TrueBlueArmy Forums
Harness - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Harness (/showthread.php?tid=1626)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Harness - dsmg - 05-03-2022

Can’t be arssssssssed

RE: Harness - DeepBlue - 05-03-2022

That was a woooosh then. 

But how quaint that someone thinks can't be arsed is an obscenity.

RE: Harness - mikey393 - 05-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 06:03 PM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 04:20 PM)dsmg Wrote: Ask Deep!

As far as I can see Curtis has never been sent off for us, so don't know where Mikey is coming from. 

37 yellows though. 

(am I the only one that can google stuff ?)

I just Googled it as well & No Red Cards this season so apologies but 10 Yellow Cards already.

He's another ticking time bomb waiting to explode!

RE: Harness - Trarchus - 06-03-2022

Think Marcus has been reckless he should know better.
We need him available not sat in the stands.

How the hell Pell never followed him is a mystery he flew over like a headless chicken and took both legs of our player above the ankles right in front of the linesman.
How was that not dangerous play?

Rather think of positives though, so many players have stepped up.
For me along with Hirst
Ogilvie
Thompson
O'Brien

And it was great to see Robertson getting back to pre injury form.

All in all, a great team effort.

RE: Harness - The Realist - 06-03-2022

What I've enjoyed most this season is watching players with a bit of backbone wearing the shirt again and I've got to give DC some credit for this. Really enjoyed seeing Robertson, Ogilvie, Thompson, O'Brien, Tunnicliffe, Carter, Morrell & Hirst support Raggett and Curtis putting themselves about a bit and not just rolling over.

RE: Harness - bluetagagain - 06-03-2022

It was rash and stupid and he deserved to go,however,the ref was feckin woeful ( & biased) and it wasn't until halfway thu the 2nd half we actually got a our first 50/50 decision from him - complete useless twat.

RE: Harness - Pompey_in_Derby - 06-03-2022

At the time, I thought it was a blatant red for Harness..... and for once, the Fratton End didn't applaud him off after the red!

However, having watched the highlights, I'm not sure it was even a foul.... Harness clearly won the ball!

In contrast, Pell's challenge on Thompson looked far worse and he was nowhere near the ball!

One thing we can all agree on was that the ref was totally useless!

RE: Harness - dsmg - 06-03-2022

Don’t think you’re allowed to wrap both legs round the opponent’s from behind, even if you do win the ball! Maybe in Derby ;-)

RE: Harness - Pompey_in_Derby - 06-03-2022

Watched it yet again ..... a perfectly good tackle!

RE: Harness - Tomsk - 06-03-2022

Watch it again... its a perfectly good red

RE: Harness - Cunninglinguist - 07-03-2022

The manner in which the ball is won is what got the Pollock sent off, PID.
That was a red all day long. Harness made no protest at all. Neither did Cowley.

Yer on yer own, boy.

RE: Harness - DeepBlue - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 05:41 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: The manner in which the ball is won is what got the Pollock sent off, PID.
That was a red all day long. Harness made no protest at all. Neither did Cowley.

Yer on yer own, boy.

From the TV pictures angle it looks a hard tackle from behind that won the ball first but wiped the player out, and that would always be a 50/50 red.  The view that someone filmed from the milton end (or South stand), more like the view the ref had, shows clearly that he tackled with his left and took him violently with his right. An obvious red because it was clearly revenge for the unpunished foul seconds before.  It was that element of revenge that made it a red, which is why the very similar Accrington foul in the second half was only a yellow ... the intent was not the same.

RE: Harness - Cunninglinguist - 07-03-2022

(07-03-2022, 10:58 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(07-03-2022, 05:41 AM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: The manner in which the ball is won is what got the Pollock sent off, PID.

Yer on yer own, boy.

From the TV pictures angle it looks a hard tackle from behind that won the ball first but wiped the player out, and that would always be a 50/50 red.  The view that someone filmed from the milton end (or South stand), more like the view the ref had, shows clearly that he tackled with his left and took him violently with his right. An obvious red because it was clearly revenge for the unpunished foul seconds before.  It was that element of revenge that made it a red, which is why the very similar Accrington foul in the second half was only a yellow ... the intent was not the same.

Chuckle. In a few more words........yeah!

Apparently,. pollock is the default for pillock. Who knew?