fans ?

RE: Tyler Walker - Pompeyg100 - 05-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 05:58 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: I wonder how many ‘online’ managers were abusing/dissin Hirst a few weeks back - sometimes it takes players a while to get on top of things

Anyway Walker can relax for a couple of days at least - we can all ruin Harness now as he is this weeks scapegoat

Top fans ?

Loyal, you sound like you’ve watched for football for a few months. Fans of every club discuss their players and always have. Calm yourself down.

(05-03-2022, 06:56 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 05:58 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: I wonder how many ‘online’ managers were abusing/dissin Hirst a few weeks back - sometimes it takes players a while to get on top of things

Top fans ?

Loyal, you sound like you’ve watched for football for a few months. Fans of every club discuss their players and always have. Calm yourself down.

I take your opinion onboard as you’ve got as much chance of being right as I have innit 

In my defence I would argue that some fans opinions on the likes of Hirst & M.Smith were more than just at ‘discussioning’ level - some extremely strong tweets/posts were expressed 

My main point thou is that we as a fanbase should actually give players a decent crack/amount of time try supporting our players & see how that goes down - as I’ve already stated (somewhere/elsewhere) that abusing/dissin players has never ever ever ever improved a player - barring Hirst maybe lol

(05-03-2022, 07:13 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote:

Top fans ?

I take your opinion onboard as you’ve got as much chance of being right as I have innit 

In my defence I would argue that some fans opinions on the likes of Hirst & M.Smith were more than just at ‘discussioning’ level - some extremely strong tweets/posts were expressed 

My main point thou is that we as a fanbase should actually give players a decent crack/amount of time try supporting our players & see how that goes down - as I’ve already stated (somewhere/elsewhere) that abusing/dissin players has never ever ever ever improved a player - barring Hirst maybe lol
Hirst was sh1t so people said he was sh1t, Walker has been even worse and didn’t even look like he was trying.

I think you are worrying about it more than the players are.

(05-03-2022, 07:42 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 07:13 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote:

Top fans ?

Hirst was sh1t so people said he was sh1t, Walker has been even worse and didn’t even look like he was trying.

I think you are worrying about it more than the players are.

You appear to be pretty opinionated & a little frisky - I presume your young & Shanted up 

I am chilling right out with a nice smile after two stunning 4 nils 

Shant on!

You presume wrong on both counts. You seem very strange and have a limited understanding of football fans across the world.

(05-03-2022, 09:43 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: You presume wrong on both counts. You seem very strange and have a limited understanding of football fans across the world.

Someone of age/life experience would surely be far more open to a normal debate,without being rather chirpy - you rushed in for the jugular somewhat 

Maybe your just a coont - who knows 

I’m a north stand regular 1st game 1976 - NSL block H row H seat 175 actually   - unfortunately now 52 years young 

Never pretended not to be strange moosh

I’m not quite sure what has upset you so much, could be the menopause I guess. You don’t debate, you’ve posted the same thing on multiple threads for the last week. I didn’t rush in for the jugular, you’re behaving like an old woman.

Oi less of the old if you don’t mind mr100

Ps at this present moment in time I’m jolly long way from being ‘upset’ rest assured my friend

RE: Tyler Walker - Isaac Hunt - 06-03-2022

For anyones information...Pompeyloyal is a bit of a legend