TrueBlueArmy Forums
Speculation on team for tonight - Printable Version

+- TrueBlueArmy Forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com)
+-- Forum: TBA forums (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Play Up Pompey (https://forum.truebluearmy.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Speculation on team for tonight (/showthread.php?tid=1706)

Speculation on team for tonight - Rocketman - 05-04-2022

First off, I hope Ogilvie gets the nod ahead of Robertson. Then I hope it's Hirst & O'Brian up front.  Morrell, Thomson, Raggett, Romeo, Baz, Hume & Carter should be automatics. Please please please no more Walker.

RE: Speculation on team for tonight - Hammie - 05-04-2022

I wonder why Walker has scored so few for us, seeming to go against his previous record. And no I would not play him either. In facts I'd send him back and save his wages. But with such a small squad, I guess we can't

RE: Speculation on team for tonight - Rocketman - 05-04-2022

(05-04-2022, 12:23 PM)Hammie Wrote: I wonder why Walker has scored so few for us, seeming to go against his previous record. And no I would not play him either. In facts I'd send him back and save his wages. But with such a small squad, I guess we can't

There probably is a useful player hiding there somewhere, we just haven't been able to see it for some reason. I hope we play all-out for a win tonight, just to keep us hooked on the remote possibility of making the playoffs!  If it's a dull uninspiring game, I suspect attendances for the last 4 home games might not be that great!

RE: Speculation on team for tonight - Pedalo_menders - 05-04-2022

Jacobs ahead of Curtis please.

RE: Speculation on team for tonight - Rocketman - 05-04-2022

(05-04-2022, 12:44 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: Jacobs ahead of Curtis please.

Agreed, and as I only named 10 then Jacobs gets the final spot! Curtis & Harness to come on if it's still 0-0 after 70 mins in place of O'Brian plus whoever is having a poor game. Easy init  Wink

RE: Speculation on team for tonight - Isaac Hunt - 05-04-2022

(05-04-2022, 12:23 PM)Hammie Wrote: I wonder why Walker has scored so few for us, seeming to go against his previous record. And no I would not play him either. In facts I'd send him back and save his wages. But with such a small squad, I guess we can't

Don´t think it matters much now.

RE: Speculation on team for tonight - DeepBlue - 05-04-2022

I think it will be ... 
Baz
Carter Raggett Robertson
Romeo Thompson Morrell Ogilvie
Harness
Hirst Curtis 

Tunnicliffe & Jacobs for Thompson & Curtis after 60 mins.

RE: Speculation on team for tonight - stayinupforever - 05-04-2022

(05-04-2022, 12:28 PM)Rocketman Wrote:

There probably is a useful player hiding there somewhere, we just haven't been able to see it for some reason. I hope we play all-out for a win tonight, just to keep us hooked on the remote possibility of making the playoffs!  If it's a dull uninspiring game, I suspect attendances for the last 4 home games might not be that great!

I think he is hiding and doesn't really want to be here.

RE: Speculation on team for tonight - stayinupforever - 05-04-2022

How about:
Bazunu
Carter Raggett Robertson Ogilvie
Romeo Thompson Jacobs
Hirst Harness Curtis

I think our strongest XI is:

Carter Raggett Ogilvie
Romeo Thompson Morrell Curtis
Harness Hirst jacobs

RE: Speculation on team for tonight - DeepBlue - 05-04-2022

(05-04-2022, 03:41 PM)Pedalo_menders Wrote: I think our strongest XI is:

Carter Raggett Ogilvie
Romeo Thompson Morrell Curtis
Harness Hirst jacobs

Might concede a few without a goalkeeper ?  Huh

(05-04-2022, 02:52 PM)stayinupforever Wrote:
(05-04-2022, 12:28 PM)Rocketman Wrote:

I think he is hiding and doesn't really want to be here.

that last bit seems key to me, no idea why not
on the other hand O'Brien

RE: Speculation on team for tonight - Bluebob - 05-04-2022

Well according to the News both Curtis and useless sorry meant Harness are both on the bench. Happy with that but no Jacobs not even in the squad.

RE: Speculation on team for tonight - pushbike_pete_PFC - 05-04-2022

O'brien ahead of Walker any day of the week.. and Jacobs instead of Curtis too. Mind you, it's all pretty academic really, play offs? Forget it.. and even if we made them do we really want to go through the usual play off trauma? No thanks... I want to see Sunderland thrashed in the final by, erm... anyone!

RE: Speculation on team for tonight - Bluebob - 05-04-2022

Well that was a false lead useless is playing as well as is Jacobs. But no Curtis.

RE: Speculation on team for tonight - dsmg - 05-04-2022

You got your wish Pedalo

Anyone listening to the ifollow commentary? That can't be the Bolton commentators real voice, can it? Sounds like a Bo Selecta chatacter

its damned annoying whatever it is. It seems pretty crap that they cannot broadcast any of the prematch stuff from Solent or their local station.

RE: Speculation on team for tonight - Who_Am_I? - 05-04-2022

Change commo to Away. in bottom right hand corner of iFollow screen under settings/audio :]

Nolton keeper not had a save to make... familiar story, innit.

RE: Speculation on team for tonight - ForeverPompey - 05-04-2022

With the season dead and buried it’s time to throw some young blood into the action perhaps. Is it also time to ask whether DC has achieved anything this season? We may finish lower in the table with less points, less goals and further from the top 6 than at any time under KJ. That doesn’t thrill me at all!