TrueBlueArmy Forums
George - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: George (/showthread.php?tid=1629)

Pages: 1 2

George - Cunninglinguist - 05-03-2022

Anyone left who wouldn’t at least consider signing him permanently?

RE: George - dsmg - 05-03-2022

A revelation

RE: George - Hermann's_no_hermit - 05-03-2022

Wish we could afford him. Eric's interview was revealing - George comes under the "hired assassin" category.

RE: George - Cunninglinguist - 05-03-2022

What a turnaround. Couldn’t bloody stand him when he first arrived. Now he’s the modern day Colin Sullivan.

RE: George - Pompeyg100 - 05-03-2022

If he reduces his wages by 75% and Leicester pay off his contract and let us have him on a free.

RE: George - Cunninglinguist - 05-03-2022

His contract with Leicester expires in May.

He's just turned 23

He is a player that could improve in value and ability.

All that fits the profile of the sort of player we would consider, doesn't it?

RE: George - Pompeyg100 - 05-03-2022

I thought someone on here the other day said he 2.5 years left.

RE: George - Pompeyloyal - 05-03-2022

No he’s sh1te - I remember clearly the plumber telling me online back in September that he’s absolutely shocking & we should send him straight back from whence he came

RE: George - Cunninglinguist - 06-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 10:06 PM)Cunninglinguist Wrote: His contract with Leicester expires in May.

He's just turned 23

He is a player that could improve in value and ability.

All that fits the profile of the sort of player we would consider, doesn't it?

He signed in 2019, so that would have been a very long contract. As best I can find, it runs out in May. 31st, to be precise.

RE: George - Isaac Hunt - 06-03-2022

If he carries on performing well, Leicester will want him or at least he will go to a champ side

RE: George - Jizbag - 06-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 10:47 PM)Pompeyloyal Wrote: No he’s sh1te - I remember clearly the plumber telling me online back in September that he’s absolutely shocking & we should send him straight back from whence he came

I believe it's Carter's contract that has 2.5 years to run.

(06-03-2022, 08:37 AM)Isaac Hunt Wrote: If he carries on performing well, Leicester will want him or at least he will go to a champ side
That depends a lot on what Hirst wants to do. He may feel he’s enjoying his football playing for a set of supporters and a manager who appreciate him. He’s playing week in, week out at Pompey. Not much fun being on the bench at a Championship club where he’d have to regain match fitness and form. It took him a large part of the season to do that at Fratton.

RE: George - Isaac Hunt - 06-03-2022

Lets hope he is philanthropic then

RE: George - DeepBlue - 06-03-2022

(05-03-2022, 10:13 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: I thought someone on here the other day said he 2.5 years left.

Thats what I thought the  News said during the week, which surprised me because earlier in the season I'm sure they said he was out of contract in the summer. 

So the good news should be that he will be a free transfer, but that just leaves the problem of wages.

Walker is currently getting a fair wedge. If we can pay him that much…….

But to be honest, I would not break any pay policy that Pompey have. Plenty of players, from the higher divisions, have had to cut their pay expectations when they’ve descended down the league. Georgie boy is not a Premier league class player. Not sure he is even a Championship player, yet. He has and is improving with us though. He may even have the chance to progress up the league with us.

RE: George - bluetagagain - 06-03-2022

I thought I heard somewhere that Hirst was on 11K a week !!!!

RE: George - Jizbag - 06-03-2022

(06-03-2022, 09:32 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:
(05-03-2022, 10:13 PM)Pompeyg100 Wrote: I thought someone on here the other day said he 2.5 years left.

Thats what I thought the  News said during the week, which surprised me because earlier in the season I'm sure they said he was out of contract in the summer. 

So the good news should be that he will be a free transfer, but that just leaves the problem of wages.

They were talking about Carter I believe.

RE: George - Hammie - 06-03-2022

Offer him a reasonable basic, big top ups for goals.

RE: George - Pedalo_menders - 06-03-2022

(06-03-2022, 12:14 PM)Jizbag Wrote:
(06-03-2022, 09:32 AM)DeepBlue Wrote:

They were talking about Carter I believe.

Carter has 2 ± years on his contract too. The only way we are getting Carter again is if/and we get promoted, a lone, Blackburn get promoted

RE: George - mikey393 - 06-03-2022

If & when we get promoted ME will be in for a big shock. We are looking at a wage increase of at 100-200% increase.

Yeah, I would imagine he hasn't got a clue.

RE: George - Rocketman - 06-03-2022

More dumb comments on here. Of course the Eisner's know what promotion will cost, they're businessmen. Eric made it quite clear in his interview that they want promotion this year, and for it to be sustainable.

RE: George - Pedalo_menders - 07-03-2022

(06-03-2022, 11:26 PM)Rocketman Wrote: More dumb comments on here. Of course the Eisner's know what promotion will cost, they're businessmen. Eric made it quite clear in his interview that they want promotion this year, and for it to be sustainable.

We all want promotion this year. I also want a date with Selma Hayak. But just saying that to you doesn't mean I've got a particularly good strategy in place to achieve that aim though, does it?

RE: George - bluetagagain - 07-03-2022

She’s not all that TBH. Her breakfast is nothing to write home about .

RE: George - slayer - 07-03-2022

Let's not get carried away. Pleased for recent goals but still woefully short for 11 grand a week plus 4 on top from Leicester. He would need to be thinking about dropping 67 percent wages for us to be able to consider him surely