TrueBlueArmy Forums
Team Today - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Team Today (/showthread.php?tid=1625)

Team Today - Who_Am_I? - 05-03-2022

Bazunu
Carter, Raggett, Robertson, Ogilve, Romeo, Thompson, Tunnicliffe, Harness,Hirst, O’Brien

Subs: Webber, Vincent, Hume, Jewitt-White, Mingi, Walker, Morrell

RE: Team Today - Isaac Hunt - 05-03-2022

Vincent and Mingi eh.
Nice to see them on the pitch at some time.

RE: Team Today - Rocketman - 05-03-2022

Why no Morrell in the team?

RE: Team Today - Jizbag - 05-03-2022

Why has he dropped Morrell to the bench?

RE: Team Today - dsmg - 05-03-2022

Tunnicliffe instead of Morrell? No thanks.

RE: Team Today - Isaac Hunt - 05-03-2022

Where are you seeing this?

Me here

RE: Team Today - Pedalo_menders - 05-03-2022

I am really enjoying watching his game.

RE: Team Today - Who_Am_I? - 05-03-2022

I can't think of a game in my lifetime when a team that is down to 10 men have scored 3 goals!

RE: Team Today - DeepBlue - 05-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 02:15 PM)Jizbag Wrote: Why has he dropped Morrell to the bench?

Still think that was wrong ?  Tunnicliffe was immense today.

Funny how no-one moans about rotating the squad when you win 4-0.

Deep, you must admit it was a strange one as Morrell has directed things when he’s played. Tunni very good today though and minor tweaks are a good idea IMHO

RE: Team Today - Bluebob - 05-03-2022

I think what he is trying to do is keep the team fresh we are playing 2 games a week for the next 4 weeks. And Tunnicliffe needs games to get match fit and quite rightly as Deep said he was mom.

RE: Team Today - TBP - 05-03-2022

Ogilvie was better defensively too.

RE: Team Today - DeepBlue - 05-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 06:24 PM)dsmg Wrote: Deep, you must admit it was a strange one as Morrell has directed things when he’s played.  Tunni very good today though and minor tweaks are a good idea IMHO

Yes. It was a strange one.  But he got it absolutely right and proved that sometimes professional managers know more than the fans.

Expect Tunnicliffe & Morrell on Tuesday as it will be Thompson's turn to be rotated.

RE: Team Today - Tomsk - 05-03-2022

Maybe just maybe the PE Teacher does know what he's doing, worth considering

RE: Team Today - Pompeyloyal - 05-03-2022

Cowley must rotate his squad unfortunately - I can’t be alone in thinkin that the lack of numbers is highly likely to be our undoing in this campaign

RE: Team Today - bluetagagain - 06-03-2022

Morrell and Tunni are two different types of midfielder. Morrell is slightly more of a box to box whereas Tunni is more attacking. Nice to have options.

RE: Team Today - Pompey_in_Derby - 06-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 05:06 PM)Who_Am_I? Wrote: I can't think of a game in my lifetime when a team that is down to 10 men have scored 3 goals!

How about the Sammy Igoe show up at Huddersfield?

David Hillier got sent off in the first half, our performance was abject and we were lucky to keep it at 1-0 down.

Second half, on comes Igoe as a super-sub, he absolutely dominates midfield, sets up 2 of our goals and am sure he scored the other for 10 man Pompey to win 3-1.