TrueBlueArmy Forums
Cowly money - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Cowly money (/showthread.php?tid=1705)

Cowly money - Hammie - 05-04-2022

Is Cowley on a constant campaign to spend more money. He seems to be moaning about lack of funds at least weekly right now. 
You can moan about Kenny but he seemed to be better at getting value for money from the players in the squad. Until he made big signings of course. But his wage bill seemed lower and got more points per £

I wonder how the owners feel about his constant moaning?

RE: Cowly money - slayer - 05-04-2022

All managers do it. Some publicly, others not.

We won't forget Harry's bare bones patter in a while.

I don't care if DC whinges at his lot. If that opens the purse wider and he gets us up, that's all I care about

RE: Cowly money - Isaac Hunt - 05-04-2022

It helps, but it`s not always about money

RE: Cowly money - mikey393 - 06-04-2022

(05-04-2022, 11:30 AM)Hammie Wrote: Is Cowley on a constant campaign to spend more money. He seems to be moaning about lack of funds at least weekly right now. 
You can moan about Kenny but he seemed to be better at getting value for money from the players in the squad. Until he made big signings of course. But his wage bill seemed lower and got more points per £

He has a point though as we've been out spent by our main rivals in the January transfer window.

Cowley missed out on all his main targets & even Wycombe beat us to Lewis Wing & Charlton to Jason Stockley.

Main problem was we received nothingfor Marquis & very little for Harrison.

RE: Cowly money - Pompeyg100 - 06-04-2022

(06-04-2022, 07:47 PM)mikey393 Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 11:30 AM)Hammie Wrote: Is Cowley on a constant campaign to spend more money. He seems to be moaning about lack of funds at least weekly right now. 

He has a point though as we've been out spent by our main rivals in the January transfer window.

Cowley missed out on all his main targets & even Wycombe beat us to Lewis Wing & Charlton to Jason Stockley.

Main problem was we received nothingfor Marquis & very little for Harrison.
He spunked all the cash on Walker.

RE: Cowly money - Hammie - 06-04-2022

regarding January window
Both Cowley and our exec said they opted not to bring in poor value players who would be cheaper come the summer. Suggests they were unusually realistic about our chance of making the playoffs even then.

RE: Cowly money - mikey393 - 07-04-2022

(06-04-2022, 09:13 PM)Hammie Wrote: regarding January window
Both Cowley and our exec said they opted not to bring in poor value players who would be cheaper come the summer. Suggests they were unusually realistic about our chance of making the playoffs even then.

That's about the size of it I reckon.

Spending money doesn't guarantee success but it can help in January for the long run in.

Most of our competitors spent & brought in some decent looking players.

I think it was all about the ground improvements & making sure there were enough funds to cover that.

The real test will be in the Summer with 12 players I believe out of contract.

Who to discard & finding better replacements.

Next season is make or break for the Cowleys.

If we're not in the top 4 or really the top 2 at Xmas they can go as far as I'm concerned.

RE: Cowly money - Trarchus - 07-04-2022

It's a bit difficult to know exactly how or what our financial state is or where we are regarding the wage bill.
Wouldn't like to guess how Covid has hit the purse strings.  It's bound to have affected many clubs some more than others.

RE: Cowly money - Jizbag - 07-04-2022

(07-04-2022, 02:28 PM)Trarchus Wrote: It's a bit difficult to know exactly how or what our financial state is or where we are regarding the wage bill.
Wouldn't like to guess how Covid has hit the purse strings.  It's bound to have affected many clubs some more than others.

Yep, shame we don't have billionaire owners...oh wait..

RE: Cowly money - Trarchus - 07-04-2022

(07-04-2022, 02:33 PM)Jizbag Wrote:
(07-04-2022, 02:28 PM)Trarchus Wrote: It's a bit difficult to know exactly how or what our financial state is or where we are regarding the wage bill.

Big Grin 
Just as pissed off as everyone else we've got another season in L1 to look forward too. 
We ain't got a good record with spendthrifts, have we?

RE: Cowly money - exgaffer - 07-04-2022

Well if we didn’t have billionaire owners we would be in the shit.

They said they wouldn’t spend silly money, so I’m surprised anyone expects them to.

RE: Cowly money - Jizbag - 08-04-2022

(07-04-2022, 02:51 PM)exgaffer Wrote:

They said they wouldn’t spend silly money, so I’m surprised anyone expects them to.

Every time the term "billionaire owners" is mentioned, in the next breath is mentioned "silly money".
I'd just like a competitive budget with a decent manager.

RE: Cowly money - Pompeyg100 - 08-04-2022

(08-04-2022, 07:52 AM)Jizbag Wrote:

Every time the term "billionaire owners" is mentioned, in the next breath is mentioned "silly money".

The budget is competitive.

RE: Cowly money - exgaffer - 08-04-2022

The trouble is, everyone who brings up the ‘billionaire owners’ topic does so in a ‘why aren’t we spunking loads of dosh in the transfer market’ context.

Our budget is competitive, there is work being carried out on the stadium, the club is on a sound financial footing.

I would like a more attacking manager who was more passion and basics rather than one who spends too much time on the laptop and overthinks tactics though.

RE: Cowly money - Wightblue - 08-04-2022

Yeah, the budget is competitive

It’s just the team that isn’t !

RE: Cowly money - briefcase_wanchor - 08-04-2022

The Eisners just don’t fit as Billionaire owners. Them buying PFC is like The Sultan of Brunei buying a clapped out Ford Fiesta, and then paying a load of dosh for a respray and other odds and sods to get it through the MOT.

RE: Cowly money - Jizbag - 09-04-2022

(08-04-2022, 08:20 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:

Competitive with whom?

RE: Cowly money - Pompeyg100 - 09-04-2022

(09-04-2022, 08:50 AM)Jizbag Wrote:
(08-04-2022, 08:20 AM)Pompeyg100 Wrote:
(07-04-2022, 02:33 PM)Jizbag Wrote: Yep, shame we don't have billionaire owners...oh wait..

Competitive with whom?
Our competition.

RE: Cowly money - Hammie - 09-04-2022

looking at the current table, I would think Plymouth are the odd one out as getting very good value for money. The rest are probably spending about the same or a little more than us. (on wages)

RE: Cowly money - DeepBlue - 09-04-2022

Catlin disclosed  last season (or was it the season before) that we were just in the top 4 of the division for wages. Since then, although ours have risen slightly every year, we've seen the likes of Sunderland, Wigan, Ipswich & Sheff Wed come into money so I would reckon we are about 6th or 7th.  

So we are  competitive in the division.

RE: Cowly money - mikey393 - 09-04-2022

(09-04-2022, 10:13 AM)DeepBlue Wrote: Catlin disclosed  last season (or was it the season before) that we were just in the top 4 of the division for wages. Since then, although ours have risen slightly every year, we've seen the likes of Sunderland, Wigan, Ipswich & Sheff Wed come into money so I would reckon we are about 6th or 7th.  

So we are  competitive in the division.

7th on Spending on players against our rivals including: Oxford, Wycombe, Ipswich, Wigan, Sunderland etc;

All clubs above us. 

Another year of failure on the pitch while our Billionaire owners coniue you to invest in sticky plasters patching up the ground.

Getting nowhere with B.R. or the Council it seems.