TrueBlueArmy Forums
Full time report - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Full time report (/showthread.php?tid=1628)

Full time report - dsmg - 05-03-2022

Great game, and I must admit I wasn't that confident after Harness had another rush of blood to the head

Baz - Couple of smart saves and generally very safe
Carter - Good solid performance, in attack and defence
Raggers - a stalwart as usual and scoring for fun at the moment
Robertson - good game, made a crucial goal saving clearance
Ogilvie - as always, gives his all, strong at the back
Romeo - not at his best but still never gives up and makes good sortees forward and also made a goal saving interception
Tunnicliffe - best game he's had for us and a goal for his efforts
O'Brien - he's won us all over in 5 games. Runs his socks off and is skilful too. Laid Tunni a goal on a plate
Louis Thompson - very good game, winning tackles all over the pitch and has been speaking to his brother
Harness - twat, does that too often, no excuses and he was actually playing well
Hirst - What a great game for him. He's really coming on and is starting to cause teams a lot of problems with his incessant running

Subs - all did ok, Walker getting more involved
I see John Marquis scored two

RE: Full time report - Pedalo_menders - 05-03-2022

It was like rolling back the years today. The team were immense, the crowd was raucous. Back to what I have been craving so badly since our promotion season under Cook.

Playoffs still a longshot but we can certainly enjoy the ride if the team keeps putting in these type of performances.

Buzzing!

RE: Full time report - Pompeyg100 - 05-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 05:19 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: It was like rolling back the years today. The team were immense, the crowd was raucous. Back to what I have been craving so badly since our promotion season under Cook.

Playoffs still a longshot but we can certainly enjoy the ride if the team keeps putting in these type of performances.

Buzzing!

Yet again much less possession and a better result and performance. DC playing possession football all season has cost us.

RE: Full time report - Hermann's_no_hermit - 05-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 05:27 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 05:19 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: It was like rolling back the years today. The team were immense, the crowd was raucous. Back to what I have been craving so badly since our promotion season under Cook.

Buzzing!

Yet again much less possession and a better result and performance. DC playing possession football all season has cost us.

It was a great performance but I don't think there has been any conscious decision by DC to have less possession in the last couple of games - just circumstances have made that happen. Always likely to have less possession against 10 men. I do take the point though that we are getting the ball forward more quickly. I also thought Tunnicliffe had his best game for us and Hirst keeps getting better by the game. Now he is looking so much more confident in front of goal. Loving him and O'Brien playing together though obviously O'Brien had to play deeper because of Harness's moment of madness.

RE: Full time report - TBP - 05-03-2022

Accrington really weren't up for it. They should have got at least one goal.

RE: Full time report - DeepBlue - 05-03-2022

Tunnicliffe was MOTM for me today ... two brilliant corners and a goal and non-stop running in midfield. I was surprised he lasted 90 minutes at that level of running.

No-one had a bad game though (Harness perhaps the only exception, but he was playing well too).

RE: Full time report - TBP - 05-03-2022

Did Pompey win better because Harness was sent off? My suspicion is that they would have settled for 2-0, with 11 on the field.

RE: Full time report - Lawrence - 05-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 05:07 PM)dsmg Wrote: Great game, and I must admit I wasn't that confident after Harness had another rush of blood to the head

Baz - Couple of smart saves and generally very safe
Carter - Good solid performance, in attack and defence
Raggers - a stalwart as usual and scoring for fun at the moment
Robertson - good game, made a crucial goal saving clearance
Ogilvie - as always, gives his all, strong at the back
Romeo - not at his best but still never gives up and makes good sortees forward and also made a goal saving interception
Tunnicliffe - best game he's had for us and a goal for his efforts
O'Brien - he's won us all over in 5 games. Runs his socks off and is skilful too. Laid Tunni a goal on a plate
Louis Thompson - very good game, winning tackles all over the pitch and has been speaking to his brother
Harness - twat, does that too often, no excuses and he was actually playing well
Hirst - What a great game for him. He's really coming on and is starting to cause teams a lot of problems with his incessant running

Subs - all did ok, Walker getting more involved
I see John Marquis scored two

Agree with most of that although I thought Bazooka looked a bit shaky than usual - especially with his distribution. I thought Romeo got better as the game went on but I thought Harness was poor. Nice to see that we didn't miss Curtis.

Only downside is the fact we are still taking the fecking knee. Are we the last club still doing it? Any chance everyone else can matter at some point?

RE: Full time report - Bluebob - 05-03-2022

I think he is rotating to keep the team fresh with playing 2 games a week at the moment. And Tunnicliffe needs matches to get match fit. Also agree with Deep that he was mom today.

RE: Full time report - PompeyDB - 05-03-2022

Yes I thought the knee thing seems a bit old now too. Are our American owners asking the team to do it? Doubtful, but someone at the club is obviously still making the decision that all the players must do it.

RE: Full time report - exgaffer - 05-03-2022

The whole team was immense today.

The desire to win, determination not to let Accrington score and no little skill, it was brilliant.

Raggett was superb, O’Brien was a colossus, the run to lay on the goal was worth the entrance money on its own.

George Hirst was excellent too, a couple of well taken and well deserved goals.

Ogilvie is excellent and he would be one of the first names on my team sheet every game.

As has been said, Tunniclffe was tremendous,

As for Harness, he hasn’t been playing that well lately imo and the rash sending off just compounds that.

All in all a great day to be at the park, that kind of performance really gets the crown going.

Long may it continue.

If we can beat Crewe on Tuesday I will start to believe  Smile .

(05-03-2022, 07:03 PM)PompeyDB Wrote: Yes I thought the knee thing seems a bit old now too. Are our American owners asking the team to do it? Doubtful, but someone at the club is obviously still making the decision that all the players must do it.

Nealry all the premiership clubs are still taking the knee -- it's now expanded way beyond the original meaning to encompass all discrimination in football.  It'll probably include support for Ukraine now.

RE: Full time report - BilltheCat - 05-03-2022

"Only downside is the fact we are still taking the fecking knee. Are we the last club still doing it? Any chance everyone else can matter at some point?"

Why is that a downside?

(05-03-2022, 07:03 PM)PompeyDB Wrote: Yes I thought the knee thing seems a bit old now too. Are our American owners asking the team to do it? Doubtful, but someone at the club is obviously still making the decision that all the players must do it.

Yes they are.  It's the players making that decision.

Yes they are.  It's the players making that decision.