TrueBlueArmy Forums
Bolton away on tuesday - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Bolton away on tuesday (/showthread.php?tid=1704)

Bolton away on tuesday - BlueArmy - 03-04-2022

Anyone from here going? Should be a good game.

We need a win to keep our slim playoffs hopes alive.

Not been to Bolton before. Travelling up tomorrow and staying 2 nights in the hotel built into the stadium. Looking forward to it.

Hopefully in the near future Pompey will have something similar re hotel built in as it is a good money maker.

I would expect 1000 Pompey to be at this game.

RE: Bolton away on tuesday - Pedalo_menders - 03-04-2022

Just scoring a goal would be nice. I don't think we will win but let's hope we can get one!

RE: Bolton away on tuesday - 66zoolane - 03-04-2022

My mate thinks it'll be 3-0 to Pompey and we'll win every remaining game and narrowly scrape into the play-offs.

He was diagnosed with dementia in 2018.

RE: Bolton away on tuesday - BlueArmy - 03-04-2022

Lol guys   Big Grin . We can still finish top 6.

I have a feeling it will be a 0 1 win to Pompey.

Hope it doesn't snow as that will ruin the trip.

RE: Bolton away on tuesday - TBP - 04-04-2022

Looks like a 0-0 draw to me.

RE: Bolton away on tuesday - Bluebob - 04-04-2022

(04-04-2022, 06:11 AM)TBP Wrote: Looks like a 0-0 draw to me.

Well one thing there can be no moaning from Cowley that the lads are tired as they have had a fortnight off and should be fresh and ready to go. Also no real injuries to worry about. It is most unusual that all 9 teams above us are in good form so we would need to win possibly all off our 8 remaining games and hope 3 teams slip up. Can’t see it happening but you never know as it gets down to the squeaky bum time off the season.

RE: Bolton away on tuesday - oi oi saveloy - 04-04-2022

(03-04-2022, 07:32 PM)66zoolane Wrote: My mate thinks it'll be 3-0 to Pompey and we'll win every remaining game and narrowly scrape into the play-offs.

He was diagnosed with dementia in 2018.

I didn’t know Joe Biden was a Pompey fan.

RE: Bolton away on tuesday - Pompeyg100 - 04-04-2022

(04-04-2022, 07:41 AM)Bluebob Wrote:
(04-04-2022, 06:11 AM)TBP Wrote: Looks like a 0-0 draw to me.

Well one thing there can be no moaning from Cowley that the lads are tired as they have had a fortnight off and should be fresh and ready to go. Also no real injuries to worry about. It is most unusual that all 9 teams above us are in good form so we would need to win possibly all off our 8 remaining games and hope 3 teams slip up. Can’t see it happening but you never know as it gets down to the squeaky bum time off the season.

The last time we had a break we put in a dreadful performance!

RE: Bolton away on tuesday - Jizbag - 04-04-2022

(03-04-2022, 08:23 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: Lol guys   Big Grin . We can still finish top 6.

I have a feeling it will be a 0 1 win to Pompey.

Hope it doesn't snow as that will ruin the trip.

My god, you have faith...

RE: Bolton away on tuesday - BlueArmy - 04-04-2022

Agreed guys. Yes I have faith lol.

I'm at the university of bolton stadium in the hotel room, very impressed and slightly jealous too.

This is a fantastic money maker for Bolton and Pompey have to do something with the North stand similar to this hopefully. Pompey have got a lot of catching up to do with the ground still.

RE: Bolton away on tuesday - Hammie - 04-04-2022

(04-04-2022, 05:27 PM)BlueArmy Wrote: Agreed guys. Yes I have faith lol.

I'm at the university of bolton stadium in the hotel room, very impressed and slightly jealous too.

This is a fantastic money maker for Bolton and Pompey have to do something with the North stand similar to this hopefully. Pompey have got a lot of catching up to do with the ground still.

Cullen as much as said the North upper will include a hotel. Seems logical cap'ain

RE: Bolton away on tuesday - BlueArmy - 04-04-2022

(04-04-2022, 08:59 PM)Hammie Wrote:

Cullen as much as said the North upper will include a hotel. Seems logical cap'ain

Certainly hope so. Seems the way forward.

Just hope it happens soon. None of this waiting until we are in the championship. Just build it ASAP.

RE: Bolton away on tuesday - Hammie - 05-04-2022

He repeated the often heard line about Portsmouth being seriously short of hotels.
Does anyone have links to the hospitality industry locally and know that to be true. I would imagine we are short of hotels when big events happen such as the great South Run. But is there enough business to keep them solvent year around?

RE: Bolton away on tuesday - DeepBlue - 05-04-2022

I'm not saying it is not a good facility to have at a ground, but not sure Bolton make any money from it. Isn't it owned by Radisson ?

RE: Bolton away on tuesday - Tomsk - 05-04-2022

Last time we went to Bolton we were going to stay there but were advised by our Bolton friends that it wasn't all that, we stayed instead at a lovely place called The Last Drop

RE: Bolton away on tuesday - BlueArmy - 05-04-2022

I thought Bolton owned the hotel but I could be wrong. It's a earner for someone and at worst the club surely get a cut.

I have found the staff to be absolutely fantastic at the stadium, very helpful towards opposition fans. Spending time to talk about Bolton and Pompey and show around the stadium.

I think a hotel on a redeveloped North stand at Pompey would certainly be used a lot and has to happen. I dont have any statistics but it is quite difficult sometimes to get a room down Pompey in a hotel.

Pompey just need to make it happen.

RE: Bolton away on tuesday - exgaffer - 05-04-2022

I can’t say I’m jealous of Bolton, it’s nice to have a hotel attached to the stadium and I have stayed in the one at Bloomfield Road Blackpool. It would be a ‘nice to have’ at Fratton but I’m not sure it would make a great deal of money.

The big mistake Bolton made was to move 6 miles out of Bolton and I’m not sure they’ve ever really recovered from that. A mate of mine is a Bolton fan and I used to go to the old Burnden Park quite often. It had tradition, atmosphere and it was close to the town centre. I think it was a mistake to throw that away and I’m really glad we haven’t done the same thing.

Enjoy your stay though, and I hope we can get the 3 points obviously  Smile .

RE: Bolton away on tuesday - Hammie - 05-04-2022

I think Cullen talked about money to be made from hosting work events/conferences. I guess weddings too.