TrueBlueArmy Forums
Neil Allen Ratings - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Neil Allen Ratings (/showthread.php?tid=1597)

Neil Allen Ratings - mikey393 - 26-02-2022

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/pompey-ratings-v-fleetwood-match-to-forget-grabbed-game-by-scruff-of-the-neck-3587895

These sound about right from match commentary on Sky Sports. Reeco - 4 & Walker - 6 were both pretty dreadful even though Walker hit a post 2nd half. Curtis got 9 & MOM. What does someone who went think?

RE: Neil Allen Ratings - PompeyDB - 26-02-2022

(26-02-2022, 06:07 PM)mikey393 Wrote: https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/pompey-ratings-v-fleetwood-match-to-forget-grabbed-game-by-scruff-of-the-neck-3587895

These sound about right from match commentary on Sky Sports. Reeco - 4 & Walker - 6 were both pretty dreadful even though Walker hit a post 2nd half. Curtis got 9 & MOM. What does someone who went think?

9 out of 10 for Curtis is rather generous.

RE: Neil Allen Ratings - Hammie - 26-02-2022

6 for a keeper who lets in 3 is generous too.

RE: Neil Allen Ratings - DeepBlue - 26-02-2022

(26-02-2022, 06:26 PM)PompeyDB Wrote:
(26-02-2022, 06:07 PM)mikey393 Wrote: https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/pompey-ratings-v-fleetwood-match-to-forget-grabbed-game-by-scruff-of-the-neck-3587895

I'd go ...

Bazanu 5  Should have saved the third goal 
Carter 7 Looked as good at right back as CB and got forward well 
Raggett 7 Usual solid game 
Robertson 8  Good at the back and some superb distribution in the second half
Hume 5 Didn't look nearly as comfortable at left back as he did as wing back, and all three goals came down his side
Tunnicliffe 4  Very poor, looked lazy and only played simple passes  
Morrell 7 Thought he played a bit too deep and was over-used as an outlet from defence, but he ran the game for us
Hackett 4 Number 10 role should suit him better than the wing back he has been recently, but he just kept losing the ball
Harness 5   No end product from his crosses, would have been better in Hackett's role 
Walker 6 usual invisible first half but much improved in second and very unlucky not to open his account with either his point blank header somehow kept out, and unlucky to see his goal ruled out for offside. 
Curtis 8 Looked much happier back in his left-side role, cutting in and looked really up for to today. Stupid booking though and he will be missed in the next two games. 

subs
O'Brien 7  Took his goal well and should start on Tuesday 
Hirst 4 Failed in vital moments ... missed one easy opportunity to square it for Walker and how did he miss the goal by so much with a header from 4 years out. 

Cowley  10 out 10 for the changes he made during the game but 3 out 10 for the team he started with. Could not understand why he should change to a back 4 after 3 wins, but deserves credit for brave subsitutions which essentially left us playing with a back two. Probably two more than we needed with Fleetwoods refusal to leave their half in the second half.    Pleased to hear he was very critical of the team in his  post match interview rather then just praising the comeback, because at the end of the day we dropped two points against a very beatable side.

RE: Neil Allen Ratings - ForeverPompey - 26-02-2022

Curtis was excellent and totally committed, saved us from defeat. Harness poor. Walker absolute shite. Baz dreadful. Morrell terrible first half but improved. Hackett completely useless throughout and Hume awful.

RE: Neil Allen Ratings - Pompeyg100 - 26-02-2022

(26-02-2022, 07:46 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(26-02-2022, 06:26 PM)PompeyDB Wrote:

I'd go ...

Bazanu 5  Should have saved the third goal 
Carter 7 Looked as good at right back as CB and got forward well 
Raggett 7 Usual solid game 
Robertson 8  Good at the back and some superb distribution in the second half
Hume 5 Didn't look nearly as comfortable at left back as he did as wing back, and all three goals came down his side
Tunnicliffe 4  Very poor, looked lazy and only played simple passes  
Morrell 7 Thought he played a bit too deep and was over-used as an outlet from defence, but he ran the game for us
Hackett 4 Number 10 role should suit him better than the wing back he has been recently, but he just kept losing the ball
Harness 5   No end product from his crosses, would have been better in Hackett's role 
Walker 6 usual invisible first half but much improved in second and very unlucky not to open his account with either his point blank header somehow kept out, and unlucky to see his goal ruled out for offside. 
Curtis 8 Looked much happier back in his left-side role, cutting in and looked really up for to today. Stupid booking though and he will be missed in the next two games. 

subs
O'Brien 7  Took his goal well and should start on Tuesday 
Hirst 4 Failed in vital moments ... missed one easy opportunity to square it for Walker and how did he miss the goal by so much with a header from 4 years out. 

Cowley  10 out 10 for the changes he made during the game but 3 out 10 for the team he started with. Could not understand why he should change to a back 4 after 3 wins, but deserves credit for brave subsitutions which essentially left us playing with a back two. Probably two more than we needed with Fleetwoods refusal to leave their half in the second half.    Pleased to hear he was very critical of the team in his  post match interview rather then just praising the comeback, because at the end of the day we dropped two points against a very beatable side.

Not sure it was brave to make the changes, he was in a no lose situation and a desperate throw of the dice against a side who had given up attacking.  The team should be critical of him for making such a total balls up and changing a winning team and formation.

RE: Neil Allen Ratings - blueandwight - 27-02-2022

In essence it was the 'H' game today.
Hume, Hackett and Harness were all awful.
So was Walker but his name doesn't begin with 'H'!!

RE: Neil Allen Ratings - Isaac Hunt - 27-02-2022

Can´t see how Walker could be rated better than Harness.

RE: Neil Allen Ratings - Kingo - 27-02-2022

What we need is a left back who's good defensively. Oh no, wait a minute.........................

RE: Neil Allen Ratings - Pompeyg100 - 27-02-2022

(27-02-2022, 10:06 AM)Kingo Wrote: What we need is a left back who's good defensively. Oh no, wait a minute.........................

Yeah I thought exactly the same, buy a left wing back, win a few games and then play a back 4 playing the wingback.

Sunderland fans were right.

RE: Neil Allen Ratings - DeepBlue - 27-02-2022

(27-02-2022, 09:09 AM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: Can´t see how Walker could be rated better than Harness.

Harness had two very mediocre halfs. Walker had a good second half after a bad first half., and was very unlucky not to get two goals with his header & then the offisde finish. This was the first time he has looked  sharp in front of goal since signing and that should not be ignored just because people have taken against him. 

RE: Neil Allen Ratings - ForeverPompey - 27-02-2022

I’m sorry but for me there is nothing sharp about Walker. No effort, no instinct and no contribution apart from standing offside when we were in a promising position. So far He is a shocker. We can only hope he raises the enthusiasm to try harder ASAP.

(27-02-2022, 12:06 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: I’m sorry but for me there is nothing sharp about Walker. No effort, no instinct and no contribution apart from standing offside when we were in a promising position. So far He is a shocker. We can only hope he raises the enthusiasm to try harder ASAP.

I'd agree with that.

Until the second half yesterday when he was unlucky not to get his Pompey career going with two goals. 

But I don't think you'll ever see much enthusiasm from him. He appears to be one of those laid back types , but if you watch his you tube compilation he can certainly do 'sharp' in front of goal. 

I don't think Cullen did him any favours by revealing that  his wages are high.

(27-02-2022, 12:14 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(27-02-2022, 12:06 PM)ForeverPompey Wrote: I’m sorry but for me there is nothing sharp about Walker. No effort, no instinct and no contribution apart from standing offside when we were in a promising position. So far He is a shocker. We can only hope he raises the enthusiasm to try harder ASAP.

I'd agree with that.

Until the second half yesterday when he was unlucky not to get his Pompey career going with two goals. 

But I don't think you'll ever see much enthusiasm from him. He appears to be one of those laid back types , but if you watch his you tube compilation he can certainly do 'sharp' in front of goal. 

Lol any wages are too high for his contribution and effort, Cullen is not responsible for Walker being useless and not putting in a shift.

(27-02-2022, 12:36 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

I'd agree with that.

Lol any wages are too high for his contribution and effort, Cullen is not responsible for Walker being useless and not putting in a shift.

What I meant was that if he was a  cheaper player people might be a bit more patient and he may be better without the pressure to perform that that announcement caused. 

I'm not defending his very poor contribution to the team so far.

RE: Neil Allen Ratings - Gerry Hatrick - 27-02-2022

We like players with passion. Look at O'Brien. You can see he's desperate to make his mark and loves scoring goals. Surely Cowley can't drop him again for Tuesday - the start of a month of tough fixtures.

RE: Neil Allen Ratings - dsmg - 27-02-2022

Deep, it’s commendable that you’re defending Walker but he’s literally had 4 goal attempts in 7 matches and looks very lethargic. I’d much rather play other attacking options, especially as they’re available. I have never left a match early and never booed the team. However, criticism of players seems fair to me, after all they’re grown men on very good wages who don’t live a bad life. I just like to see effort.

RE: Neil Allen Ratings - stayinupforever - 27-02-2022

(27-02-2022, 12:52 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: We like players with passion. Look at O'Brien. You can see he's desperate to make his mark and loves scoring goals. Surely Cowley can't drop him again for Tuesday - the start of a month of tough fixtures.

Oh yes he can!

(27-02-2022, 12:41 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(27-02-2022, 12:36 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

I'd agree with that.

What I meant was that if he was a  cheaper player people might be a bit more patient and he may be better without the pressure to perform that that announcement caused. 

I'm not defending his very poor contribution to the team so far.

If he gave a sh1t he would put a shift in, he didn’t before the announcement and he hasn’t after. If his performances had gone down hill then fair enough but they haven’t. Personally I think he and the rest of the team don’t have a clue what’s expected of them or don’t agree with what is expected of them.

He could be playing for free and the fact he continues to play ahead of people who actually try is still unacceptable. Dan Gifford would be better playing.

(27-02-2022, 02:10 PM)stayinupforever Wrote:
(27-02-2022, 12:52 PM)Gerry Hatrick Wrote: We like players with passion. Look at O'Brien. You can see he's desperate to make his mark and loves scoring goals. Surely Cowley can't drop him again for Tuesday - the start of a month of tough fixtures.

Oh yes he can!

Just look at Jacobs ffs!! What a season we could have had.

RE: Neil Allen Ratings - briefcase_wanchor - 27-02-2022

MoM for Pompey yesterday should have been Crainey. The only reason we were able to level was because he completely forwent any idea of attack in the second half. Look how advanced Jaws was for most of the 2nd half.

As for Walker. His header from 3 feet was directed in the only place he couldn't have scored (against the back of the defender) and if he hadn't had a swing at the rebound on the floor then Tunnicliffe was following up for the easiest tap in. Cov were clearly keen to get him off the books. Given his reasonable stats, it makes you wonder what they know that we didn't. DC just needs to accept he's made an expensive error and play his best front line.

RE: Neil Allen Ratings - Hammie - 27-02-2022

Has anyone asked if Walker actually wanted to come here or was told to do so by the Coventry manager?
In fact do any journalists ask any questions these days?